Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I feel I have spent too much money, particularly one piece of gear which was expensive. I shouldn't have got it, caught up in the hype etc...
Make me feel better by telling me the most expensive gear you have bought... whether you're proud of it or not is a different matter.

Thanks

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Most valuable piece I own REO Woodville but it was a gift.

I spent a ton of money on my other 2 REOs (around $160 each) and my 3 Provaris which are in the same ballpark.

I regret none of it. All of those devices are made to last many MANY years.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
3+ years ago, I spent $175 on a used ProVari and over $500 on 2 new ProVaris ... still use them daily.

regretnothing.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Around $150 US each for a Provari Radius and P3, a brass Nemesis mech, a GP Paps X Lux and a REO Grand LP with some extra parts.

I slightly regret paying so much for the Nautilus and the GP as they went 50% off within 6 months but hindsight is 20/20 and they are both amazing mods that get lots of use.

I've never spent more than $100 on a tank though!

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
HexOhm V3 at full retail which I rarely pay. I can generally wait for price drops but I was at a vape convention and most of the booths used Hex Ohm's and by the end of the day I was in love and hit CRaving Vaper up on the way out.

Zero regrets and its by far the best mod I've owned and I've had most of them.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Right thanks. Keep going, it makes me feel a little better.
It's the £200 mech mod that is annoying me.
The only + point is I've had it for 8 months so it works out about £6 a week atm.

The most I have ever spent on 1 mod was £110 and that was for my vt200. Although I don't necessarily regret it, this was at a time when I was naive about clone mech mods. Nowadays I'd sooner buy a bunch of clones than blow all that on a single mod.

I'm not too naive when it comes to mechs so I buy normal ones for £100 and I'm glad I've purchased every one.
It's just this one. I had extra money, got caught up in crazy shinyitis, thought why not...
But ever since it came I've found things that I'd much rather have two of.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Wanna see my collection of Kir Fanis carto-tanks? They're really lovely - and I swear, they vaped better than other carto-tanks.

I never really loved my F-5 war, release day, first-run, tighter-draw and longer drip-tip Chalice III. I would have preferred the second run with a slightly bigger hole and shorter drip tip. And least I did get a little money back when I sold that one.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The only + point is I've had it for 8 months so it works out about £6 a week atm.

I'm not too naive when it comes to mechs so I buy normal ones for £100 and I'm glad I've purchased every one.
It's just this one. I had extra money, got caught up in crazy shinyitis, thought why not...
do you like that mod? If so, it was a good purchase.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
do you like that mod? If so, it was a good purchase.

Hmmmmmm....
Kinda, but that doesn't work when you spent so much.
Ive found my favourite mod which is half of that and worth every penny. Makes me feel a bit :cry: when I pull this one out.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

£200 on a mech is a lot and I doubt I'd ever spend that much, but never say never. The only thing I won't ever do is buy more than 1 of the same thing. With the world of options out there i'd sooner try something new.

As long as you are happy with it buddy, you should be guilt free. Worst comes to worst, I will lob ya a tenner for whatever it is :D

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hmmmmmm....
Kinda, but that doesn't work when you spent so much.
Ive found my favourite mod which is half of that and worth every penny. Makes me feel a bit :cry: when I pull this one out.
Hahahaha...I totally get it. I've had some really expensive mods. I went through a little Stab wood phase (don't like em at all) I went through a "no one else can get one" phase.....as far as regulated goes, my favorite mod is a VapeDroid C1D2. Not "cheap" but it costs a fraction of what I use to think was good and it's a fantastic mod. I use a lot of squonkers. Some are 400-500 bucks. I don't regret buying a single one of them because they're fantastic. As are my REOs. Train mentioned the Chalice lll. I gotta agree, hated that thing.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hahahaha...I totally get it. I've had some really expensive mods. I went through a little Stab wood phase (don't like em at all) I went through a "no one else can get one" phase.....as far as regulated goes, my favorite mod is a VapeDroid C1D2. Not "cheap" but it costs a fraction of what I use to think was good and it's a fantastic mod. I use a lot of squonkers. Some are 400-500 bucks. I don't regret buying a single one of them because they're fantastic. As are my REOs. Train mentioned the Chalice lll. I gotta agree, hated that thing.

When you say "had", what did you do, sell them on the classifieds?

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread