Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Not sure if it's the ease of using the e-cig or an actual need. Hence the reason I was finding out what you guys were feeling.
I'd suggest two possibilities for your vaping so much. One would be that you're not getting as much nicotine as what you're used to getting from cigarettes. You'd then be going through a bit of a nicotine withdrawal and are compensating by chain vaping. The other possibility is that vaping is just so much more enjoyable (and relatively guilt free) than smoking. FWIW. Possible?

In either case, I have doubts that you've become more chemically addicted. Cigarettes really are a much more efficient delivery system.

ls1chris

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
kentucky
For me i do vape more than when i smoked but i think that has to do with the hobby aspect of Vaping for me.As i am always trying to get the most performance i can from what ever pv i am using.I am constantly changing attys,cartomizers mixing flavors etc.But when i smoked i smoked beacause i enjoyed it it was a relaxant to me and so is vaping.I typically vape at 18-24mg juice but have been diluting my juice latley to about 14-16mg for when i am chain vaping i have actually gone down to 12mg juice also.To me it is not so much the addiction to nic as i can do without for long periods of time with no side effects like i had when smoking and i vape anywhere from 3-6ml a day depending.Around the 3ml mark if i drip that day and more if i use cartomizers.To me it is the hand to mouth addiction not so much the nic as i can go half of nic content of what i normally vape and still be satisfied

tresrottn

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Bothell, WA
We get WAY less nicotine than smoking ciggies. Our clean nic is absorbed in the mouth, and not the lungs like tobacco.
Our bodies also have a built in warning system when it's getting to much, headaches, tummy aches, feeling poopy. I strongly believe now that our bodies are FAR more well equipped to the stop smoking/vape instead process than our thinking brains are. Pay attention to your body, listen to what it's saying to you. It knows what it's doing. The instinct for survival will always attempt to return us to a healthy state if we let it happen.

Chainvaping or powervaping is a perfectly normal part of the process. Pretty much everyone on the forum here has gone through it. You are still detoxing krap that built up over years out of your system (in those early months) and the extra hand to mouth action is coming from the years of the built in habit of smoking to replace that toxic gunk from ciggies.

The brain just thinks "if I do this motion more, the feel good stuff will be replaced" (please bear in mind that feel good stuff was the chemicals used to alter brain chemistry to make ciggies more addictive) Stock up with extra batteries, extra juice, more carts or atties and just ride the wave. Eventually, that subconscious urge runs it's course, the gunk goes away, and the brain repaths itself back to where it was before you started smoking. The power vaping slows down on it's own.

You just realize one day your battery lasted the whole day and not 4 hours :)

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
I was a heavy smoker, so I vape quite a bit. But I also find that I can be satisfies with lower nic mgs. I just like having the ability to still puff and blow smoke....I do like the nicotine, but find I also enjoy flavors...and make my own juice, so I try and use lower nic mgs when making a new fruity flavor...with lots of vapor production.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I believe I agree. I just enjoy vaping. That's the only conclusion I can come to :) When a really stressful situation comes up (being a tech support guy myself, and having to call tech support and get the crappy support that people complain to me about all the time), my e-cig almost doesn't cut it. A cigarette or two usually calmed me down pretty well pretty quickly. Kinda like, the e-cig just maintains, but doesn't do what I need when TSHTF. It just can't give you that calming massive nicotine dump into the blood stream that chain smoking 2 or 3 can do :) :)

Maybe if I carried around one of those emergency hypodermics that you stab into your chest with some 48 mg unflavored liquid.....

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Just grab a bottle of high-nic juice for emergencies :)

I think what I was trying to say is that I think that the e-cig is slower in getting the nicotine into your system by quite a bit. It's not a matter of the nic content. It's that cigs gave an almost instant relief compared to waiting 10-15 minutes-ish for the nicotine to get into your system from the e-cig. :)

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Actually....I'd suggest hitting your pv like a freight train....and holding the vapor in longer....it's like forcing yourself to stop and take a deep breath.....which is very helpful in times of stress (another techie here :) ....I hope you don't have to deal with Toshiba...they make HP look like a dream) I'd also be willing to admit that I used 48mg atomic cinnicide for times like that also....talk about a kick in the pants....(that became unnecessary after a while)

I believe I agree. I just enjoy vaping. That's the only conclusion I can come to :) When a really stressful situation comes up (being a tech support guy myself, and having to call tech support and get the crappy support that people complain to me about all the time), my e-cig almost doesn't cut it. A cigarette or two usually calmed me down pretty well pretty quickly. Kinda like, the e-cig just maintains, but doesn't do what I need when TSHTF. It just can't give you that calming massive nicotine dump into the blood stream that chain smoking 2 or 3 can do :) :)

Maybe if I carried around one of those emergency hypodermics that you stab into your chest with some 48 mg unflavored liquid.....

Last edited:
I believe it's what is in analogs aside from the nicotine that makes them so addictive. I also believe that we are getting much less nicotine from vaping than we do from analogs on a puff-for-puff basis. I suppose if you got up to 36mg this may not be the case but I have tried everything from 24 down to 12mg and this seems to be the case. I also believe that the nicotine is easier for your body to absorb the higher voltage you are vaping . I notice a difference in the amount of nicotine i get from my 3.7v icon versus my 5v passthrough. I am quickly becoming a fan of higher voltage, and am looking at the provari as my next purchase.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I think I could be. I find that I'm using my PV a lot more than I used to smoke. So I'm wondering if I'm now more hooked on this than I was on analogs. Anybody else ever felt this way?

I think I'm hooked like I was on analogs, but I'm enjoying e-cigarettes so much more.

It's a great mix of gadgetry, comfort and flavours mixed with addictive chemicals.

I would never have smoked a flavoured cigarette, but I really enjoy vapes like Creme D'Menthe, Maple Tobacco and Green Tea lol

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
You're not supposed to inhale it!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding! Supposedly we absorb more nic through the oral mucous membranes than the lungs with vaping. But less nic is absorbed than with smoking. That's what I've read anyway.

At least I admitted I inhaled .. but it was only once, at that party when I was too drunk to think what I was doing .. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread