most hard hitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
All I am saying is that there is evidence all over the Internet and YouTube of cherry bombers doing this. I was even told by a shop owner who sells them to not buy one before I looked them up to find out why. Obviously I'm not going to go trying to make it short out on purpose if I did have one, but things happen. Everyone should know extra care should be taken with this one.

Not a shred of evidence.
Only user error by people who did not understand how the mod was designed, and acted irresponsibly.

It works exactly as intended.
Those people have no business buying a cherry bomber, as they aren't knowledgeable enough to use it correctly.

Mechanicals are for "advanced users" only.

Reactions: entropy1049

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
All I am saying is that there is evidence all over the Internet and YouTube of cherry bombers doing this. I was even told by a shop owner who sells them to not buy one before I looked them up to find out why. Obviously I'm not going to go trying to make it short out on purpose if I did have one, but things happen. Everyone should know extra care should be taken with this one.
This is not a good thread to start this discussion, unless you actually have experience with the mod. CB is a hugely-popular, well-working, hard-hitting mech mod. So is the Raptor, which works the same way.

Last edited:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States

I think the point folks are trying to make here is that one should never vape with any gear at 30 amps that they have no idea of how the gear is actually functioning, yet with comprehensive understanding and respect for the gear, accidents like this simply don't happen unless you let them. The Cherry Bomber isn't for the uneducated. Neither is a Nemesis tube mod, or any mech mod, or an RDA, RTA, or Genny.

The flip side of this, is when one careens carelessly and without knowledge of their gear, it's limits, and how it works, regardless of "safety features", bad things will eventually happen. This is in accordance with the same laws of statistics that also dictate that a certain number of people will eventually kill themselves by repeatedly hitting themselves in the skull with a ball-peen hammer.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
What is Who's definition of Hard Hitting?

This has always been a point of contention with me. A Mod delivers Power.
Are people asking which Mechanical Mod has the Least power loss through the Body?
Are they asking which Regulated Mod puts out the Most Wattage?
Best Hand Fit for punching someone? :lol:
Blows the Best Clouds?
Gives the best throat hit?

My Vote goes to the SX Mini M Class with a Powerful + setting :D

Of course most of this depends highly on what you are running on top.;)

none of the above, rather, which one TASTES better

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
of my original mods, i find the ones with the lowest drop to be (in no particular order, they are just hundredths of a volt from each other under the same build)

Prax1s
Rig V2
Aria Oros v2

all these are copper. i also have a brass Rig v2 and with ultra low ohms <= .1 i can feel a difference between it and my copper one.

the oros is the one i like most, just prefer the switch
that said, i had (lost it) a little ivogo abaddon (copper box, dual batts) and nothing i have tried hit as hard

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Its because you are comparing single cell mechs to a parallel mech. If you have two cells in parallel, the resistance from your batteries is halved. A parallel mech will pretty much always be more massive than a single cell tube, again, resulting in lower voltage drop.

Out of single cell tube mech, yeah, the praxis hits like a truck, probably because the switch and contact are milled from a single piece of brass or copper and there are only two sets of threads between the negative contact and the atty negative.
The Tarsius 4Nine also hits stupid hard for a single cell mech, just no safety so I don't count it as a pocketable mod.

So how many mech threads this year are going to derail into "zomg! The CB is a bmb!"

Reactions: Mooch

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
I don't do cloud competitions but I have friends that do. They swear by the Quntaw Boxmod. They can't use it in competitions here because like Bad Ninja said, they are limited by the single battery mech rule.
11892190_960435770646254_8086158374718442810_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread