Moments when you do an epic facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I was just vaping away on a Griffin a few hours ago and needed to fill it up, so I closed off the juice holes, filled it up, and proceeded to vape away. After a few drags I noticed it tasted vaguely burnt so I let it sit for a while, thinking the juice needed a few more minutes to soak in. I took another hit and it was dry as the Sahara! :eek: It was then that I realized I hadn't reopened the juice holes after screwing the top back on. :(:D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This didn't happen to me (thank goodness!!), it happened to a co-worker when I worked at a vape shop.

He had just added e-liquid to his rebuildable drip atomizer, but forgot to replace the cap. He absentmindedly tried to take a vape, and gave himself a nasty burn to his upper and lower lip from a sub-ohm coil. It took about 3 weeks for it to heal.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So when using my squonk, I like to use up most of the juice in the cotton before putting it in my pocket. So when I step outside for a vape at work (thanks State of MN) it is power up the mod, squonk, vape.

Well I just went out turned the mod off cause realized I left the mod on, and completely forgot to squonk. Deep lung hit of cotton. Ugh.:(

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
How many people have taken the tip off their plastic juice bottles to syringe juice out of it and forgot to put the tip back on, capped it and put it away only to come back later to fill a tank and have juice pour out of the bottle like a waterfall all over EVERYTHING. :shock: Not me...nope. :facepalm:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
So when using my squonk, I like to use up most of the juice in the cotton before putting it in my pocket. So when I step outside for a vape at work (thanks State of MN) it is power up the mod, squonk, vape.

Well I just went out turned the mod off cause realized I left the mod on, and completely forgot to squonk. Deep lung hit of cotton. Ugh.:(

Hmmm, cotton... tasty, tasty cotton. :confused:

:p

Never squonked... but I can see that being easy to do.

I TC almost exclusively (I can VW my SS when the mood hits) so I suspect I'd want a TC bottom feeder, though I understand its' appeal for box mechs or just plain wattage RDAs.

---

On a side note... we've hade several mentions now of burns due to hitting a naked RDA.

This has been happening since forever (managed to avoid it myself) and it can be bad.

If you're new to the concept and curious to Google imagery of it... DON'T!

JUST DO NOT. You have been warned. o_O

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Had my Ego Twist with 510 atomizer in a side pocket of my backpack.
And the backpack was my carry on luggage on a trip to New Orleans.

The side pocket was too tight and the button was depressed.
I have NO IDEA for how long.

When I got off the plane and went for a vape it tasted like burnt death.
Luckily I had a replacement atomizer.

And luckily the Twist has a cutoff which must have been invoked HUNDREDS of times.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
How many people have taken the tip off their plastic juice bottles to syringe juice out of it and forgot to put the tip back on, capped it and put it away only to come back later to fill a tank and have juice pour out of the bottle like a waterfall all over EVERYTHING. :shock: Not me...nope. :facepalm:

No, and I think you're now the "originality" leader. :p

Congrats ? o_O

:D

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Had my Ego Twist with 510 atomizer in a side pocket of my backpack.
And the backpack was my carry on luggage on a trip to New Orleans.

The side pocket was too tight and the button was depressed.
I have NO IDEA for how long.

When I got off the plane and went for a vape it tasted like burnt death.
Luckily I had a replacement atomizer.

And luckily the Twist has a cutoff which must have been invoked HUNDREDS of times.

A lot of vapers who just never have need of the 5-click Off feature (like me) probably wonder what the hell you'd need that for.

That's what for. :p

To be honest... removing the atty entirely for carry storage (if possible) is probably a good idea too.

You got lucky. We have a thread by a guy who took out an office on the factory floor.
Vaping is banned there now. Though obviously it could have been much worse than that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Just like it was in the old days when you went to take the Protank off your mod and instead, just unscrewed the top and all the juice spilled down you mod and shirt!
Did that with the Vivi Nova a few times. :facepalm:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I bought a Kanger Subtank once :facepalm:

No just kidding though, it's not as bad as all that. Just wasn't the "holy grail" I had made it out to be. I don't know that I've had any really "epic" moments, but I always have to facepalm a little inside every time I get up from the couch with my device in my lap and send the drip tip and battery cover skittering across the uncarpeted floor. I've also almost (thank god it's only almost) kissed hot coils a couple of times when I forgot to put the cap back on my RDA after dripping...

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Just like it was in the old days when you went to take the Protank off your mod and instead, just unscrewed the top and all the juice spilled down you mod and shirt!
    Did that a couple times with my Aspire ET-S... Not fun... Thankfully it was usually to give myself a refill so not much got out. :w00t:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    If you mean the Juice Flow Control (JFC)... no, I've managed to never leave them open while top-filling. I'll trust you that it's "a bad thing". :D

I do however occasionally forget to re-open the JFC after a re-fill. Couple times a week usually.

Couple hours ago, in fact... again. :oops:

Thank you Temp Control. :p

I was just vaping away on a Griffin a few hours ago and needed to fill it up, so I closed off the juice holes, filled it up, and proceeded to vape away. After a few drags I noticed it tasted vaguely burnt so I let it sit for a while, thinking the juice needed a few more minutes to soak in. I took another hit and it was dry as the Sahara! :eek: It was then that I realized I hadn't reopened the juice holes after screwing the top back on. :(:D

I try to always close the AFC after closing the JFC to prevent this. That way if I go to take a hit and can't get any air I know the JFC is closed. It is an extra step before and after refilling but so far it has prevented me from firing my tanks for more than a second before realizing the JFC (and AFC) are closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread