Monthly Contest - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Video's finally up! Rhianna got all dressed up for this one, maybe she's shooting for Vanna White's job. Anyway, here's the scoop:

Winning entry here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ly-contest-picture-thread-4.html#post10833391 --Congratulations, Wuzz! Scuba and P0P probably know which account is yours, but you can let them know where to drop the $20 credit just in case ;)

There, boardopboy, there's a new winner now--get crackin' for October; all three of this month's "specific" contests should be right up your alley :D

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I posted this in the Contest thread, so hopefully you will get more entries this time... :unsure:

Thanks! That's one of the places I can't post anymore, or I'd put it up myself occasionally :)

The October drawings are all done, the video is uploading/processing and I'm working on the announcement post now. There are three drawings because the costume contest is a "judging" thing and Rhianna's busy Trick Or Treating (they postponed it here because of the storms yesterday). Don't know when that will be done, up and available, but the three drawings should be posted very shortly...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Okay. A bit of explanation first: Rhianna did the drawings in her Halloween costume. I had her decide what she wanted to be back in March, and she designed her own costume then so we could work on it over time (I was tired of always doing last-minute things and not having them up to anyone's desires/expectations). She decided on "murdered prom queen." She designed and drew out her costume. None of this was my idea or influence (I was actually trying to get her to do a "dark faery"). I helped her with the construction and make-up, but this is her idea and design... Also, preliminary feedback is that while kids are having a wide range of reactions, in the first half hour she's already had one adult say "eew, gross" and one actually walk away from her saying "that's too scary for me."

Her backstory: I'm a girl who was elected prom queen and was real excited about it, but my boyfriend got jealous of the other boys looking at me. I didn't know he was a werewolf, so when we got into an argument he went all wolfie and chased me through the woods and finally caught me and ripped my throat out.

So, if this sounds like something you don't want to watch doing the drawings, just skip the video and read the results posted below the embedded link :)

Congratulations go to:

Show Us Your SCARY Vape Face: Spacekitty's post #147 gets two flavours you've never tried.

Now You See Me--No, You Don't: Spacekitty's post #148 gets two flavours of your choice.

October Free-For-All: Kemosabe's post #141 gets $20 store credit added to your account.

The Costume contest has yet to be judged, but as soon as there's a winner I will post the result and prize here :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Congratulations go to:

Show Us Your SCARY Vape Face: Spacekitty's post #147 gets two flavours you've never tried.

Now You See Me--No, You Don't: Spacekitty's post #148 gets two flavours of your choice.

October Free-For-All: Kemosabe's post #141 gets $20 store credit added to your account.

cooltext1232597767.png~original

to Kemosabe!!

OMG!! Your daughter is such a natural... especially with the improv on my being the only entry for the "Now You See Me..." part, and winning twice, too!!
glowpumpkin.gif~original
(not to mention the great job of pronouncing Kemosabe's name!!)

And as honored that I am to have won 2 Prizes... since I won one of them by default (LOL!!) if it's not too much trouble, I would like to have you draw another name from the "Scarey Vape Face" entries...
15_1_114.gif~original
Thanks!!

And who knows?? I might still have a shot at the Costume Contest...
zombies_thumbs1.gif~original

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
So when exactly does it start!?:I'm excited to give it a go! :)

Did you see the post before yours?? (#150) LOL!!

Just make sure to read the Rules... :D

November Contest

Back to simple again--just a picture of you, vaping. Thanksgiving and/or "Fall" themed photos will be appreciated but are not necessary. General Rules apply.

This month's prize is $20 credit added to your Mom and Pop Vapor Shop account (see General Rule #9 and Note 3: for details).

Rules for November 2013 contest (in addition to the General Rules):

1. You must be in the picture.
  2. You must be vaping.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Then I will announce the redraw/reassignment of the Scary Vape Face prize after we've had a chance for Rhianna to sit down and judge the costume contest (and decide on a prize she wants to award).

:)

Still waiting for the results of this...
ImpaitentlyWaitingTappingFootWatchingClock.gif~original

(and I forgot to send my choices for the other prize... :facepalm: )

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Still waiting for the results of this...
ImpaitentlyWaitingTappingFootWatchingClock.gif~original

(and I forgot to send my choices for the other prize... :facepalm: )

Yep... and yep. There's a guy across town who's been waiting almost two weeks for me to have a chance to stop by and figure out why his computer won't boot (and that's a lot less complicated than wrangling the daughter) :(

Hopefully the round of hospital visits tomorrow will be as short as we expect and I'll be able to nail Rhianna down to finish last month's prize-outs. On the "little comfort" front, though, I've been later than this when all I had to take care of was a single drawing.

I keep telling you people I'm unreliable--it's your own fault if you expect more from me than my junior high counselors did...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I can't figure out how to get a picture to go on here so what does a guy like me do. I am not to savy on how to move pics around so I don't get to be in the running I guess.

There are two ways.

1) Have a picture on photobucket or picasa or one of the picture hosting sites (or on your own site, if you have one). Find the url for that particular picture. Make a post in the Contest thread, click on the little picture of a tree on the menu bar, choose "from url" and copy the picture's url into the text box.

2) Have a picture on your computer. Follow the steps above, but choose "from computer" in the Insert Image dialog box.

Pictures must be JPG/JPEG, PNG or GIF to work with the ECF software, and they really need to be smaller than 48k to work well if you are uploading from your computer.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
New contest is finally open here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ly-contest-picture-thread-4.html#post11521879

Costume contest has not been judged yet grump.gif
Scary Vape Face redraw goes to SaraP*
November winner has not been determined yet stare.gif

I apologize, there's just been an unusually large amount of poopadoodle going on here lately. Whatever--everything's just excuses anyway. As soon as Rhianna's over her stomach bug I'll try to get her to judge the costume contest from October and determine a winner for November.

* I apologize for not announcing this sooner, but I was really expecting to have the costume contest winner announcement some weeks ago and include this info then. Since I'm not able to stick to a schedule/plan for this at the moment I figured I'd stop making everyone wait--that is, if anyone other than spacekitty still remembered she'd donated one of her prizes back into the pool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread