Most efficient way to wick a dual coil RDA setup? (Youde IGO-W6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrus

Sep 30, 2014
Hylian Overworld
I am wondering what the veterans here would think is the best way to wick a dual coil set up Youde IGO-W6. And by best I mean, balancing the amount of wick used, with its ability to not only wick the juice fast enough, but also to wick so well that it vapes MORE of the juice before getting a semi dry hit. (ie. the whiter/drier the wick looks while still maintaining a non-dry hit.) Here is the build that I am trying to achieve this with.

Youde UDT-V19: Efest 3.7v 18650

Youde IGO-W6: Dual coil: 24g A-1 kanthal 6ish wraps.

Set up on opposing lower posts. With the airflow ring removed utilizing all 4 airholes.

.27 ohms, 15.5 amps, 65 watts on a fresh battery. Currently wicked quite lightly. Flows well and efficiently to the coil but I want to know if there is a better way to use all of the space on the deck while retaining a fast and efficient wick. I currently have the wick through the coils looped over the top of the high posts going down onto the area where my other 2 coils would be. In an upside-down "U" figure. I put enough through both coils to feel the tiniest bit of resistance when pulling the wick through.

If I need to post pictures or my heat flux I will as well as any other information needed to assist me. This is my second IGO-W6 I have purchased and have almost a full year of daily experience with it and I am still not 100% confident I am wicking the best I could be on this atomizer.

Thanks for the help!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
In addition to what Sate O said Use Organic Japanese Cotton. Best wicking material I have found to date and I've tried everything from Ceramic, SS mesh, Rayon plain cotton etc. Except for Hemp rope and SS rope. Best longest lasting wick to date. IMHO. Oh another Option if you have the mode to support it is Higher resistance bigger diameter coils. I prefer Vertical quad coils as big in diameter as the mod will allow as much as 3.2mm IMO. Oh here is a good calculator. Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread