Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
For those that don't know the Diver and the Sophia were a rebuildable unit that replaces the carto in a carto tank setup.
OMG there is such thing as a rebuildable carto?! I didn't know this existed until right now, but I think I need one of these!

The most I've spent on any single vape-related purchase was $130 on my VS rDNA40. I don't feel too bad though, since I've used it almost every day of the nearly two years since I've had it. This pic is 9 months old, it has even less paint than this remaining, now:

(That's my other daily-driver, a kayfun Lite+ clone, sitting on top. I have never had the privilege of trying out the authentic, but these EHPro clones are superb. I was given one, and liked it so much I bought two more when I found them on sale at $8/each! I have this exact setup sitting in front of me right now.)

Last edited:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I would not feel too bad about spending the money..........I have another 200 bottles that won't fit on this airplane and they are all not my favorite flavors

mostly just sitting there looking pretty.......especially the bottle of 'CLOVE"----flavor.........LOL...... View attachment 644387
So you spend on vape, but have a tv from the 90's? LoL

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Ha! I'm
OMG there is such thing as a rebuildable carto?! I didn't know this existed until right now, but I think I need one of these!

The most I've spent on any vape-related purchase was $130 on my VS rDNA40. I don't feel too bad though, since I've used it almost every day for nearly two years now. This pic is 9 months old, it has even less paint than this remaining, now:

I'd say that's a well broken in mod!

Reactions: thetrucker

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah but the Russian is an exception. Didn't the svoemesto guys have a falling out and split up? One of the original creators then went on to produce the Russian?
Heard a reviewer say it sometime.
With all that said and the price tag, not quite your average clone.

Besides, when the atty is a dripper with 2/3 posts and possibly 4 connections with a 2ml well beneath, what can really go wrong?

Why would the Russian be an exception? Because it was expensive? That story about the Svoemesto falling out and split up isn't true. The Russian 91% was a clone, pure and simple.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
But it had an integrated drip tip/mouthpiece!

:rickroll:
What do you mean "had"?? Mine still has one!:p
20170327_155104.jpg

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Who cares if a mod costs $500 or $50, as long as it keeps you off the stinkies, that's the most important aspect of it. It's not just a hobby, it's a way of life. (lol and there's nothing wrong with a little bling here and there)
:| If I didn't have kids my budget and collection would be gigantic. Unfortunately my demon spawn keep insisting I feed them and other expensive stuff. My $20 Picos keep me from smoking and that's all I care about. I sure do have my eyes on a few things, maybe I'll get around to them someday. ;)

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Why would the Russian be an exception? Because it was expensive? That story about the Svoemesto falling out and split up isn't true. The Russian 91% was a clone, pure and simple.

I guess it would be an exception because it is clearly marketed as a Russian not a kayfun. It is made by a different company and... I don't have one but I hear they are not identical, something about adjustable airflow.

Do you not see the difference between that and knock off which has the same company logo?

Not that it really makes a difference to me. It's down to pragmatic reasoning for me, not an ethical viewpoint. My authentics work, my clones do not.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Expensive mods? Yea I bougth a few:
2 Dicodes v2 plus 230 euro each
Dicodes dani box 230 euro
Dicodes no6 230 euro
Xvostick 250 euro
2 ysticks 170 euro each
Provari radius 170 euro
Sx mini 200 euro
Sx mini G class 240 euro

Don't regret any off them, all quality stuff....

It's a close one between @Bad Ninja and a vast accumulation of vape gear which he doesn't need or use but spent 000s on, and this guy @drugarth who has spent more than me on the majority of his mods but is happy with all the purchases.

Hmmmm...

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
We have a big flatscreen in my house but I don't watch tv. If it was me, I'd get rid of that tv and have more space for vape gear.
TVs in 2017? Just use your PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, android, windows tablet, mac, MacBook, any more?

TVs in general are so 90s...

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I'm happy with all my purchases. Got a couple yihi and dna mods and a pair of stabbywoods that I can't say I'm disappointed with. (Not to mention, a couple more pretties on the horizon lol)

The lil lady hated my fascination at first, but she put it best in the end: Why spend thousands on a Louis Vuitton when a random department store purse will do the same? Because....shiny....

Just noticed the TV analogy lol. Very true.
But its....so pretty and big....thatswhatshesaid...nothing quite like a big ol led smart tv....unless you have no use for it.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I'm happy with all my purchases. Got a couple yihi and dna mods and a pair of stabbywoods that I can't say I'm disappointed with. (Not to mention, a couple more pretties on the horizon lol)

The lil lady hated my fascination at first, but she put it best in the end: Why spend thousands on a Louis Vuitton when a random department store purse will do the same? Because....shiny....

Just noticed the TV analogy lol. Very true.
But its....so pretty and big....thatswhatshesaid...nothing quite like a big ol led smart tv....unless you have no use for it.

I suppose if I had enough money that I hadn't already spent on gear, I'd get a beautiful big iMac or I'd get a very high functioning desktop with a 50 inch screen on top. That way I can use the thing for more than just programming which somebody else decided is fit for me at 9pm.

I don't need to watch things that enlarged though, I don't need a 50 inch PBusardo shouting at me via 5.2 surround sound. iPad and headphones do just fine.

Each to his own though.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I guess it would be an exception because it is clearly marketed as a Russian not a kayfun. It is made by a different company and... I don't have one but I hear they are not identical, something about adjustable airflow.

Do you not see the difference between that and knock off which has the same company logo?

Not that it really makes a difference to me. It's down to pragmatic reasoning for me, not an ethical viewpoint. My authentics work, my clones do not.

The differences really aren't that much bigger than with some other clones, and all clones on Fasttech (for example) are marketed as "styled". Nowadays they rarely have the branding copied. Preferring clones or originals, whatever floats one's boat, but if not being consistent one is a hypocrite (speaking generally, not accusing you). The Russian often gets a pass from people who hate clones, and that's simply hypocritical. Particularly considering the spread of that bogus Svoemesto split story that's used to try to make the Russian "authentic". In a way the Russian is worse than no name clones.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
The differences really aren't that much bigger than with some other clones, and all clones on Fasttech (for example) are marketed as "styled". Nowadays they rarely have the branding copied. Preferring clones or originals, whatever floats one's boat, but if not being consistent one is a hypocrite (speaking generally, not accusing you). The Russian often gets a pass from people who hate clones, and that's simply hypocritical. Particularly considering the spread of that bogus Svoemesto split story that's used to try to make the Russian "authentic". In a way the Russian is worse than no name clones.

I don't think so. I couldn't really care less if it looks and feels the same with minute differences and a different branding and company behind it all.
A pair of jeans come to mind. Some people like theirs from primani, some like Armani, some Gucci, others Louis Vuitton.
I like them clones otherwise known as Levi.
I have no common belief when it comes to clones so I would be hypocritical in your eyes.
If it works well, I'll have it. My clone drippers are nearly the same as authentics (don't think I could tell the difference sometimes)
Rtas though? Definitely.
Mechs, definitely.

I don't have many authentics because I can't afford them and they do the job just fine.

It's nice to have things like that sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread