Moments when you do an epic facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Last night, I had one of those moments, when I refilled my Innokin iSub Apex tank. As anyone who knows this type of tank, knows its topfill. I refilled it and took a huge hit. Hardly any vapor and lots of gurgling and massive juice in the mouth. I thought, this is odd. So I stick a qtip down the chimney and pull it back up drench in juice... odd. I get to looking and... I left the fill holes open. :facepalm::facepalm: So I close it and stick a few qtips to dry it up. Take another hit and it still gurgles very badly. So I get to looking again and take the bottom plate thing off annnnd Its filled with juice. :glug:

Clean that up real good with TP, take a another puff, and, TA DA, nice flavorful clouds once more. :banana:

Moral of the story, Please remember to close the refill holes when you top off your tank. :facepalm::blink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Last night, I had one of those moments, when I refilled my Innokin iSub Apex tank. As anyone who knows this type of tank, knows its topfill. I refilled it and took a huge hit. Hardly any vapor and lots of gurgling and massive juice in the mouth. I thought, this is odd. So I stick a qtip down the chimney and pull it back up drench in juice... odd. I get to looking and... I left the fill holes open. :facepalm::facepalm: So I close it and stick a few qtips to dry it up. Take another hit and it still gurgles very badly. So I get to looking again and take the bottom plate thing off annnnd Its filled with juice. :glug:

Clean that up real good with TP, take a another puff, and, TA DA, nice flavorful clouds once more. :banana:

Moral of the story, Please remember to close the refill holes when you top off your tank. :facepalm::blink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hmm? Huh? Nahhhhhhhh! Never done that myself with any tank...*Walks off whistling a tune trying to act innocent*

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I like dry burning dry rayon/cotton in my RBAs. Done that more than once.

Dry burn the coils and clean them, rewick the coils, forget to add juice or hit the fire button by accident... and remove wicks and go back to step one. :evil:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    If you mean the Juice Flow Control (JFC)... no, I've managed to never leave them open while top-filling. I'll trust you that it's "a bad thing". :D

I do however occasionally forget to re-open the JFC after a re-fill. Couple times a week usually.

Couple hours ago, in fact... again. :oops:

Thank you Temp Control. :p

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    If you mean the Juice Flow Control (JFC)... no, I've managed to never leave them open while top-filling. I'll trust you that it's "a bad thing". :D

I do however occasionally forget to re-open the JFC after a re-fill. Couple times a week usually.

Couple hours ago, in fact... again. :oops:

Thank you Temp Control. :p
    My tank doesn't have a JFC... just the twisty top to fill 'er up. If I had a JFC, I'd probably forget to close it... :facepalm::laugh:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I posted this in a similar thread last year, the "Statute of Stupidity" has surely passed by now...

--- When you're dripping but the room lighting is a little low... you look closer and see what's coming out of the juice bottle is a stream. :eek:

Arrrrgh... CHAINVAPE !... CHAINVAPE !... CHAINVAPE !!! :mad:

:p

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2016
    Nagoya, Japan
    When I change wicks, I usually drive up the watts to get a better and faster burn.

One time (actually, now that I think of it, it's more than a couple times), I forgot to put it back down, went to the patio to enjoy the breeze, and bam! it hit my throat like a runaway train.

Had to re-wick ... right after I re-wicked.

:vapor:

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    Forgot to screw down the button locking ring on my old school Nemesis mech when I set it down after installing a fresh batt...smelled something burning and noticed it was firing all by itself standing on the table..grabbed it with a towel because it was so hot..luckily all it did was burn the newly installed cotton in the Dark Horse RDA...WHEW! lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Was at work and auto fired my mod in my pocket for a good 10-15 seconds. Totally scorched my rayon wicks. No vape for you! Tasted like really burnt popcorn.

Had the switch on my Nemisis clone come apart and start auto firing. Unscrewed it real quick. Felt like a noob and lost the rice pin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread