Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

And it looks like I was the only one for the Dec. Contest... :D LOL!!

Congrats to Sara P. on winning the Prize I put back in the pool for the Halloween Contest... ;) it didn't seem fair to take 2 of them when I was the only entry in one of the categories back then, too!!

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
And one of the entries in the still undetermined Costume Contest...

<hangs head in shame>

EDIT: (to everyone, not just sk)

Also, I feel I need to add in a little explanation here, since I said I would be getting back on as soon as we got home. When we got home I discovered we did not have internet access, as it was 3:22 am I couldn't do much about it. As the temperatures fell internet access became less and less a priority, and since our high Monday was 3 internet access would not have been a high priority for the repair crews.

When I came in to work tonight our water pipes had been frozen for approximately 12 hours, the temperature outside was -4 (although with 16 mph wind it felt a lot colder) and the temperature inside the house was about 50 (old house--the 10 foot ceilings, six foot windows and 19th century insulation meant the furnace was working constantly and still slowly losing).

It's supposed to get steadily warmer all week (double digits tomorrow, above freezing Wednesday) so it shouldn't be too long before things are straightened out--but then who knows how long it will be before I actually get caught back up.

Sorry for yet another delay, but I've got to make sure the wife and daughter are taken care of first :)

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Okay. Both the girls are in bed for the evening, I've got the kitchen faucet replaced and working again, and I still don't have the costume contest from October or the photo contest from November resolved. December is easy with there being only only entry and all.

So, the monthly contest. It started out pretty good, and everyone had fun. I tried to make the a little different with the themes and conditions, but that just seemed to cause problems with some people feeling excluded from some contests and/or confusion created by my arbitrary (and sometimes vague) caveats. I did try to generate a more inclusive and inviting atmosphere by dispensing with the additional restrictions, but that didn't seem to help :( Whether it was my ill-conceived plan to make the contests (arguably) more fun to enter that killed them off, or a general slow-down in online participation, or something else I've missed during my hiatus I don't know--but it seems the contests in their current form have lost their appeal. So I am looking for ideas...

Ideally what I would like to see happen is something people will have fun doing that we can just throw a prize on top of--something more like a game. Or maybe a "joke a day" thread. Or would it be better to simply randomly select a thread that was active that month and then pick a post from that thread? Probably something I haven't thought of yet, since my last masterpiece idea slowly fizzled off into nothing...

If you have an idea, or a few ideas, please throw them at me. We really have fun with the contests/games, but they have to actually generate enough interest for people to play and I am evidently not as good at that as I would like to believe I am :)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I have a contest Idea LOL it starts now. I have been printing pics from the Thank you from Afghanistan thread and had a good laugh for myself. The first person to find the solider flipping the bird (lol) Oh these guys are sneaky:D I will send you a Sigelei Telescope mod as a prize or a sixty mil bottle of juice:) :laugh:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I'm sorry folks. I have not been much help around here. I need to change that (hope) I dont feel organic on a computer (all the time):facepalm: but I promise i will not except decomposing :laugh: I will come up with a contest or something. I do love jokes though a good laugh can be worth more then anything else at times. I think its a wonderful Idea:):rickroll: Ok somejerk kick it off and lets roll with it and have some fun my friend:)

Last edited:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have a contest Idea LOL it starts now. I have been printing pics from the Thank you from Afghanistan thread and had a good laugh for myself. The first person to find the solider flipping the bird (lol) Oh these guys are sneaky:D I will send you a Sigelei Telescope mod as a prize or a sixty mil bottle of juice:) :laugh:

312572d1394125885t-thank-you-so-much-afghanistan-20140208_152019.jpg

Is this the one you are referring to?

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
My dad was in town this weekend. He told me a good joke.

A kid was saving up for a bike, so he went around the neighborhood looking for odd jobs. One of his neighbors told the boy that he would give him $25 if the boy painted his porch. The kid agreed.
"The paint is out back, and so is the porch. Just let me know when you get done." said the man.

About an hour later the boy knocked on the door. "I'm finished." said the boy.
"That was really quick. Did you have any trouble?" asked the man.

"No. But it wasn't a Porche, it was a BMW."

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
A family is at the dinner table. The son asks the father, “Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?”
The father, surprised, answers, “Well, son, a woman goes through three phases. In her 20's, a woman’s breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her 30's and 40's, they are like pears, still nice, hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions.” “Onions?” the son asks. “Yes. You see them and they make you cry.”
This infuriated his wife and daughter. The daughter asks, “Mom, how many different kinds of willies are there?”
The mother smiles and says, “Well, dear, a man goes through three phases also. In his 20's, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30's and 40's, it’s like a birch, flexible but reliable. After his 50's, it’s like a Christmas tree.” “A Christmas tree?” the daughter asks. “Yes, dead from the root up and the balls are just for decoration.”

Oh good! keep it clean folks:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread