Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I don't know why but I cant see it. Post the percentages. Im always looking for new recipes. If you don't mind

The e-liquid-recipes site has some issues being forwarded to from this forum for some reason. I can't open it either.

OP, looks good! Too fruity for me though. Glad your first recipe was a success!

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Gack, so as you've probably guessed, my flavor percentage is a bit high and after about five days steeping the flavors have settled a bit and are off. Too thick with flavor, especially the cream. Is there a good way to get a feel for how a juice is going to settle down? Try to stay around 10-20 percent flavor total and just expect creamy notes to increase with steep? I, like most first time DIYers was mixing for what tastes good right now. I think I'm on a good track, just cut everything by around a third total, fruits less, creams more.
I'm a cook, not a baker. Baking is black magic sorcery.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Just my 2 cents
Mother's Melons
Bavarian Cream (TPA): 8% (way too high. I usually use a MAX of 2% with this flavor)
Cantaloupe (TPA): 6% (not sure as I've never used this flavor/brand combo)
Caramel (FA): 4% (again, I use this at a MAX of 2%)
Cream Fresh (FA): 4% (1-2%)
Ethyl Maltol (10% PG): 2 or 3 drops
Watermelon (FA): 1.5% (should be fine... maybe decrease to 1%)
Honeydew (TPA): 4% (idk)
Real lemon juice: 1% (I had no luck using real lemon juice)
Sour (TPA): 3-5 drops
Vape Wizard (TFA): 2 drops

I would personally omit the caramel because I don't see it mixing well with the other flavors... But that's again just me.

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
The creams are definitely just too heavy.
You also have two flavors then tend to mute other flavors. I know longer EVER use EM or Cotton Candy if you prefer since it will mute other flavors with time. Vape Wizard can also do the same. Get into the habit of using Marshmallow instead of EM. You'll find it replaces EM quite well and another plus has a nice mouth feel to it.....

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks! I've noticed VW having that effect and I've cut it out of my recipes. Did not know EM had the same effect.

Yep, sure does. Another thing to watch out for as far as muting other flavors is TFA Malted Milk. I love the taste of this stuff but when mixing with other flavors you should use no more than 2-4% otherwise it will mute the others......It just doesn't play well with others, lol. At least in higher %s....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread