Status
Not open for further replies.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Dale I sure wish I could send some, it is pouring again I'm so sick of rain I don't think I have seen sunlight in two weeks and it isn't letting up either next week looks just as gloomy.:shock:

aotK0GJ.jpg

The back is the bay in front of that wall is a eight lane road, right now your better off owning a boat then a car.

Splat, is that Bayshore Blvd ?

Last edited:

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Lovely tips tonight Kayte! Love that pink floral lace. Hope you all got the one you wanted. No tip for me tonight.
I am busy making Troy some dinner. You know guys, well this one..he will just starve if I am not here.
Sending healing energy and some much needed sunshine to splat & dale.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Yes kilo that is Bayshore and the rest of South Tampa doesn't look any better.Pasco is so bad they asked for relief funds.

I've seen it like that many times, I grew up in St Pete.

KS the wind blows the water into Tampa Bay and it has to go somewhere.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Splat and Dale, hope you both feel better soon.

Just got some sad news from my boss today...I saw I had missed a call and text message from her which is unusual because it's Saturday, so I was almost leery to call her because I knew it couldn't be good. Turns out a really good friend of ours, a fellow lawyer friend, and my personal lawyer and friend who put me and her together, killed himself yesterday. He shot himself outside his law office. Turns out he had cancer really bad and no one knew it. He thought he was doing everyone a favor by going out this way so they wouldn't have to watch him suffer, but all he did was leave behind a lot of hurt and confused people. My heart goes out to his family, especially his wife and sons, one of whom just gave him his first grandchild. I am just so saddened by it all. :(:cry:

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Smilie you make me laugh, we Floridians are used to our daily deluge but it stops after an hour or so, it's all part of living down here but July has hammed us pretty bad.

Unlike you I did not sit on my hands tonight, I did try for that lovely Pink Floral Lace.:)

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Splat and Dale, hope you both feel better soon.

Just got some sad news from my boss today...I saw I had missed a call and text message from her which is unusual because it's Saturday, so I was almost leery to call her because I knew it couldn't be good. Turns out a really good friend of ours, a fellow lawyer friend, and my personal lawyer and friend who put me and her together, killed himself yesterday. He shot himself outside his law office. Turns out he had cancer really bad and no one knew it. He thought he was doing everyone a favor by going out this way so they wouldn't have to watch him suffer, but all he did was leave behind a lot of hurt and confused people. My heart goes out to his family, especially his wife and sons, one of whom just gave him his first grandchild. I am just so saddened by it all. :(:cry:
    :cry: {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} Angel :( You've sure had more than your share lately :(

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Yeah it was really just such a shock to me...I had no idea he was so sick...my boss, who has lunch with him every week said she didn't even know, but that now a lot of stuff he had been doing the last few weeks made a lot of sense now...she was one of the first on the scene and I'm really worried about her too because I know how close they were and what a shock it must have been for her...and here she was all worried about how I'd take it and wanted to be the first to tell me...I can understand his mindset in a way, but what people who do something like that never understand is that the people left behind don't see it that way and they are even more devastated by it...it's just heartbreaking no matter how you look at it.

Thanks for all the hugs guys....I just needed the chance to get it off my chest because I can't really say anything about it around here with my bf or his mom because his brother committed suicide back in the 80s and it's still a subject you just don't want to bring up and bring up bad memories. Thanks for letting me share.

Reactions: daleron

mommabird62

squonkhead
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    NC
    Hi all! Just sliding through for a quick hello!

Angel....so so very sorry for your loss [emoji22] {{hugs}}

Splat hope you get some relief from the rain soon before everything floats away!

KS sounds like you had a lovely day!

MsC hope you feel better soon!!! No fun being sick.

Rob, congrats on the arrival of your tips [emoji4]

Kayte, gorgeous tips again [emoji4] Missed em again...and dale's lovely breakfast....now I'm hungry LOL

Chooch-hope you are behaving! [emoji6]

If I missed anyone or anything I apologise....been one of those days.

Still at work and hoping to get home soon and collapse....

Hugs to all and TTYL! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Splat, looks like those two in the picture are floating along just fine......Not too fast so as to get a speed ticket. :)

Angel, that is so sad and not fair. He didn't let his family have a chance to say goodbye. :(

Dale, get better soon and I agree on that Floral Lace, but went for Grandmother's Garden with sparkly flowers. :)

Splatnext

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    Chooch you will have the big sister to my munchkin.:)

I have to agree with you Chooch and yet I can not help but think back when my husband passed but I had made him a promise to let him go when the time came and I kept to that.My hubby had cancer to and the man I told that day that it was alright to go was but a tiny shadow of his former self and he may have tried to save his familie and friends from that.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Aw Splat, I'm sorry...I forgot that you went through that with your husband. (((HUGS))) back at ya...but I think you're exactly right, he was trying to spare his family from watching him deteriorate and suffer, especially his wife who has health problems of her own and wouldn't have been able to care for him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread