Most expensive vape gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Hypothetically speaking ..... I'm still waiting for my mod!

meserati.jpg

If you want a funny read:
    Maserati? HeliX? Precious L?

Check out post #7
    "an ecig that I have to hook up to my PC and program"

Last edited:

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2014
    Manila, Philippines
    All I'm saying is what I have experienced and this is what I have purchased. First Chinese mod I bought was a origen mech clone, it was so bad I couldn't use it and it was very dangerous because the bottom stuck nearly every time. Few rta's that 2 of them were doa, besides that they were machined as if someone did it blindfolded, unbelievably bad and in the end all were unusable. Ubertoot clone, inside parts starting to rust. Now I know these aren't clones but they are Chinese cheap stuff that I hear people raving all the time, eleaf products, my wife uses them (no more ) she had the it stick 20, 30, and 40 and most recently the pico and the pico just broke and 2 of the others, the screws on the outside keep loosing, no matter how tight I make them, point is they are just cheap devices that cannot compare to my hi end mods, period. You can sit there and tell me anything you want, but it won't matter because this happened to me and there is no denying it. I don't know why everyone seems to believe that there is no difference in cheap Chinese gear vs hi end gear, vape gear is no different to anything else in the world, you get what you pay for. Your telling me that only applies to things other then vaping? Really? I see it in tools, scuba gear, furniture and on and on but for some reason it doesn't apply to vape gear... you guys truly are funny

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Could your rust issues have something to do with the sea? Looking at your username I assume that you are a diver. I dive too. I'm not trying to disagree with your opinions about clones. I myself, am a pro authentic kind of vaper but my issues with clone are more on the side of intellectual property rights or stealing designs. I can't give an opinion about quality of clones because I never owned one. I do own some chinese authentics. Some of them last and some don't.

Side note, I will never buy cheap scuba gear, regardless of it's origin.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    C'mon guys if we all pull together we can surely think of a scenario when an American car can actually turn.

Don't hit me with that 'gradual bend' rubbish.

I'm gonna stop taking the Micky though. I'm outnumbered.
    If you want to believe your cars can race. Fair enough.

Lol
    None of the cars I listed ever raced NASCAR.
    You need to brush up on your racing history.
    Besides...
    The best thing that ever happened to a british car was when a texas cowboy shoved a side oiler 427ci Ford v8 into a Bristol body.

43b4c2126f400d7db9fd264b250f87cb.jpg

:p

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Could your rust issues have something to do with the sea? Looking at your username I assume that you are a diver. I dive too. I'm not trying to disagree with your opinions about clones. I myself, am a pro authentic kind of vaper but my issues with clone are more on the side of intellectual property rights or stealing designs. I can't give an opinion about quality of clones because I never owned one. I do own some chinese authentics. Some of them last and some don't.

Side note, I will never buy cheap scuba gear, regardless of it's origin.
    Hey buddy diver! No its my wife's and although she also dives, we never brought it on a dive nor do we live near the sea. It's just from a certain tank she has that does condensate some and that tank had leaked a couple times. I guess I didn't wipe it good enough and the juice collected against those threads (pico has a different type battery cap that others don't really have) and because she uses the usb to charge, I guess that little bit of juice stayed under the cap and rusted the threads and as I unscrewed the cap, one of the threads just popped off

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: thetrucker

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Lol
    None of the cars I listed ever raced NASCAR.
    You need to brush up on your racing history.
    Besides...
    The best thing that ever happened to a british car was when a texas cowboy shoved a side oiler 427ci Ford v8 into a Bristol body.

View attachment 644771

:p

Lol. i wondered how long it would take for google to let you know what's up. ;)

Also, wasn't you a car engineer/machinist/mechanic, something like that?
    I must give you huge props for managing to manufacture wheels on axles that are only capable of straight lines or maybe a gradual bend to the left.
    Congrats :thumbs:

Hehe
    Its all in good fun.
    We get bored talking non stop about builds and brass mods and get side tracked easily.

^^^ this.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    @cats5365

I'm fine with whatever. I started off asking about expenses but if numerous people need to know how most things British are better than most other countries anywhere then....
    I guess...

I'm your huckleberry! :lol:
    Thanks @Bad Ninja :pop:

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    @cats5365

I'm fine with whatever. I started off asking about expenses but if numerous people need to know how most things British are better than most other countries anywhere then....
    I guess...

Jus' funnin' wif ya Z. Honestly, I think your gold mod is one of the nicest looking ones I've ever seen, and is a work of art (worth lots of money) as well as a good mod (yes, you can get them for cheap, but see the part about works of art).

The Brits do have some good candy. Creme de Vape got me hooked on those Walker's Toffee's and I'm hoping that I can continue to enjoy them without pulling any dental work out.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Lol. i wondered how long it would take for google to let you know what's up. ;)

Also, wasn't you a car engineer/machinist/mechanic, something like that?
    I must give you huge props for managing to manufacture wheels on axles that are only capable of straight lines or maybe a gradual bend to the left.
    Congrats :thumbs:

^^^ this.

Lol.
    Paper wrapped wire, wooden car frames..... No wonder British cars are so slow.
    We used to call Jaguars "quagmires" because of the horrible design.
    The fuel caps leak and funnel rain into the tanks. :facepalm:
    How do ya make a Jaguar run?

Jagsthatrun.com

V8 conversion manuals, parts for V8 S10, Datzun Z, Jaguar, Chevy TPI & TBI, Colorado, Astro Van V8, Volvo 200 & 700

This company has been in business for over 25 years.
    They put Chevy V8s/harnesses in jags and finally make them dependable driver that will smoke a camaro.
    Jag didnt become a reliable car until Ford bought them.
    ;)

Aston is the only British car I would own....because it has an outstanding warranty and roadside assistance package, thay every owner will definitely need.

17nfm3ls43px4jpg.jpg

And to stay on topic.....

Heres a mod.
    20160417_192717-1.jpg

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    IMG_0363.JPG

One for you too then. In fact, I'm surprised neither are British.

Jus' funnin' wif ya Z. Honestly, I think your gold mod is one of the nicest looking ones I've ever seen, and is a work of art (worth lots of money) as well as a good mod (yes, you can get them for cheap, but see the part about works of art).

The Brits do have some good candy. Creme de Vape got me hooked on those Walker's Toffee's and I'm hoping that I can continue to enjoy them without pulling any dental work out.

Thank you very much. :thumbs:
    Some of the gold plating is dulling at the base now but I don't mind. I've replaced the switch and top cap with Paps V4 gear, (see photo) cos that switch and top cap is the best. Ever.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    @cats5365

I guess...

Funny, I'm wondering how many times I've posted a pic of this mod over the years.

Made in Merry ole England.
    P1000863_zpsc9hvseko.jpg

But that still doesn't change the fact that it takes 5 hours to change the plugs in an air conditioned XJ6.;)

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Yeah but good things come to those who wait ;)

Not if you're the one trying to earn a living replacing them.

I would have much rather sold $500 worth of parts in that 5 hours instead of just $20 worth of plugs.
    It takes both parts & labor sales to keep a shop open.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Six seems to work well for me.

Six watts for my vape
    Six packs of Coors
    Six pack on my Mopar big block
    Six speed freewheel on my bike

They all get me to my destination just fine.
    If I want to get there fast, there's the Mopar.
    If steering is important, I take the bike. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread