Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
My grandson, Carter is autistic and SPD and he has one... or two? He uses them a LOT. They have been wonderful for him.

I sleep better in the winter, too, chooch... and enjoy the weight of more blankets, but I don't think I could sleep with one of these. At least not one like Carter's. It is really heavy... far heavier than just the added winter blankets type weight. I think I would have issues with heat as well as feeling trapped. BUT... if you can get the house nice and cool in the summer and don't have problems with feeling trapped, I would think it could very well help. You could always give it a try and if it turns out to be 'not for you', you could donate the blanket to a family with an autistic child. A lot of people can't afford them and also don't realize how great they are. :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Thank you, Kayte. :) These blankets do come in various weights.......from 4 to 20 lbs. depending on the need of the individual from what I've read. Am alright going to sleep. It's staying asleep that's my problem. Am reading where some adults and children without any problems do achieve a longer and more restful snooze under these things.......Then again I just could use the afghans during the summer........and spend the money on more A/C! Ha! :)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Extremely nasty morning here today...storms woke me up at 5:30 with hail and heavy winds. Still stuck at home as I can't even get out of my neighborhood since the only road out is flooded...And found the passenger side floor of my car flooded when I tried to leave...UGH! What a way to start the day. :shock:

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Stay safe Angel. Been seeing a lot of flooding on the coast on my FB feed today. When we flew out of Gulfport last weekend it was so hot and humid. It felt like it does right before a thunderstorm.

SNOW DAY HERE! I did take off work today but not because it's snowing. I do love to watch it snow though. We're expecting up to 2 feet by tomorrow evening. So, I'm making a chicken and biscuit stew today while Linda's still here. What else do you do when it snows??

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
LOL!!! Hey, Ms.C. :) Say hello to Linda for us and pass around that chicken stew! Don't mind spring at all 'cept in the South the "hot and humid" starts so quick! Then there's the heavy pollen that messes with people's sinuses, and in our area......more particularly on our property......those squiggly, dangly things falling off the oak trees that somehow make their way into the house. Argh!.....But you know all this and get to watch snowflakes fall at the end of April. :)

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Hi all!
Angel, hope the rain stops soon and no more flooding your car! :shock:

Ms. C - enjoy the snow. I heard we're supposed to get some rain. It snowed here (very lightly) a couple of days ago. I'll take it in whatever form I can get it, but would prefer rain right now. All of my fruit trees are blooming and they're so pretty (aside from the fact that I enjoy the fruit.) The lilacs are about to open, too.

Chooch, I'm with you and wish the 'nature litter' would keep itself outside! I don't actually feel like sweeping every day. Not even every other day. :p

Truli, sure sorry to hear you're sick. Sounds like you could use some of Ms.C's stew and a good sleep. Hope you feel better fast and this one doesn't hang on long!

Obviously we won't be showing tips this evening. My daughter had a photoshoot here this afternoon and a bunch of the grands came with her. :sneaky: :D Always good to have them over. Now I need a nap.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning lovely & handsome ones :)

Good-Morning-Its-Friday.jpg

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    'Morning, Dale. :) New day. New weekend.......And that sure is a dainty little cup for coffee! Ha! :) Never did rain here yesterday or last night, but I did see "red skies" this morning. Perhaps the "Mississippi Sprinkle" is coming this way.
    Good morning Chooch :)
    Storms have been here since before daylight ... as a matter of fact, I've yet to SEE daylight :laugh:
    Satellite has been mostly out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread