Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
long as I can feel the hit the actual look of the vape is unimportant to me, while testing an atty I got recently i noticed the vapor production doesnt seem too overwhelming but the hit is like wow my heads spinning. the device itself will decide the amount of flavor you get, i notice some devices i cant use anymore once i found things that really unleashed the flavor of the juices.
on the days i need the look and feel of a cig i have some nice dry smokey juice that produced clouds of vapor and feels just like im smoking for real.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For myself, I like flavor over vapor. Don't get me wrong, I do like vapor but it is not what is the most important to me. :)
:thumb: This.

My preference is for a cooler vape. Flavor > Vapor production > Throat hit, in that order. Voltage accuracy > Overall power (high wattage for wattage's sake).

I prefer vaping my fruit flavors in the lower voltage range (3.4v - 3.7v), yet still have the option to vape my coffee flavors in a higher range (4.0v - 5.0v), depending upon the individual juice.

Last edited:

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
As someone that just got off the smokes, I would say vapour is more important at this time as I know my taste buds are still returning along with my sense of smell. My guess is that once you become less attached to the smoking replacement aspect of vaping, your preference will change towards less vapour requirements and more towards the flavour aspect.

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
As an old hookah enthusiast, it's both vapor and flavor. I don't care about TH, makes no sense to me, so I use more VG than pg liquids. A proper set up hookah with the right shisha will give thick milky voluminous clouds. I didn't get anywhere near that from an e-rig. But when I moved from attys to cartos to ce2s to vivi novas, it was getting closer and closer. it wasn't until I started using genny tanks, did it come close to my hookahs. The SS 500 wick and thick 28g kanthal coil is a perfect combination along with a high VG liquid. From cheap chinese knock off gennys to my beloved AC9, I'm getting the best of both worlds; so good that I have started lowering my nic levels becaus they hit so awesome. My other tanks and novas are collecting dust and all my attys and ce2s have been given away because they are a waste of my money and time.

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
Regardless of the flavor, if the vapor isn't there the juice isn't for me. I need a lot of vapor or I am not satisfied. That said, I do like some flavor but not overwhelming. For me the lighter flavors make a better all day vape. I do have quite a bit of strong flavor juice but these I constantly rotate so I don't get sick of it in a short period of time.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Regardless of the flavor, if the vapor isn't there the juice isn't for me. I need a lot of vapor or I am not satisfied. That said, I do like some flavor but not overwhelming. For me the lighter flavors make a better all day vape. I do have quite a bit of strong flavor juice but these I constantly rotate so I don't get sick of it in a short period of time.

Well said!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I like both vapor and flavor. I get it with my set up, too! I mostly vape at 3.4 to 3.7 volts using 2 to 2.5 ohm. DIY menthol with 85 PG 15 VG...and I get MASSES of vapor. So much so that most times I cloud things up so much I can't see my laptop screen...or the TV, or the book I'm trying to read when I exhale. I NEVER got that much smoke when I smoked cigarettes!! Ever! Flavor...I make a very fine menthol, thank you. Would blow the tops off the heads of many people, I imagine, but my hubby assures me (he's a non menthol guy) that it tastes good to him, too. Being this happy feels foreign to me! lol! But I like it!

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
How can anyone answer this... the answer is both! ;)

With a proper set up you should be able to get both easily. In fact, the vapor 'is' the liquid being vaporized which includes your flavor so a good set up will give you both and increase both at the same time. If I absolutely had to pick one... I cant! I just cant. I don't want a big plume of flavorless vape and if I wanna taste something and not vape it, I"ll drink koolaid ;)

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
I have a light juice (70/30/12) in one tank that I vape quite a bit and do big big hits with for the vapor effect.

Another tank has a stronger juice (50/50/24) to give me a massive TH and nicotine kick. I hit that with my coffee in the morning, but it isn't my all day vape. I get less vapor with it, but it's so strong I don't hit it as hard.

The ratios given are PG / VG and nic content in mg/ml respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread