More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
There is no legal vaping age. Vape is not smoke. It is illegal to market e-cigs to minors, as well as sell e-cigs and cigarettes to minors BUT a minor cannot be hauled into jail for smoking or vaping. It is 100% legal for a minor to use an e-cig.

As long as the minor does not purchase e-cigs himself then neither he or the seller is breaking any law. It is only illegal to purchase, not use e-cigs for minors and that goes for smoking too.

The idea of underage vaping is we don't want to encourage nicotine addiction however mild it is with the type of nicotine used in e-cigs, to a new generation of addicts.

If a 15 year old smoker is addicted to nicotine via cigarettes and he switches to e-cigs, then he can use them legally, and post videos about e-cigs legally. There is no law against the use or posting videos of e-cigs for minors. ( only the marketing to and selling of)

The fact that you see more minor e-cig videos may reflect the fact that more legal underage smokers are switching to a less harmful alternative.

This is my understanding of the situation. I think it's great that if they Must smoke they use an e-cig instead. Of course we don't encourage new nicotine addiction But teens WILL smoke and get hooked on cigarettes regardless if e-cigs are there as an alternative or not, so I go with the lesser evil.

You Must Not tell these kids they have to stop making e-cig videos ! Kids are impressionable and you could cause the kid to get mad and go back to smoking which WILL kill them.

Ask them to please not introduce the e-cig to kids that are non smokers instead. Do Nothing else. These kids are Not breaking the law.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I just gotta say imho making minors take down videos or trying to stop them from vaping is ridiculous . I know a lot of you are not going to agree with me but this is my opinion . There is nothing illegal about a minor using a ecig or even a real cig for that matter . Im sure most of us began smoking at a young age .I started smoking when i was 16 . If vaping is helping these minors to quit smoking regular cigs then i am all for it . Buying ecigs or analogs is illegal but can you prove they are buying it . Im sure when i was a minor and wanted to quit smoking my parents would have been glad to buy me a ecig to be able to stop smoking . You should be complimenting them for being mature enough to take a initiative to want to quit smoking analogs . If someone sent me a email telling me to take down a video and stop vaping i would also reply with a nasty comment .The only thing i can see someone trying to get a video taken down for is if a kid is trying to promote non smoking minors to start smoking/vaping because its cool .

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Living in constant fear and surfing the internet to "erase" any misuses of e-cigs is an exercise in futility. If youtube videos cast doubt on our right to vape, then we are on much shakier ground and have greater problems than a few videos.

it seems to me that all our rights are on shaky grounds these days :(

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I just gotta say imho making minors take down videos or trying to stop them from vaping is ridiculous . I know a lot of you are not going to agree with me but this is my opinion . There is nothing illegal about a minor using a ecig or even a real cig for that matter . Im sure most of us began smoking at a young age .I started smoking when i was 16 . If vaping is helping these minors to quit smoking regular cigs then i am all for it . Buying ecigs or analogs is illegal but can you prove they are buying it . Im sure when i was a minor and wanted to quit smoking my parents would have been glad to buy me a ecig to be able to stop smoking . You should be complimenting them for being mature enough to take a initiative to want to quit smoking analogs . If someone sent me a email telling me to take down a video and stop vaping i would also reply with a nasty comment .The only thing i can see someone trying to get a video taken down for is if a kid is trying to promote non smoking minors to start smoking/vaping because its cool .

I don't care if minors vape, and I've never sent them a message telling them to stop vaping.
It's the posting of videos of them doing it on youtube that is the ONLY issue here.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
I flagged it, not as "drug abuse" as was suggested but as "breaking the law" As they are vaping nicotine product and are obviously under age and it is against the law for minors to use nicotine in any form.
It is difficult to be certain they are under age but by their look, and as someone who has both worked in a retail outlet and learned to "card" by certain "tells", and someone who is a mother of four grown children, I am fairly certain they are under age. If it turns out they are of legal age to use nicotine product, then I predict they are BARELY of legal age.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I left a hopefully informative posting. Feel free to add to it and maybe we can get an educational dialog going eventually.

They are not mean devils out to screw us over. They deserve an explanation as to why they are being attacked. They need to be made aware of the consequences of their actions.

Perhaps they are 18.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I flagged it, not as "drug abuse" as was suggested but as "breaking the law" As they are vaping nicotine product and are obviously under age and it is against the law for minors to use nicotine in any form.
It is difficult to be certain they are under age but by their look, and as someone who has both worked in a retail outlet and learned to "card" by certain "tells", and someone who is a mother of four grown children, I am fairly certain they are under age. If it turns out they are of legal age to use nicotine product, then I predict they are BARELY of legal age.
BTW my alternate nick everywhere is Wulfn1.

You actually got that wrong . It is not illegal for a minor to use or have nicotine at all . It is only illegal for them to buy it . I have smoked in front of plenty of cops before when i was a minor and gave cops a light while smoking for that matter lol .Iv even had cops bum a cig from me . I still dont see the point of flagging it or bothering them in any way . You cant even tell if they are minors and they sound mature enough in the vid above as well . He even mentions that it is better than smoking the anologs he used to smoke . I see no problem with posting as many vids like that as they want .I still get carded when buying cigs sometimes and im 27

Last edited:
You actually got that wrong . It is not illegal for a minor to use or have nicotine at all . It is only illegal for them to buy it . I have smoked in front of plenty of cops before when i was a minor and gave cops a light while smoking for that matter lol .Iv even had cops bum a cig from me . I still dont see the point of flagging it or bothering them in any way . You cant even tell if they are minors and they sound mature enough in the vid above as well . He even mentions that it is better than smoking the anologs he used to smoke . I see no problem with posting as many vids like that as they want .I still get carded when buying cigs sometimes and im 27
actually it is illegal to use cigarettes when your underage. its just moreso for the person buying them for you. where I live its a $500 ticket for having tobacco on your person if your under 19.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
last bump for this video. If there are more I will start a new thread.

Didn't you read my post that these kids are Not breaking the law?

Why are you so willing to hurt these kids?

These smoker kids are reaching out to other smoker kids to make a difference.. your actions are going to help ensure that kids keep smoking.

These kids are not breaking the law. You are spreading fear and being an alarmist where the is no cause. These kids are not even breaking the Youtube rules yet by you complaining that they are, Youtube takes down the video and claims these kids are breaking the rules - Youtube wont bother to do real research into the laws on this issue, so they suck up to alarmists like you.

Please stop this now. Your hurting the kids and don't have your facts right.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Didn't you read my post that these kids are Not breaking the law?

Why are you so willing to hurt these kids?

These smoker kids are reaching out to other smoker kids to make a difference.. your actions are going to help ensure that kids keep smoking.

These kids are not breaking the law. You are spreading fear and being an alarmist where the is no cause. These kids are not even breaking the Youtube rules yet by you complaining that they are, Youtube takes down the video and claims these kids are breaking the rules - Youtube wont bother to do real research into the laws on this issue, so they suck up to alarmists like you.

Please stop this now. Your hurting the kids and don't have your facts right.

I fully a wholeheartedly agree . Your just giving these kids the idea to go back to smoking analogs and slowly causing their death . Much better to do that than let them post up a vid thats not hurting anyone including themselves or breaking any laws . . Leave them be . Im proud of them . If you want to go after someone go after the kids posting up videos of hard drug use . Actually even that is their own business

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I fully a wholeheartedly agree . Your just giving these kids the idea to go back to smoking analogs and slowly causing their death . Much better to do that than let them post up a vid thats not hurting anyone including themselves or breaking any laws . . Leave them be . Im proud of them . If you want to go after someone go after the kids posting up videos of hard drug use . Actually even that is their own business

Everyone of these vids is another arrow in the quiver for Government politicians and news reporters to use against us. There are new bans proposed every day and these vids can be used as evidence to advance these bans. Remember not to long ago there was a ban proposed to stop the online sale of e-cig products and make it a face to face transaction only? This law was proposed to make it so minors would not be able to buy this stuff online. Also, the minor's making e-cig videos are also the ones making drug and analog use videos as well. Here's an example:
I'm not going to post a link to an illegal drug use video but you can go to his channel and see all the ones he's put up.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Ok that kid should have his vids taken down just because hes a ignorant little kid doing it just to be cool and telling others to do it too just because its cool and makes a lot of smoke like they seen in a snoop video . I see nothing wrong with the other stuff hes smoking(not hard drugs) however its how hes smoking and promoting it to be cool thats the problem . Over 90% of all kids have smoked it at least once before .Thats just the way the world is . All the other vids i seen are not like that kid however . One thing though is there are millions of vids of ignorant kids like that as thats what kids do these days and was started from all the rap music .Its a different world out there for kids now with social media to show it. Your not gonna stop them from popping up on youtube /facebook because there are too many . Its always gonna be easier for kids to buy cigs or ecigs in a store than it would online where you need a CC . Maybe ecigs should only be sold online . I know when i was a teen i could go to any store in my area and buy a pack of cigs . There may have been two stores out of 100 that turned me down when i was a teen . One thing i couldnt do though is buy cigs online since that required a credit card .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread