Most realistic e-cigarette available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave4949

Jul 28, 2015
Hello, i'm a 42yr old 40 a day smoker & i'm now totally fed up with my morning cough and have decided it's time to give up.

Could anyone please recommend an e-cigarette that :

a) Looks exactly like a normal cigarette (same size / diameter)
b) Has the 'hit' at the back of your throat when inhaled with the taste of tobacco
c) That is available in the UK ?

I don't mind buying 2 or 3 of them if a realistic size of e-cig has a poor battery life - i'm spending £15+ / day at the moment as it is anyway.

Many thanks in advance for any info

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
So you don't want to start with a real e-cigarette? Most ppl I know went back to normal cigarettes because the cigalikes you are referring to are crap. So people assume vaping is bad and stop it.

Have you tried a "real" e-cigarette with a tobacco liquid already? Or are there other reasons that you are searching for a cigarette like equipment?

Markovich

May 8, 2014
Guam
Hi glad to hear your deciding to take the step forward on quitting analogs. From my experience the cig a like models don't really give enough of a hit. Unfortunately you would need to get something a little bit bigger tons on options out there nowadays. Maybe a kanger k box would be good for you. It takes some time to adjust to the size but you'll get the hang of it. Plus it's more reliable then cig a like models.

Reactions: Baditude

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
While many do quit successfully using cig-a-likes such as Blu, they do tend to under perform.

If size is an issue, many have started out using eGo style batteries and an inexpensive clearomizer that's refillable. This setup won't break the bank, and while longer than your traditional cig-a-like, performs much better and gives you a better chance of quitting for good.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Blus are available in the UK, but I'd really recommend stepping up to a pen. . .

Many of us tried to quit by using cig-a-likes, and they just don't satisfy the way even an ego would.

I tried Blus when they first came out, NJOYs a little later, and Vuse after that. They all failed to provide the same experience and I always went back to smoking. . . a vape pen is going to be a bit awkward at first, but the experience is going to be much better in the long run.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Some people like cig-alikes. I have noticed a guy a work who has been vaping them for a year now. They look like a cigarette. Inhale like a cigarette. Taste a bit like tobacco. There are some people that like this, I have seen this one guy numerous times vaping his cig-alikes.

Some of the members here started with similar devices, but most vapers quickly decide that they want to move away from cigarettes and cigarette-like things. A direct lung inhale on a sub-ohm RDA with a premium liquid is just wonderful clouds of delectable flavor and nicotine. IMO, it is far more enjoyable. But, there are basic products available at Tesco or various petrol stations where you can get a weak hit of something that slightly reminds you of real cigarette (before the battery dies)... these actually work for some people.

Reactions: Coldrake

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Hello, i'm a 42yr old 40 a day smoker & i'm now totally fed up with my morning cough and have decided it's time to give up.

Could anyone please recommend an e-cigarette that :

a) Looks exactly like a normal cigarette (same size / diameter)
b) Has the 'hit' at the back of your throat when inhaled with the taste of tobacco

I don't mind buying 2 or 3 of them if a realistic size of e-cig has a poor battery life - i'm spending £15+ / day at the moment as it is anyway.

Many thanks in advance for any info

Here is link to GreenSmoke (UK)

I've tried them, and quite enjoyed the vape. I still use cigalikes, but prefer clearos (products I can refill).

All the other suggestions you've been given on this thread are items I would strongly urge you to consider as most vapers do evolve to bigger and better ways to vape.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm rethinking my advice. Grab a cig-a-like, many of them are pretty cheap, give it a go, tell us what you think! Maybe they've gotten better! If you enjoy them, then CONGRATS!!! If you don't, upgrade!

Just don't go back to smoking if you think they suck!

also, I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US, cig-a-likes can cost almost as much as smoking!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
you will limit yourself to low preforming, bad tasting, inefficient manners of equipment by trying to continue the "same size as a ciggie" desires.... you want to quit/reduce your smoking? Step away from the whole "like a ciggie" venue.... Vaping isnt the same as smoking, there are differences, accept that there are differences and transfering to vaping will be easier... try looking into a 30+W mod and a tank that has exchangeable coils or rebuildable coils... and as far as juice... my favorite is Heathers Heavenly Vapes Pirates Booty... ( 36 nic 100VG 2X flavor shot) works for me and I was a 3PAD smoker...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When I chose to quit smoking by using e-cigarettes, I bought a SmokelessImage starter kit. That kit did get me off of cigarettes, but within 2 - 3 weeks I had decided that the battery life sucked (like ALL cigalikes), the juice delivery device (the cartridge holding the e-liquid) was inadequate, and I was beginning to realize that there were better options available for a much better vape.

You can't get the same satisfaction (compared to a real cigarette) using a cigalike ... its too small of a battery to do the job adequately. The sooner you get over the idea of wanting something that looks like a cigarette, the easier time you'll have to put the death sticks away for good. We're not recommending the smaller batteries because we want to help you by not wasting your money and avoiding frustration. Get a better setup. The bottom line is: How bad do you really want to quit smoking?

You can be hard-headed and still try the cigalikes; I mean most of us started out with them. However, nearly all of us moved up to something bigger and better within a short time. Why not invest that initial money into a "real" ecig or vaporizer that will perform better and give the same satisfaction of smoking from the very beginning?

So, the bottom line is: How bad do you really want to quit smoking? :blink:

The "hit in the back of the throat" you describe has more to do with the nicotine strength of the e-liquid than anything else. The strength you use initially should be based on the number of cigarettes you smoked. 40 cigs a day (2 ppd) usually works out to about 24 mg nicotine. The more nic in the e-liquid the harsher the throat hit. Too much nic can cause coughing and sore throat; I might recommend also trying 18 mg.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi Dave,

If you do come back, can you please read my comments and take a few notes.

a) Looks exactly like a normal cigarette (same size / diameter) - You could but most of them are really, really bad. Some of them are a 100% rip off i.e. they won't work for a long-term smoker. 40 a day? No chance. No chance at all.

- if you buy a cig-a-like system, you will have no throat hit by the end of week 1.

OK. This is a good and a bad place for e-cigs. If you fall into the hands of the evil brands, you can waive goodbye to your money and still need to smoke. I spent over £500 on 'systems' that DID NOT HELP ME STOP SMOKING.

E-Lites, Nicolites, Blu, 10 Motives, - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

GET a proper eGo e-cig (or better) from an independent vaping shop.

Try Vape Escape, Myepack, iVapour, ukecigCABIN, (not uk ecig store), Cloud9, Kingz of Vapour,

Please, please try not to buy.

1) BLU. Nobody should buy Blu. End of story.

2) Be very, very careful about trusting Google. Google will send you to the stores that charge the most and care about you the least. Not to mention paying far more money than necessary.

3) Never trust review sites and most review videos. Vaping sites that claim to be "independent" are almost certainly not independent.... they are scam sites to take your money when they get commission for getting you to buy the overpriced, low performance products.

- - -

I failed to quit smoking from 15 a day with E-Lites and then JacVapour cig-a-likes. If you want to save yourself £500 or more that I wasted, please don't follow the path I took.

:)

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread