Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I work with a woman who has seen me vaping. She came over to me and told me her friend got mold in his lungs from vaping. Is this possible?

PG is anti bacterial so I really doubt that story. When it was cost effective PG was used in hospital ventilation systems to disinfect buildings. Also now used in certain lung operations and is a key ingredient in asthma inhalers.
I've also spoken to many Healthcare Professionals and although they gave me a heads up in regards to certain possible issues that may occur with vaping not one of them mentioned "mold" in the lungs"...Doctors, Dentists, Surgeons, Pharmacists, Dental Hygienists, Naturopaths, Smoking Cessation Experts...

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I work with a woman who has seen me vaping. She came over to me and told me her friend got mold in his lungs from vaping. Is this possible?

I don't think it is very likely that Vaping was the cause of someone being Infested with Mold.

Otherwise, this Forum would have had Numerous Reports of it by Now.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Even during the winter months we're excited about humidity being below 60% and don't think a thing about 90%. (Some do complain when it goes higher than 90% though, but those folks have trouble making words when it is 100% so it all comes out OK in the end.) We just went through the biggest flood in recorded history here too. There have been no cases reported of mold in the lungs. So 90-100% humidity and mold everywhere and it isn't growing in the lungs of folks here.

I'd suspect that vapers would be even less likely to have this odd occurrence. That water that makes vapor so visible is coming from our insides. Which is why the constant advise of drink more water is so often heard. Vapers need to replace the water the vapor is drawing out of them. Seems vapers, as a group, would have the least likely place to have lungs suitable for mold growth.

I'll leave out that someone would have to have some serious existing lung problems to even make mold growth in the lungs even possible...

dhughey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Memphis, TN
Some people are resistant to change and/or do not understand some things. I have turned several people at work onto electronic, because we can use them in the control rooms while monitoring equipment. But i swear there are guys who are afraid of them. I understand there may be risks, but if you already smoke cigarettes, how could you be scared of vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread