See? :laugh:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Ah but the section of that which says RULES, reads:

Special rules for the September 2013 contest:
1. Each entry must be taken outdoors or be a photo of an outdoor activity.
2. All other General Rules still apply.

The rest might just be a suggestion. :)

Yes, that's how I went. This is a contest for a vendor of vaping goods, and it is housed on a website dedicated to promoting vaping, so the hope was that pictures would, in fact, portray vaping. However I went over all the rules carefully to make sure there was no specific requirement for vaping as I know a few people who do not vape in the presence of their children and I would rather people be able to share pictures of their families having fun together, at least for this contest, than to possibly not enter because they had to show vaping. I didn't specifically say "you don't have to show vaping" because I didn't want the contest to be overrun with pictures that were totally unrelated to vaping at all. Ah well, I usually know better than to leave anything in any way ambiguous...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Okay, first things first. I apologize for seeming to be MIA for the last week or so. I've been logging on and trying to keep up, but things have been very busy in meat life. The new laws for national health care reform are going into effect very soon and as it is actually the individual states that administer Medicare and Medicaid all the application, approval and administration processes have to be radically overhauled to account for the changes, and all the programs and programming has to be adjusted to accommodate the expected explosion in eligible participants. My job (the one that pays our rent) is to monitor the computers that do all the processing (and print out all the letters and reports that get generated), as well as everything to do with unemployment, childcare, child support, voter registration, drivers licenses, etc. As they've been on the last leg of changes and upgrades, things have been very hectic (and all the muckity-mucks above me have been in panic mode). I've been trying to keep the wife and daughter from killing each other as the wife has started painting and the daughter is getting ready to. And as the wife's gastric issues have seemed to relapse a little, I've been handling the school, dinner and bedtime duties for Rhianna. I'm not making excuses for my absence, just letting you know where I've been.

And the August contest drawing just slipped my mind--I haven't even printed out the entries :(

I don't have a printer here at home so I will have to wait until Monday night to print them, but Rhianna has come up with the method for choosing the August winner so I should be able to get that done and posted Tuesday afternoon or evening.

And I'll try to do more than just hit and run reading for a while :)

somejerk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Utah
Yes, that's how I went. This is a contest for a vendor of vaping goods, and it is housed on a website dedicated to promoting vaping, so the hope was that pictures would, in fact, portray vaping. However I went over all the rules carefully to make sure there was no specific requirement for vaping as I know a few people who do not vape in the presence of their children and I would rather people be able to share pictures of their families having fun together, at least for this contest, than to possibly not enter because they had to show vaping. I didn't specifically say "you don't have to show vaping" because I didn't want the contest to be overrun with pictures that were totally unrelated to vaping at all. Ah well, I usually know better than to leave anything in any way ambiguous...

I'll try and post some of both this month. I've been so busy working!
and
congrats to STRIDER!
Thank you to mom and pop and also pwyll for another contest.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Okay, first things first. I apologize for seeming to be MIA for the last week or so. I've been logging on and trying to keep up, but things have been very busy in meat life. The new laws for national health care reform are going into effect very soon and as it is actually the individual states that administer Medicare and Medicaid all the application, approval and administration processes have to be radically overhauled to account for the changes, and all the programs and programming has to be adjusted to accommodate the expected explosion in eligible participants. My job (the one that pays our rent) is to monitor the computers that do all the processing (and print out all the letters and reports that get generated), as well as everything to do with unemployment, childcare, child support, voter registration, drivers licenses, etc. As they've been on the last leg of changes and upgrades, things have been very hectic (and all the muckity-mucks above me have been in panic mode). I've been trying to keep the wife and daughter from killing each other as the wife has started painting and the daughter is getting ready to. And as the wife's gastric issues have seemed to relapse a little, I've been handling the school, dinner and bedtime duties for Rhianna. I'm not making excuses for my absence, just letting you know where I've been.

And the August contest drawing just slipped my mind--I haven't even printed out the entries :(

I don't have a printer here at home so I will have to wait until Monday night to print them, but Rhianna has come up with the method for choosing the August winner so I should be able to get that done and posted Tuesday afternoon or evening.

And I'll try to do more than just hit and run reading for a while :)

Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Receives-2012-Quality-Ship-Management-Award.jpg

Hi pwyll

I'm ready when you are bud
gif-pict-swimming-2.gif
:)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
This month it was Rhianna that came up with the method of picking a winner. Her idea was to juggle all the pictures and whichever was the last one she had would be the winner. I asked her if she knew how to juggle and she said "no, but with that many pictures it can't be too hard."

Congratulations boardopboy for posting the winning picture :) Just let them know the email address associated with you account and the $20 credit will automagiacally appear ;)

***Sorry about the quality. The video came out darker than it looked on screen during recording and YouTube offered to "fix" the brightness. While it made Rhianna easier to see during the first part of the video, it also made the image blurry, shaky and smeared all the motion, turning a dark but decent video into a contrasty and barely-watchable mess. Naturally the "Undo changes and revert to original" button didn't grump.gif At least all the important information is still there :)

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
Just placed my order with my winnings... and then some!

Picked up concentrates of my beloved Honey Tobacco (which I recommend to anyone looking for a good "tobacco" vape that isn't too heavy on the tobacco!) and decided to try two somethings new... Peach (can't go wrong there!) and Deja Vu (really excited to give this one a go based on the description!). And I grabbed some empty bottles. Can never have too many bottles!

Thanks Again... to everyone!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Well, this month's contentious, ambiguous and confusing contest is almost at an end. If you'd like to roll the dice and see if I'll arbitrarily include your entry based on criteria I understand but can't seem to explain, you have two days left :)

Next month's contest will be special, and not just because the rules will be clearly defined.

Also, there may be more than one...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Camping trip was rained out. Torrential rains and thunderstorms tend to put a damper on camping, but the threat of flash floods really make tent camping a non-starter. It's also been pretty wet here, and we've been trying to entertain two girls (one who loves camping and one who still has never been)--and I've been trying to console a woman who "really needed this escape even for just a weekend."

It's supposed to be fairly nice tomorrow, so I'm still hoping to get the video of the drawing done and up in the same time frame, it will just not be in an exotic location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread