Monthly Contest - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Or perhaps a $20 gift certificate just doesn't carry the same motivation as $150 cash :laugh:

Perhaps May's contest will have allowances for non picture entries as well, or will not necessarily have to be a picture of yourself. I do know that they won't ever just be "post = entry," there has to be some element of "participation" in order to make them fun rather than just an excuse to give out a gift certificate.

I've been thinkin' on it--only have three and a half days to come up with the next one now...

:p

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yes the prize is fine and well worth entering . . . The only problem with this contest is that I have been racking my brain to come up with something even houmorus - not necessarilly FUNNY - that I could post of myself doing while vaping and nothing comes to mind that I could actually post here on ECF. . . nor could I get permission even at another Manicure/Pedicure place to copy "Lauralie's" (BTW: What gets me most of these places down here all the employees are of Asian decent and know if ecig's too - some of the employees are even using them . . . Oh Wel - I have a few days left - so we'll see . . . If not next month . . .;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
It doesn't have to be funny, or even humourous--just "silly." Try making a face (pretend you're one of the video reviewers trying to exhale on camera). Vape from two PV's at the same time, one in each hand (just don't tell us how you took the picture). Stick the PV in your ear (the nose is a bit overdone).

You're making it too complicated; holding yourself up to your normal standards of quality is just keeping you down in this case ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Okay, I have the theme and provisional rules set up for the May contest--which gives me a bit of time to fine tune them ;) In working them out, though, it did make me realize I probably need to give a bit of a heads-up on how the contest(s) will transition from April to May. The nominal deadline for the April contest is April 30th at 11:59pm EDT. This is a Tuesday, however, and I will be at work. Month end is usually busier than normal, and the end of a Quarter is usually even busier than that.

I will close the contest thread while I gather the eligible entries--the closing of the thread will mark the official end of VAPRIL FOOLS.

If you try to post a picture at 12:27 Eastern, and you can, then it will still count. When I reopen the thread, the rules for the May contest will be posted, the link in the first post will point to them, and the May contest will have officially started. If you post an entry for the April contest after the rules for the May contest have been put up it will be too late (unless it qualifies for the May contest).

TLDR:
The April contest will end 30 April sometime between midnight Eastern and midnight Pacific (4-7am UTC/GMT) when the contest thread is closed/locked.
The May contest will begin at some point on May first when the contest thread is re-opened with the May rules posted.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
You're making it too complicated; holding yourself up to your normal standards of quality is just keeping you down in this case ;)

Actually and in all seriousness - the only quality or standard I am holding it too is mine own and how I think I LOOK . . .:D

I could care less what other people think about how I look . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

The one I really wanted to post was from behind me - while holding an eCig and having vapor come from between "My" Smiling "Cheeks" which is just too difficult to do without someone else helping you to "line up" the shot . . . NOW That would be FUNNY ! ! ! :lol:

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Actually and in all seriousness - the only quality or standard I am holding it too is mine own and how I think I LOOK . . .:D

Yes, I know. And what I am saying is that you're holding yourself to higher standards than those to which you hold other people. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that it's not always necessary :)

I could care less what other people think about how I look . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

As it should be...

The one I really wanted to post was from behind me - while holding an eCig and having vapor come from between "My" Smiling "Cheeks" which is just too difficult to do without someone else helping you to "line up" the shot . . . NOW That would be FUNNY ! ! ! :lol:

See, here's where my history of ......ism* entirely prevents my imagination from working properly--the only thing I can think of from that description would fall outside the realms of good taste and fall solidly in the DMZ between innocent and offensive. Of course that means I would probably laugh my head off since I know you wouldn't actually post what I am thinking :laugh:

* Wow. It seems the ECF's censorbot has something against people from Crete.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
See, here's where my history of ......ism* entirely prevents my imagination from working properly--the only thing I can think of from that description would fall outside the realms of good taste and fall solidly in the DMZ between innocent and offensive.

Oh - IMO - Your mind is working very well . . .

Of course that means I would probably laugh my head off since I know you wouldn't actually post what I am thinking :laugh:

THAT'S IT - That's the one exactly. . . :thumbs:

Okay - NOW take that picture in your minds' eye and use that one as "My" entry, especially since neither one of us wants or needs to be but into the "Sin Bin" nor "Moved On". . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Oh - IMO - Your mind is working very well . . .

THAT'S IT - That's the one exactly. . . :thumbs:

Okay - NOW take that picture in your minds' eye and use that one as "My" entry, especially since neither one of us wants or needs to be but into the "Sin Bin" nor "Moved On". . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Ah, yes, well then. Perhaps it's just as well not to post it. Besides, considering it's going to be a dog picking the winner, that particular image may give an unfair advantage :laugh:

I'm sure you'll have no problem with the May contest, though, even if you don't get something in for April...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
But this is my fave. It may not count, due to no sign of 'actively vaping', but the photo kills me every time. I am holding my e-cig, but look at my son abusing the mailbox!

View attachment 205025

Thanks for the fun contest, I look forward to seeing all the other pictures!

Salky

I'd say that since most of us could recognize the PV in that picture it would qualify as "actively vaping."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread