Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Think I know about that one! :w00t:

Been known to spend more for a set of side plates than any of those mods cost!

like these
so6eell_zoom005.jpg

My dad built this rifle in 1946, (I've since passed it on to my grandson).
I have no idea what he paid for that piece of wood, but even as a 5 year old I appreciated the amount of time he spent working on it.
1946 mod 70 (transition) 30 Belted Newton (30-338)

5336newton_zps5503ea4b.jpg
Sweet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

like these
so6eell_zoom005.jpg

I have no idea what he paid for that piece of wood, but even as a 5 year old I appreciated the amount of time he spent working on it.
1946 Mod 70 (transition) 30 Belted Newton (30-338)

That Beretta is beautiful. They've always done impeccable work.

I'm more impressed by the work your father did. That must have taken some serious time, along with considerable talent. That you can pass it on to his grandson just adds to the value of all that skill your father put into it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

like these
so6eell_zoom005.jpg

1946 Mod 70 (transition) 30 Belted Newton (30-338)

I love the older stuff.

Browning A5 16 gauge semi automatic.
Circa 1929 sporting a very old custom made ghost ring rear sight.

And a Mod to stay on topic.
20170330_152222-1.jpg

I can relate to spending money to get exactly what you want.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
That Beretta is beautiful. They've always done impeccable work.

I'm more impressed by the work your father did. That must have taken some serious time, along with considerable talent. That you can pass it on to his grandson just adds to the value of all that skill your father put into it.

A gorgeous piece of work. I'd be more interested in the mod he could make though ;)

Okay, so this threads hit on;
Women (a bit)
Cars (a lot)
Boats
Guns (nice pictures but not my forte)
British & Americans
Beer (slightly)

And last but not least...
Expensive mods!

Great to see these pics and prices of these fancy mods, do make things seem reasonable now.
I couldn't afford to buy one anyway :(

@Kprthevapr
Go on, buy one (just one). You can afford it after your clones and you can flaunt it in Bad Ninjas face. ;)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
A gorgeous piece of work. I'd be more interested in the mod he could make though ;)

Women (a bit)
Cars (a lot)
Boats
British & Americans
Beer (slightly)

Expensive mods!

Great to see these pics and prices of these fancy mods, do make things seem reasonable now.
I couldn't afford to buy one anyway :(

@Kprthevapr
Go on, buy one (just one). You can afford it after your clones and you can flaunt it in Bad Ninjas face. ;)

Lol we have authentics too.
Just not crazy expensive ones.

I didn't start vaping to redistribute all my cigarette cash to a modder, saving money was a factor too.
Smoking was an incredibly expensive habit.
Now that I'm a healthier, happier, slightly wealthier vaper, I enjoy both vaping how I like, as well as spending on some other tools and toys to tinker with.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Those are all beautiful mods!
Being the Clone Queen, I just can't make myself spend that kinda money ;)
That being said, most of these mods cost more than my next two gun purchases. Next up on my gun list is, S&W Model 60 .357 and 30 days later I'm gonna pick up a H&K P2000 9mm.
Still a LOT cheaper than smoking for me. Shrug...

Tapatyped

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Still a LOT cheaper than smoking for me. Shrug...

Tapatyped

One day I'll find that gotta have it mod and cost won't be an issue. I just haven't found "That" mod yet :)

I agree on da not smoking :toast:
I just remembered... I found "That" mod a few years ago, I honestly wanted it...until...I saw the price :shock:
Otto Carter does some sick work but damn o_O
The only way I'll get one of them....
tumblr_inline_ml41a0h3PJ1qz4rgp.gif

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I'm over Mods like this now really.
I have some clones as well I find them just as good seeing there are just pipes no differents really in. Voltage drop and and have been just as reliable and durable as my real ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Women (a bit)
Cars (a lot)
Boats
British & Americans
Beer (slightly)

Expensive mods!

Good list. Looks like we need to talk about women a little more.:D

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
This should make you feel better OP, although it was a big loss at least the money went to a good person and not a Chinese factory somewhere.

Back in 2012-early 2013 I bought an authentic Caravela, they were HOT back then and VERY hard to get. Total order amount after shipping nearly 800 dollars, got my mod and 4 days later on an Amtrak train back from DC in a rush to leave the train... I accidentally leave the mod behind. It was only 4 days old, went back to lost and found nobody to this day has seen it. At least the money went to Pedro which is a great guy but that stung pretty hard.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
This should make you feel better OP, although it was a big loss at least the money went to a good person and not a Chinese factory somewhere.

Back in 2012-early 2013 I bought an authentic Caravela, they were HOT back then and VERY hard to get. Total order amount after shipping nearly 800 dollars, got my mod and 4 days later on an Amtrak train back from DC in a rush to leave the train... I accidentally leave the mod behind. It was only 4 days old, went back to lost and found nobody to this day has seen it. At least the money went to Pedro which is a great guy but that stung pretty hard.

Ouch man!!!
Yeah, that beats anything I've seen on here.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've found the mod I've been looking for, now it's about convincing the...pants wearer...why I need another mod lol. She's convinced I'm insane, right after she took the stabwood Adonis because it was pretty o_O lol

Ah, come on, what is it this time? It's gonna be tough to top that Philippine case on your Therion. :rolleyes:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This should make you feel better OP, although it was a big loss at least the money went to a good person and not a Chinese factory somewhere..

:facepalm:

You know.... There are some good people who work in Chinese factories too.

They wont charge you $800 for a threaded metal tube.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've found the mod I've been looking for, now it's about convincing the...pants wearer...why I need another mod lol. She's convinced I'm insane, right after she took the stabwood Adonis because it was pretty o_O lol
We will be expecting a picture of you holding this mod in the next few days. Otherwise, PM me...I'll get you the address for the Man Card reclamation facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread