Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
oh my! that talon makes me wonder if one of my remaining Navajo pieces could be put to some good use
DSCN0686.jpg

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Beautiful piece there Dennis! Would you like me to whip up the talon for you to get an idea of whether yours would work or not? What is the size of it?

size? see, this is yet another reason i don't do crafts. i just now held it up to a Reo and it's only slightly smaller than the door. shoulda tried that before i posted. sigh...

if, after your safe return from the sandbox, i find something more suitable in my remaining Navajo and Hopi collection, i'll send it to ya

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
nobody wants the talon jacket? Makes me a sad little monkey!

I'm yo' huckleberry....Say Whaaaa!....does it include the chal.....:D

addit: My ancestors were Neanderthals is reason it caught my eye and it would match my dibby door.

Last edited:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
oh my! that talon makes me wonder if one of my remaining Navajo pieces could be put to some good use
View attachment 284756

Veeerrrry fine piece, D. Great detail work. I had a collection going...way back when. Sold it all when I got married many moons ago. Wish I hadn't.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Veeerrrry fine piece, D. Great detail work. I had a collection going...way back when. Sold it all when I got married many moons ago. Wish I hadn't.

coulda been worse, Tree. my first wedding ring was a matched Hopi set.

divorced 30+ years and i now hear she still occasionally opines that it wasn't diamonds :facepalm:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
coulda been worse, Tree. my first wedding ring was a matched Hopi set.

divorced 30+ years and i now hear she still occasionally opines that it wasn't diamonds :facepalm:

Hrumph! Diamonds are cool....I guess. But personally I'm partial to the hand made native american stuff (and other stuff). Different strokes, eh.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Hrumph! Diamonds are cool....I guess. But personally I'm partial to the hand made native american stuff (and other stuff). Different strokes, eh.

i used to have a pretty extensive collection of "old pawn", but have given most of it away over the years.

now, i just collect that "other stuff". Woodvils... :)

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
My wedding ring is a simple (cheap) white gold band. I insisted on the white gold at the time because I had just finished reading Stephen R. Donaldson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" trilogy. In the books, the white gold contains the wild magic that destroys peace. So I got that going for me ;) On a side note, I'm no longer allowed to wear it to work as the wife has heard too many stories of guys getting their finger ripped off by wedding rings catching on railroad cars.

Master of Bassets...and not much else.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
My brother does leather work and over Xmas he's bringing his goodies over to my house. I think I'm going to hork some of his tools and try a few things. Getting him to do anything like that for me is like trying to grow hair on a glass of water. It won't be a true horking because whatever I take I'll pay him to replace. I'm thinking something folded over butted together and a baseball stitch to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread