Most overrated E-Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
I totally get the "negative" feelings towards BB. I noticed many who feel that way are new vapors, or relatively new. I tried BB back in 2010 and hated it!. Learnt about DIY and decided to give BB another try in early 2011 and understood that many ejuices do require time. Well, I'm hooked on it, hooked on the complexity and nuances. There are others I've enjoyed in the same light, El Kamino for one! If you're not a tobacco lover I guess it's understandable.

BTW, Halo is expensive and way overhyped imo, and has been for years. That lingering perfume taste/smell is a hard sell for me! I've decided to clone Tribeca and enjoy my clone so much better!

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Boba's Bounty tasted terrible fresh out of the bottle. Hard to describe how bad it was.

Agreed! I have 20 or so different dated bottles, ranging from 2 weeks to 30 weeks, all taste different, all taste complex and rich! Do you enjoy tobacco? If so, put it away, forget about it. Then come back to it in 4 weeks, 8 weeks and tell us what you think!

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I think as far as overrated goes, I'm sorry but I was SO excited to get the full sampler from AiV and the juice was good don't get me wrong but nothing grabbed me. None of them were like OH I NEED TO ORDER MORE!

That and El Kamino from Good Life Vapors...I just don't get what everyone else does. I can't stand it...from the smell of it to trying to vape it.

CrunkVA

Nov 18, 2013
Fairfax, VA
I know I'll get the "gasp!!!"... but for me, it's GLV Deadly Sin... that "hint" of cinnamon that some mention, (which I believe is the tobacco) leaves the lingering aftertaste of just finished smoking an analog. If I wanted that flavor, I'd break out my stashed away just in case pack of smokes. Vaping it actually makes me want to smoke an analog. Smells delightful in the bottle and in the room where I vape though. I have a full bottle, more than 50ml since Jeremy kindly overfilled to the hilt. Such a waste. I'll let it steep longer than a week and see how it goes.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
at 30$ a bottle ( i think it was either 25 or 30ml) just the price is a buster altho the packaging is pretty

Packaging seems to be a big part of E-Liquids. No different than any other product. It seems however what bugs me is the Romantic Succulent names which bears no relationship to the actual flavor. At least they could add descriptions of the attempted flavor. I salute all E-Juice manufactures that call Vanilla, VANILLA. A crazy idea I know.

dan1boy

Moved On
Dec 23, 2013
Huntington Beach
I think as far as overrated goes, I'm sorry but I was SO excited to get the full sampler from AiV and the juice was good don't get me wrong but nothing grabbed me. None of them were like OH I NEED TO ORDER MORE!

That and El Kamino from Good Life Vapors...I just don't get what everyone else does. I can't stand it...from the smell of it to trying to vape it.

Totally agree.

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
Early on I ordered 10 assorted sample bottles from Pink Spot. Over the top artificial, perfumy, chemical taste. No amount of steeping or changing the set up helped. Every one of them is unvapable to me. Funny though, it seemed like the accolades for that particular brand stopped shortly after my order arrived...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Another one who cannot tolerate the chemical/perfume in MBV juices. I've tried lots early on. DIYn, I've learned that where a vendor buys their flavoring is critical. So, best advice, stick with smallest and only buy one or two of the simplest juices (nothing complex) and if it tastes bad, odds are most from that vendor will to you. If that vendor offers DIY flavorings, check them out. Again, odds are they're using those to make their juices and you'll know not to buy juices made with that brand of flavoring from another vendor.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I prefer to talk about the juices I do like but for the sake of this thread, anything from MBV which to me is juice you can get from any marginal B&M out there.

I can see Boba's being mentioned but that is a complex, well-made juice that is unique to vaping flavors IMO. Tribeca is a great custom RY4, but not everyone likes RY4s so some aren't going to like that one I suppose. I can't believe anyone listed Smooth Criminal though, that seems mad to me.

Last edited:

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I know at least for me, it's not the complexity of bobas.

Halo Tribeca has this caramel/vanilla flavor that I think is horrible. Got the same taste from ecblends. Neither is horrible and whatever gets people away from the real cigarettes.
It's an RY4, they all have caramel, vanilla and tobacco.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
It's an RY4, they all have caramel, vanilla and tobacco.

Lol I know. Meant to say the type of caramel/vanilla they use I don't like. Had bought 2 month old Tribeca from here, I tried the sealed bottle and it wasn't my cup of tea.

Started with Mister e and it's hard finding a better one.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Lol I know. Meant to say the type of caramel/vanilla they use I don't like. Had bought 2 month old Tribeca from here, I tried the sealed bottle and it wasn't my cup of tea.

Started with Mister e and it's hard finding a better one.

Ah, gotcha. I have Mr E's on the short-list of RY4s I want to try, but am going with Indigo first. Two that I've tried recently which are terrific are the Butterfly's RY4 and Mr Vape RY4s. Both are A rated in the Really Big RY4 roundup, and are terrific.

I like Tribeca though FWIW, but it's not one of my very favorites (ECBlend is).

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Ya. My two biggest disappointments were:
1. AVE (Boba's bounty in particular but also tried gorilla juice, Chai and Hype). I use the bobas from time to time when I want something hard. But mostly these flavors all ratch my throat. Big disappointment for a liquid that was supposed to be all that. My experience was further soured because I ordered once from the alien V clones by accident which only further added to the money I wasted pursuing the Bobas bounty myth. The clone juice bottles looked so bad I didn't even feel safe putting it in my lungs.
2. 5 Pawns (tried a sample pack plus 30mL of 3 of the flavors, still have barely made it out of the samplers, the juice makes me feel like throwing up; it's too heavy and complex, I'm feeling sick thinking about it. Haha. Absolutely disgusting. A terrible disappointment for a juice that was supposed to be so good and was so expensive.
Taste is subjective. But this is my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Right, so your last line kills all things myth, and myth oriented in your posts.
It's no myth. Ish is the bomb...

DixieBelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
Tobaccoville, NC
I prefer to talk about the juices I do like but for the sake of this thread, anything from MBV which to me is juice you can get from any marginal B&M out there.

I can see Boba's being mentioned but that is a complex, well-made juice that is unique to vaping flavors IMO. Tribeca is a great custom RY4, but not everyone likes RY4s so some aren't going to like that one I suppose. I can't believe anyone listed Smooth Criminal though, that seems mad to me.

I am trying my best to like Smooth Criminal. Been steeping for a week. Still so overpowering to me. Did you let it steep and for how long?

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Ah, gotcha. I have Mr E's on the short-list of RY4s I want to try, but am going with Indigo first. Two that I've tried recently which are terrific are the Butterfly's RY4 and Mr Vape RY4s. Both are A rated in the Really Big RY4 roundup, and are terrific.

I like Tribeca though FWIW, but it's not one of my very favorites (ECBlend is).

I like both Mr E's RY4 and Indigo RY4. I need to check out Butterfly.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I am trying my best to like Smooth Criminal. Been steeping for a week. Still so overpowering to me. Did you let it steep and for how long?

Some people like it at every stage, but I don't care for Smooth Criminal until it's steeped for 6-8 weeks and then it's one of my favorite tobaccos. It's worth the wait I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread