Most overrated E-Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I was pretty disappointed with the fruity's I got from Ahlusion. Their tobaccos are top shelf though.

This is surprising

I know that taste is subjective

but ahlusion is one of the very few that have fruit that taste like the fruit and not candy or chemi

their cherry is above any I have ever had by a landslide

I've had their peach, lime, lychee
and haven't seen a vendor come near to as realistic

what fruit juices have you had?

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I am trying my best to like Smooth Criminal. Been steeping for a week. Still so overpowering to me. Did you let it steep and for how long?
Smooth Criminal IMO needs steeping, especially if it is a larger size in glass bottle. Take the cap off and let it breath for a few minutes then tuck it away for a week or two. S.C is one of my all time favs.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I know I'll get the "gasp!!!"... but for me, it's GLV Deadly Sin... that "hint" of cinnamon that some mention, (which I believe is the tobacco) leaves the lingering aftertaste of just finished smoking an analog. If I wanted that flavor, I'd break out my stashed away just in case pack of smokes. vaping it actually makes me want to smoke an analog. Smells delightful in the bottle and in the room where I vape though. I have a full bottle, more than 50ml since Jeremy kindly overfilled to the hilt. Such a waste. I'll let it steep longer than a week and see how it goes.

GASP!!!!!

Deadly Sin does have cinnamon (think "Deadly Cinn"). The cinnamon becomes very strong at higher power; try vaping it on a low setting.

I didn't find that it needed much steeping, just an air-out once or twice.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
What is becoming clear from the posts is that most fairly new vapers can't stand the more complex flavors. It makes sense to me because it was the same for me the first year or so.

Lol what do you consider new vapor?

Personally I started off with complex and hated simple juices.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

CrunkVA

Nov 18, 2013
Fairfax, VA
GASP!!!!!

Deadly Sin does have cinnamon (think "Deadly Cinn"). The cinnamon becomes very strong at higher power; try vaping it on a low setting.

I didn't find that it needed much steeping, just an air-out once or twice.

I use a 1.5ohm dc cartotank and tried between 3.2v-4v ... makes me sad :( <--- see?

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Lol what do you consider new vapor?

Personally I started off with complex and hated simple juices.

A year or less.

What is it with the lack of reading comprehension these days?

I said "What is becoming clear is MOST new vapors can't stand the more complex flavors." That does not mean ALL....

If you review the thread you would see why I came to that conclusion.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I am trying my best to like Smooth Criminal. Been steeping for a week. Still so overpowering to me. Did you let it steep and for how long?
One of the NET nerds says 6 weeks for optimum flavor, but I thought after a month it was great. It's not an ADV for me but it's something I almost always have on hand as a change of pace. It's so smooth, it's almost criminal!

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Everything from MBV that I've tried, To me it all has an extremely artificial chemical taste worse then Chinese juice, even with mouths of steeping I can't stand any of them, they all give me a head ache and sore throat plus the smell of any of them offends my GF. Hawk Sauce being the #1 over-rated juice IMO.

Totally agree on MBV, when I started vaping, I perceived it as the absolute go-to e-juice, until I tried the same flavors from a variety of other vendors. That's when I noticed the very perfumey, chemical aftertastes. After trying other brands, MBV was absolutely un-vapable for me at that point.

One thing to note though, my friend only buys MBV juices, to me, they all taste like watered down Windex. He thinks the ones I vape taste like stale pastries or rotten fruits... So yeah, to each their own, but this thread is fun nonetheless ;)

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Have to agree with everyone's sentiments on MBV. I've gotten 18 different flavors and liked two, whipped cream (w/ min 6 week steep and only as a mixer) and Cinnamon Roll. And even cinnamon roll may be on the chopping block, I reordered and unfortunately the second bottle isn't living up to the first. :nah:

Really wanted to like their stuff but I think it's just not meant to be.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Bobas, isn't overrated, with the loose term of subjectivity aside.
Bobas is complex, and decadent. And for 100% Vg, has a hell of a TH.

What I like about Bobas is that it is neutral enough to mix w/other things. I put some pecan pie in one day; another day some banana. Another day, something else. It "goes with" so many things if you want to change it up.

Not too many juices that you can do that with.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
What I like about Bobas is that it is neutral enough to mix w/other things. I put some pecan pie in one day; another day some banana. Another day, something else. It "goes with" so many things if you want to change it up.

Not too many juices that you can do that with.

I do agree with this. I probably will never order again but I did go through about 150ml of bobas and it mixed with everything well.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I am disappointed in a large amount of greatly loved juices, including 'Custards Last Stand' and 'Deadly Sin.' I tried very hard to love some others that had great reviews including AiV and Ahlusions. (did love 15 FF and will re-order that) Not sure if it has to do with the fact that I usually only order 2-3 from each company and if I do not like those 2-3 I move to another company (so many companies, so many juices)
Only a few did I reorder from and those are Nirvana and Mountain Oak. I have recently tried (and liked) The Plume Room so will be going back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread