Not open for further replies.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Mt most expensive vape purchase was my first:
kit%2000-480-0.jpg

I paid $120 for this! Yea - they go for like $10 now.
Still the best purchase I ever made - that kit got me off cigarettes for good - 4 years now.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Mt most expensive vape purchase was my first:
kit%2000-480-0.jpg

I paid $120 for this! Yea - they go for like $10 now.
Still the best purchase I ever made - that kit got me off cigarettes for good - 4 years now.
Best investment!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I feel I have spent too much money, particularly one piece of gear which was expensive. I shouldn't have got it, caught up in the hype etc...
Make me feel better by telling me the most expensive gear you have bought... whether you're proud of it or not is a different matter.

Thanks
$16,900... that's the money I would have spent on ciggies if I hadn't found vaping... makes whatever I have spent on durable vape gear look rather irrelevant in comparison...anyone wonder why they are out to get us???

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
P.S. the money is spent, it's water over the dam now, if it upsets you, what I have found works for me in such a situation, is to sell it, or give it away to someone else who might appreciate it for whatever it is. No sense in letting an innanimate object have any influence over your emotional state in any way, shape, or form...once it's gone from your possesion, it will no longer have any power to affect you.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I feel I have spent too much money, particularly one piece of gear which was expensive. I shouldn't have got it, caught up in the hype etc...
Make me feel better by telling me the most expensive gear you have bought... whether you're proud of it or not is a different matter.

Thanks
I think the most expensive piece I ever bought was either a Procyon or a P3. I was an early purchaser for both of those.

On a related note, if it makes you feel better, the last time I added up what I've spent on gear (mechs, mods, atomizers, drip tips, coil, wick, wire, tools, caddies, racks, and stands) I was somewhere around the $5000 mark. And that was a few years ago... o_O

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
@ENAUD
I suppose it will get easier when I stop buying things and let the savings make their mark. One day ;)
I've posted this before. I smoked for thirty years and spent somewhere north of $30,000 on cigarettes and had nothing to show for it but yellowed fingers and a hacking cough. At least now I have shinies to look at.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
All of my mechs work.
Unfortunately I tend to gravitate to the quirky stuff, and the honeymoon ends when I have to clean them every few days and have to disassemble them into a pile of parts.
(GI revolver, im talkin at you!)
View attachment 644327
Thats when I just grab a brass tube and roll with it.
Im not really an AV fan but they are super simple and can be totally disassembled without tools.

Ah, that's a lot of parts for just a mech. I think my Triade has fewer.:confused:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
@ENAUD
I suppose it will get easier when I stop buying things and let the savings make their mark. One day ;)
For the first 2 years I was buying stuff at a furious pace. Part was fear of what deeming (which had not been released yet) would do to us but most of it was vaping was changing so fast back then. The changes were HUGE. Things like the first glass tank, Variable Wattage, rebuilding spent heads turning into the first rebuildable drippers and tank attys. I went down the rabbit hole many time trying to find the right vape for me in an industry that was really just beginning to find itself.

Year 3 I had pretty much found what worked for me so I went into full tilt stock up to last a lifetime because we were all pretty sure deeming would be fatal to the industry. Even so it was only certain things and only if they went on deep sale.

Year 4 I really have not bought all that much. Mostly filling in gaps in the stockup with sale from places throwing in the towel. The occasional special treat like the ALien 220. Once a month or so I pop into the local vape shop and buy something small, bottle of juice, pack of coils, that kind of thing. They are good people and in this small town they struggle to keep the doors open.

I really don't need much of anything at this point. I can pretty much vape for the rest of my life from what I have stockpiled. I have found what works for me so I don't even follow what is new and hot so much. Shinyitis mostly wore off a long time ago. Only things on my list are really that gadget for making clapton wire and more good bottom fed attys for my squonkers now that they are easy to find (used to be a real pain to find good sqounker attys).

Even so if I added up everything I probably spent $3000 over the 4 years and saved far more than that. I mean really how do you put a price on your own life?

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I bought a Provari when it was reduced by 50% in a closing down sale and felt somewhat guilty at having to pay even half price (can't remember how much exactly but getting on for £100). About 6 months later my MIL had left me a little bit of money when she died and I treated myself to a Kabuki. I don't think I would have splashed out that much for a tank otherwise ! In any event I don't regret buying either of them :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
these little buggers for the eRoll were crazy expensive :blink:

View attachment 644359
Yep the EGO-C tank system used the same ones and that is what I started with. They also clogged up in a heartbeat and were near impossible to rebuild or clean so you were replacing them constantly.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The most expensive RTA that I have purchased was an authentic SvoëMesto Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 back when they first came out. Purchased it from a German retailer.

I had nothing but problems with it (flooding and gurgling) no matter how it was wicked or how many times I replaced the o-rings .... I now buy cheap Chinese clones of the Kayfun Lite-Plus and have never had any more problems like I did with that authentic POS.

The authentic SvoëMesto wound up in the garbage can ... good riddance !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread