More weirdness by ANTZ on ecf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I think the game they think they are playing is informing vapers of the science of products and/or science of 'typical' use and how it could be harmful unless it is subjected to ongoing rigorous research. I think they understand it will likely be harmful (by their standards) regardless of how research is done, and thus guaranteeing they have a (well paying) job by making note of the adverse effects that come from vaping.

I think the game they are actually playing is to have a seat at the table (where anyone that is concerned about vaping/vapers) so their brand of 'science' can have input. That input amounts to constant stream of fear mongering claims to ensure they have a job that continuously highlights trumped up concerns and contributes to the general goals of the anti-vaping position, or what ANTZ are up to daily.

Reactions: skoony

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I do wonder if the spelling errors in the OP post and thread title is intentional in the other thread or reflective of the subpar word skills of that individual.

I think it is intentional and actually intended as an insult to members of the forum as if that is what we are most likely to accept as "one of our own."

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I do wonder if the spelling errors in the OP post and thread title is intentional in the other thread or reflective of the subpar word skills of that individual.

I think it is intentional and actually intended as an insult to members of the forum as if that is what we are most likely to accept as "one of our own."

They're not smart enough for that level of OPSEC - if they were, they wouldn't be so obvious to ECF admins either.

This is just some scrub who got into the subpar research facility trying to churn out a paper for a grant - possibly a foreign student, and clearly based on @SmokeyJoe 's mention of the (lack of) ethics review, not very well guided in proper protocol, etiquette, etc.

We need a vaping version of https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/ just for ECF trolls ..

-Mags

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
hmmm Perhaps we should make it a running joke to mention bizarre and rare diseases and symptoms, thereby rendering their "research" even more worthless than it already is.

I call alien hand syndrome

One hand is typing, the other just backhanded the hell out of me. Seriously, I think I have a black eye. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
hmmm Perhaps we should make it a running joke to mention bizarre and rare diseases and symptoms, thereby rendering their "research" even more worthless than it already is.

One hand is typing, the other just backhanded the hell out of me. Seriously, I think I have a black eye. :)

mustbvaping.jpg

Teehee. :D

My toe hurts... must be vaping.
I have a pimple on my ....... must be vaping.
My car won't start... must be vaping.
My dog ran away from home... must be vaping.
My hair's falling out... must be vaping.

:lol:
Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

123776276.sEWWM3V3.awfulfunny.gif

thousand 'likes'....

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
View attachment 495207

Teehee. :D

My toe hurts... must be vaping.
I have a pimple on my ....... must be vaping.
My car won't start... must be vaping.
My dog ran away from home... must be vaping.
My hair's falling out... must be vaping.

:lol:
Andria
Hey!!! That's my job!!!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
My car won't start... must be vaping.:lol:
Andria

We roll our eyes at this, but it really happens ...

Talk to any mechanic or auto repair shop owner, they will tell you stories of customers, men and women, who go in for a tuneup, have a dead battery a month later, and then return to the shop claiming that the repairs somehow caused this, and demanding compensation ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: catlady60

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
We roll our eyes at this, but it really happens ...

Talk to any mechanic or auto repair shop owner, they will tell you stories of customers, men and women, who go in for a tuneup, have a dead battery a month later, and then return to the shop claiming that the repairs somehow caused this, and demanding compensation ... :rolleyes:

It's due to the inevitable human need to find a reason for everything -- our minds rebel at randomity. The thing is, when quitting smoking/starting vaping, the "reason" usually has more to do with the quitting-smoking than the starting-vaping -- but somehow we imagine that quitting smoking will INSTANTLY put us into a state of perfect health... probably because of all that ANTZ insistence on smoking being the #1 evil that humanity faces. When it turns out that we actually have to recover from smoking, and that it might take a while, we instantly assume that whatever problem we have MUST be due to the vaping. :facepalm:

I've read so many posts here from those who've been smoke-free for less than a week, and can't figure out why a) they can't taste anything, b) they have pimples/cold sores, a nagging cough/cough-up problem, an upset stomach, fatigue/lethargy -- it just COULDN'T be the less than a week free of DECADES of inhaling poison and the brain rebelling against because it was ACCUSTOMED to all that poison, it MUST be the vaping! :D

Andria

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

Seriously, a couple of days ago I was wondering if I was imagining an uptick of new users posting things along the lines of "Been vaping 2 weeks and my left elbow hurts..."
Perhaps I wasn't imagining it, just UCR seeding their data.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Seriously, a couple of days ago I was wondering if I was imagining an uptick of new users posting things along the lines of "Been vaping 2 weeks and my left elbow hurts..."
Perhaps I wasn't imagining it, just UCR seeding their data.

Yeah, last summer, I should have claimed that my ruptured appendix was because of vaping. :lol:

Andria

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Randomness or chaos are the terms used by lesser spirits to denote order whose magnitude of complexity is beyond their grasp.

That's what I told my SO when she was commenting about the way my desk is 'organized'

Good thing I still have some hair left on my head - it hides the bruises quite nicely ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My wife has an ovarian cyst which we just found out about yesterday.
She doesn't smoke or vape, but she does inhale some of my vapor now and then.

Coincidence?
:facepalm:

Heh... I've had one of those since I was about 22. Doesn't do me any harm, barring the occasional fainting spell. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread