More VG = Sore throat?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Landhew, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Landhew

Landhew Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm vaping the most VG I have so far, and I have a wicked sore throat. The juice is 50/50. Coincidence or can VG make your throat hurt?

2. JustaGuy

JustaGuy Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's usually other way around, PG gives sore throat. PG made me cough so I bumped up the VG. VG is thick and leaves a feeling like there's a coat of grease in the mouth/throat, but that doesn't make me cough. Vaping a lot, like I do (6ml a day of low nic) DOES dry you out and that could mess with your throat, mouth, glands. It's cliche but...lots of water! :)

3. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Have you had the same juice with a different PG/VG ratio? There are numerous factors that can irritate your throat, including nicotine content and purity, flavorings (and flavoring quality), PG, additives, alcohol, etc. Each vendor and each flavor can use different ingredients.

4. jj2

jj2 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I use mainly VG---can only take SMALL amounts of PG.

On a heavy vaping day, with VG, the throat will get scratchy. I sip on a drink constantly.
    Some flavors make it worse: Cinnamon for example. Hard candy or throat lozenges help if it gets real bad.

5. Landhew

I'm beginning to wonder if it's just FSUSA's stuff that my throat doesn't like. When I had some samples of their 24mg nic juices, I just thought the nic content was too high for me. I ordered some 12mg and 6mg stuff from them, but my throat is scratchy again.

The 50/50 stuff I thought was making it hurt is from Vapor Bomb, 12mg.

I hope it isn't FSUSA because they have 3 of my favorite flavors!

6. jj2

jj2 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I got some stuff from there. First purchase wasn't bad. The second not-so-good. I'm using a little bit at time in some DIY stuff.

7. M_FactorX19

M_FactorX19 Super Member ECF Veteran

i also usually find it the other way around. when i first started vaping i was using all PG or really close to it. now i order my juice with more VG. normally not more than 40% though. my wife also had the same issue but probably worse than me and now uses a higher % of VG in all her juices as well. she would probably vape all VG or close to it if she didnt use tanks. ive been trying to switch her over to cartos for this reason.

8. Kirwin

Kirwin Senior Member ECF Veteran

I use Johnson Creek's Red Oak line of smoke juice, which is 100% VG. No problems here.

9. JustaGuy

JustaGuy Vaping Master ECF Veteran

FSUSA...got samples from them, PureCig, Wyatt Earp, Outlaw, Rider & Maxboro, all tobacco flavors. With exception of Maxboro, ALL pepper juice! They made me cough. Nice folks, but I won't touch the juice.

JC's Red Oak is nice, remarkably thin juice for VG, but sweet. No coughing. Their JC Original PG did scratch my throat.

10. Landhew

I've come to the conclusion that it is something in FSUSA's juice that is killing my throat. This sucks. I love 3 of their juices and I only have 6 juices that I like.

11. Steam_punk

Steam_punk Full Member

I don't have a problem with VG, but do with PG. Makes me break out like a teenage nerd! Some flavorings do cause an irritation of the throat (mine, anyway). S:)cks that a flavor you like is causing problems. Try a different vendors VG juice and see what happens

12. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It can. Glycerin tends to absorb water, so if your throat is coated with it, it will tend to dry out the lining and then it can become inflamed.

Not long after I started vaping heavily I developed the Sore Throat from Hell, worst I've ever had. Thank goodness it didn't last long and didn't happen again.

13. Vapenstein

Vapenstein Ultra Member ECF Veteran

All FSUSA juice is made using FlavourArt flavorings, which they are a distributor for. Buy some FA flavorings and mix your own, and if this still happens it's something in the flavorings that is irritating your throat. It's possible.

If not, then you can simply pick one from the legion of vendors that use FA flavorings and find a juice that is a dead ringer for a FSUSA flavor you like and hopefully not have this problem. Ditto on mixing up your own using the FA flavorings. Good luck.

14. vapbear

vapbear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It might not be the VG but some of the flavorings they use in their juice. I've found that as much as I love them most vendor's vanilla flavors make my throat itch and hurt and alot of the Tasty Vapor flavors were doing the same. Certain flavors from the same vendor with the same PG/VG ratio won't bother me while others will. You may want to try different types of flavors or the same flavors from other vendors and see if that makes a difference. Just my:2c: At least you can try new flavors on your brand new raspberry roughstack:D

15. Landhew

How do I find out which vendors use FlavorArt flavoring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.