Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Me too Chooch. Would totally love new windows. Our house was built in the 70's but I can honestly say we never have weather where we can open them so I don't push it.

Well, that dinner came in handy. I not only fed my son but both girls and an extra. I keep forgetting my DIL and son are practically raising another girl. She's a neighbor and apparently doesn't have a good home life. My DIL said she just found her in bed this morning. She often stays a week or more before going home. I guess her parents don't care and just assume that's where she is. So Sad, she's such a polite and sweet little girl (probably about 13). We just treat her like she's one of our own.

Last edited:

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
My Sea Orchid that I love so much. Thanks Doug and Kayte!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430789049.945852.jpg

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Freaking out!! I just deleted an attorneys mailbox in error from the server level. Waiting on the engineers to put their heads together before I get killed. I was deleting one guy whose name was Mark N.... And deleted another guy named Mark N.... Xanax, I need Xanax while waiting. I may have to retire today. :)
It should be in your TRASH.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
It should be in your TRASH.
Haha Siri. I wish it were that easy but that not how Microsoft Exchange works. Luckily, it's somewhat idiot proof and this IDIOT learned something new today. Luckily, I deleted one who wouldn't care so much about the inconvenience. Some of them would be total A-Holes but not this one.

Have I mentioned I love my job?? Didn't think so.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Years ago I replaced windows in my last house built in 79, but built with cheap windows. A friend of mine and I were doing it, so they were at cost, except for a grouper fishing trip 30 miles out into the gulf of mexico in my boat. I thought it was a good deal. When we got to the bathroom, all the tile surrounding the window fell into the tub. Then a total bathroom remodel, wall board, tile, tub, toilet, & sink, but it sure turned out nice. The new owner gets to enjoy it now.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I took something for pain so I will have to try and catch up tomorrow. I know everyone wished me well with the tooth. Thanks for your good energy and thoughts.
Throwing back some good energy to anyone needing some. XOXOX:nun:
Night sweets. xoxoxoxoxo

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Killowatt - I'd love nothing more than for this house to be someone else's problem but that's not likely anytime soon. On our trip to CO again this month, we'll look at a few houses, but we're not likely to get serious yet. I still have 3-4 years to work. Gosh, that's depressing.

We've said if we find something we'll buy and rent it out but I dunno......

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Along with my new tip, I also got my 2nd 50w iStick today. There's a problem with the 50w's overheating and going crazy at higher power settings, so the nautilus at 14w to 15w will be fine. Now I'm set for at least a week with these. Also got a subtank mini for my dna40, but it's drying now.
20150504_215729-1_zpstzsj6tck.jpg

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
The 50w istick info has been scaring me with all the stories of it auto firing and catching on fire. I love my 30w and rarely need more than that anyway. Would a subtank mini do OK on a 30w istick? I use my Nauti mini's and my Lemo drop but wondered about the subtank mini just for something different.

Love that brown/white tip. Oh gosh, you're bonafide too. I will be one day when I grow up Sirius!!

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
The 50w istick info has been scaring me with all the stories of it auto firing and catching on fire. I love my 30w and rarely need more than that anyway. Would a subtank mini do OK on a 30w istick? I use my Nauti mini's and my Lemo drop but wondered about the subtank mini just for something different.

Love that brown/white tip. Oh gosh, you're bonafide too. I will be one day when I grow up Sirius!!

I would stay away from anything sub ohm on any iStick, the problem seems to be a problem getting rid of the heat created on the board with no vents. Haven't heard of any problems with peeps using 1.2ohm or higher coils. The auto fires on the 50w's seems to be from peeps running .5ohm and lower coils, at high wattage, thus heating up the board and burning it up, thus the auto fire. Just noticed the subtank comes with a 1.2 ohm coil as well as a .5 coil. I would think if you stay with the 1.2ohm coil, or higher, it should be fine. Just have to remember these are cheap chinese mods, not quality $225 dna40 mods, that's what my subtank is going on with the .5ohm coil. There's a dna 40w in the classies now just like the one I have, and $75 less than we all paid, if interested look for gently used no-logo black box dna40 mod.

I mainly got the 50w sticks for the battery life, not the power we can't use. These things last 3-4 days with others in rotation. I've been running a 1.8ohm coil at 12w to 14w with no problems in a nautilus.

Last edited:

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Just took my first pull off the subtank mini, with Wakonda in it.
OMG is this great juice, I'll be getting lots more in the future. Come on June 11th.

As you can see I started out at 15w per the instructions as the min. Now running 20w and I now have a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

DNA40%20w-subtankmini_zpsmllftnm6.jpg

Last edited:

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
My Sea Orchid that I love so much. Thanks Doug and Kayte!
View attachment 455095
What beautiful color matches. It looks 'spring' to me, too!
Years ago I replaced windows in my last house built in 79, but built with cheap windows. A friend of mine and I were doing it, so they were at cost, except for a grouper fishing trip 30 miles out into the gulf of mexico in my boat. I thought it was a good deal. When we got to the bathroom, all the tile surrounding the window fell into the tub. Then a total bathroom remodel, wall board, tile, tub, toilet, & sink, but it sure turned out nice. The new owner gets to enjoy it now.
Isn't that how it always goes??! Makes me afraid to move/change anything.
Our house (the main part) was built in 1922 so we've literally rebuilt it... without tearing it down. It's been 'interesting'.
Along with my new tip, I also got my 2nd 50w iStick today. There's a problem with the 50w's overheating and going crazy at higher power settings, so the nautilus at 14w to 15w will be fine. Now I'm set for at least a week with these. Also got a subtank mini for my dna40, but it's drying now.
20150504_215729-1_zpstzsj6tck.jpg

I'm so glad you brought that up about the iStick 50. I got an email for a good sale on them this morning and Doug and I were considering getting one, along with a sub ohm tank. I was going to ask what you all thought of it and the atlantis. I guess we'll pass on it.

Love how you have yours set up. :)

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Kayte the iStick 50w's are good mods, just have to remember the limits for long time use, NO sub ohming. With a nautilus and a 1.8ohm coil there shouldn't be a problem. The problem is, the boards are surrounded by some type of foam, thus insulating them from cooling. From what I've read that's the major problem, no way to cool off when sub ohming. I would think with the 1.2ohm coil, or higher, it would be fine, just don't let it get hot. Don't know much about the atlantis tank, sorry, but the subtank is great, I might be selling all my nautilus tanks now. Only downside is I'll be needing twice the juice.

Now I need a tip for the sub tank, funny it still has a 4mm ID hole at the base, so the base units you use fit great. The tip it comes with is 8mm ID at the top, and 20mm long. A little longer would be OK to. Think you could come up with something manly in wood and blue?

Last edited:

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Wood and blue. No sparkles. Got it! ;) Actually, you should send Doug an email so the two of you can sort out what kind of wood you'd like. He knows what he has, far better than I do. :)

On the iStick 50, we were wanting to try it for the sub ohm factor. Safety in a unit is of the utmost importance because we have no idea what we're doing. :danger:

It sounds like, to get that, we'd need to spend a few hundred. Maybe some day... but today is not that day. Something else to look forward to. For me it's merely curiosity. Doug think it might be helpful to him if he could get bigger clouds on a draw since he can't work and vape at the same time. I think he misses that he used to be able to hold a smoke in his lips while working. A mod is a tad heavy for that. :vapor:

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Kayte, a subtank mini with the 1.2ohm coil might be the ticket. When my .5ohm coil needs replacing, I'll use the 1.2ohm coil and let you 2 know what I think. I only have one, as I got 2 boxes of .5ohm coils along with the tank. But then there's the rba head, build to what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread