Molehill Mountain Art - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
G'morning everyone! Let's have a coffee klatch as soon as I unstick my face from smelling those lovely looking flowers, Dale. :)

GF, I do that! I do that! :) Ha! What you don't see, you don't know you want. Other than tips, am pretty good on everything else. Dislike shopping for anything now anyway and I use to be a champeeeen shopper. Kids still joke about it. Burnt out I guess and really don't need it.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Being a "fast fingered Frieda" my ownself, I managed to nab "Grape Blossom" which just came in. Definitely grape and definitely blossomed with a couple of butterflies thrown in with a touch of silver glitter amongst the flowers. Got the same shade of purple glass for it and it looks "all one" with the purple Cool Fire IV. Because the flowers are all white using a white mod does the trick too. Happy with my southern girly little tip with just the right Kayte's touch! :)

grape-blossom-8-29-15-1-jpg.485291

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Being a "fast fingered Frieda" my ownself, I managed to nab "Grape Blossom" which just came in. Definitely grape and definitely blossomed with a couple of butterflies thrown in with a touch of silver glitter amongst the flowers. Got the same shade of purple glass for it and it looks "all one" with the purple Cool Fire IV. Because the flowers are all white using a white mod does the trick too. Happy with my southern girly little tip with just the right Kayte's touch! :)

grape-blossom-8-29-15-1-jpg.485291
    Very pretty Chooch :)

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2014
    Florida
    Hello Mountaineers.
    Gorgeous tip Chooch! I am loving the flowered ones. I snagged the red one called Fire Flower from last evening this morning.:wub:
    I cannot believe how many tips are sitting there on the site and have no home to go to! And a shells and pearls?:blink:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Goord morning, Mountaineers! :)..........Yoohoo!........Yoohoo!.......Okay, so I'm up early and ought to be flogged with a wet noodle; but from what I can see outside, all's well and nothing wet is falling. Ha!

Thanks, KS. That Fire Flower one is a beaut and what's not to love about red! :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    'Morning, Dale. :) Thank you! I will now take your generous cup of java and sit on the front porch right under the newly installed fan that hums! Ha!

All yesterday afternoon, hubby took down (third time) the fan, installed a heavy duty bracing between the joists, and reinstalled.......Hums better than ever now. LOL Even though he is a mild mannered man, I stayed out of ear shot on this one.

He installed two on the front porch. One is working silently as it should, and we can't figure why the one is so persistent in humming. Fortunately, instead of being delivered two, we were sent four. So, he'll break open the last box to use the last motor......I will again remain hidden until it's installed! :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    'Morning, Dale. :) Thank you! I will now take your generous cup of java and sit on the front porch right under the newly installed fan that hums! Ha!

All yesterday afternoon, hubby took down (third time) the fan, installed a heavy duty bracing between the joists, and reinstalled.......Hums better than ever now. LOL Even though he is a mild mannered man, I stayed out of ear shot on this one.

He installed two on the front porch. One is working silently as it should, and we can't figure why the one is so persistent in humming. Fortunately, instead of being delivered two, we were sent four. So, he'll break open the last box to use the last motor......I will again remain hidden until it's installed! :)
    Huh? DH gets that way about "noisy" fans too ... I can't hear them so it doesn't bother me ;)

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2012
    NM, U.S.
    www.molehillmountainart.com
    I have bin a bad girl anyway today, a little while ago I bought the wood for my new mod.Poor Doug he is going to have a heck of a time with a matching tip.;)
    You might ask the maker to send back any scraps when they get the mod done. Even if there's just a tiny piece, Doug could cap it with something to make it big enough. :)
    This is why I don't come around here anymore. Don't even need it and I want it. Perfection.
    Thanks GF! But but... we miss you. :D

GF, don't NEED these gorgeous tips either, BUT the kids are grown and on their own for many yrs now and our expenses have slowed down in other ways too. So, for entertainment, for artistic beauty that takes up little space and happens to be useful too, I am happily hooked. It's also nice that hubby enjoys the craftmanship and delicate work that it takes to make such a beautiful tiny thing. :)
    :wub:
    OMgosh I just realized I all ready have a tip that matches

cWo0qm7.jpg
    The wood is gorgeous and I can't wait to see your finished mod! That tip looks like it will be absolutely perfect!!! :banana::banana::banana:
    That's mighty sweet of you Chooch, I have looked for a nice block of stabilized wood for a while, there is some really garish colored stuff out there, in the end the gut feeling won out.I wanted some color but not something I would get tired just looking at and something that had a little nature left in it.
    Being in Florida stabilized wood should work well since the water can't get to it.

If I don't oil and wax my Woodvil's once a week the would stick all the time from the humidity.
    I wonder if you could put some OSMO Top Oil on your woodvil and do away with the need to oil and wax it all the time. I LOVE OSMO! Best stuff ever! I'm just not sure if it can go over what you've already got going. Might be worth checking into though. I'm sure the OSMO people can tell you.
    (It's what I used on my kitchen counters. All natural, water just beads up on it. Leaves the wood looking and feeling nice and natural... just a soft sheen, which I like. I put 4 super think coats on the counters and they're perfect. I might put another coat on next year if it looks like it needs it. If I get any dings or stains or anything, I can just sand the spot and apply a bit of OSMO. I would think the same would hold true for a mod. ;) )
    Oh don't get me wrong, I mean I don't need it anymore since I've quit vaping. If I wasnt "out" I'd still be buying tips every paycheck. What I can't see, I don't need...
    I'm not much of a window shopper either.
    Thank you, Dale. Haven't changed it out once the whole day! Amazing. LOL :)
    That IS somethin'! So glad you're enjoying it! I really REALLY like the floral tips!
    Hello Mountaineers.
    Gorgeous tip Chooch! I am loving the flowered ones. I snagged the red one called Fire Flower from last evening this morning.:wub:
    I cannot believe how many tips are sitting there on the site and have no home to go to! And a shells and pearls?:blink:
    I know! :cry: But, we'll just figure the rightful owners will come along eventually and they'll get to go home. :)
    Morning all. Happy Thursday it's been a hell of a week.....
    But I got time traveler last night and oh my stars it amazing!
    Morning Chooch Dale and others!
    Hope next week is nice and calm! :blink:
    YAY! Time Traveler is such a pretty one!

Doug has been having to work pretty slow this week. His back and leg are giving him fits. :( But, I'll have a few tips for this evening. I'm working hard at not drooling on a couple of them. :drool::laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread