Mouth Sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Inver Grove Heights MN
I think this is listed as a quiting smoking symptom here but for me I do not think that is the case. I had not smoked in months, and gone without for years and off and on my whole adult life but was only smoking about 2 smokes a day for about 2 weeks before e-smoking and now I have a mouth sore... having quit, many many times. This has never happened. I think it is my e-smoking and I am worried.

i have had mouth sores ever since i started vaping and for me there is no other cause than vaping. for me it does not matter if its PG/VG or PEG i still get them and its not from getting liquid in the mouth. i just get them! and if i do happen to bite or nick my mouth i know that a sore is on the way but for me as long as i maintain proper hygiene they all go away faster. if i lack in taking care of them they get out of hand, so i brush twice a day and when i have a sore i use listerine after brushing. i could stop vaping but i do love it so and there is no way i am going back to real smoking! so for me its a trade off and i go through cycles where i vape ALOT, to only once or twice a day so its on ongoing thing for me and i hope the fellow vapers out there keep vaping!:D

I have a problem with canker sores that worsens when I vape.
I have found that vitamin D helps both maladies.

Bad news guys. You all have herpes.

Nope,wrong guess,try again.

Last edited:

vapinmachine

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I'm getting the sores too! I would like to think it's because I quit smoking but I have quit smoking without NRT before (up to 1 year the last time) and did not have any problems with sores in my mouth.

I've been vaping daily 6-10 carts of 18MG or 5-7 carts of 32MG carts on a daily basis since June 13th, 2010.

I have had 3 episodes of sores since I switched. The sores are red (canker sores look white on google images) and are tender to vapor, sugar, and mouth movement.

I developed my first sore on the right side of my tongue, then a few days later another one in the lower right section of the mouth near the gumline. They both peaked and then subsided within a few days and I completely healed.

A week later I developed a sore on the left side of my tongue, it too behaved like the other ones.

I then went a couple of weeks without sores. Then I switched to cartos and had excessive flooding and juice in my mouth. The most I did was spit it out.

I now have a sore throat, the tissue below the tongue is also very tender and I think I'm developing a sore there. I also have a sore on the right side of my tongue like the first time.

I am starting to think this may be e-juice in the mouth related. Because I know I was having flooding issues for the first couple of weeks, then it stopped for a while, and now I have this.

I hope this is the last time!!

vapinmachine

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Well as long as the sores go away it's good. I know that my dad had a brush with mouth cancer (got rid of it really quickly, caught early on) by noticing a mouth sore that would not go away.

This does kind-of concern me. I really hope I don't have to deal with frequent mouth sores and this is just a beginning vape experience.

Below my tongue (where the tongue meets the bottom of the mouth, right at the pit, it's super sore. So bad I smoked an analog last night, but it didnt help.. in fact, sucking out fo a straw hurts..

The sore on the right side is still there, been there for 5 days now..

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/oral_cancer/hic_oral_cancer.aspx

What can I do to prevent oral cancer?
You can take an active role in preventing oral cancer or detecting it early, should it occur.

Conduct a self exam at least once a month. Using a bright light and a mirror, look and feel your lips and front of your gums. Tilt your head back and look at and feel the roof of your mouth. Pull your checks out to view the inside of your mouth, the lining of your cheeks, and the back gums. Pull out your tongue and look at all surfaces. Examine the floor of your mouth. Look at the back of your throat. Feel for lumps or enlarged lymph nodes in both sides of your neck and under your lower jaw. Call your dentist’s office immediately if you notice any changes in the appearance of your mouth or any of the signs and symptoms mentioned above.
See your dentist on a regular schedule. Even though you might be conducting frequent self exams, sometimes dangerous spots or sores in the mouth can be very tiny and difficult to see on your own. The American Cancer Society recommends oral cancer screening exams every three years for people over age 20 and annually for those over age 40. During your next dental appointment, ask your dentist to perform an oral exam. Early detection can improve the chance of successful treatment.
Don’t smoke or use any tobacco products and drink alcohol in moderation. (Refrain from binge drinking.)
Eat a well balanced diet.
Limit your exposure to the sun. Repeated exposure increases the risk of cancer on the lip, especially the lower lip. When in the sun, use UV-A/B-blocking sun protective lotions on your skin as well as your lips.

Last edited:

vapinmachine

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
The mouth sores are gone.

I recently injured my back about 4 weeks ago. In the last 3 weeks I have been on heavy doses of NSAIDS. One of the side effects of taking lots of NSAIDS is mouth sores!

Mouth Sores - What Causes and Heals Mouth Sores in Arthritis Patients?

I haven't taken any NSAIDS in 3 days...

I have noticed that my gums are bleeding very bad. I am brushing teeth more frequently because I can't stand the taste of blood, and I am also flossing, and using mouth wash. I hope that this will fix the gum disease issue. The gum disease seems to have "flared up" just a few days ago (right after moving off the NSAIDS), perhaps they were knocking out the inflammation in my mouth as well?

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I've never had a "sore(s)" but I have had a sore tongue and from time to time, the roof of my mouth (the part with ridges) gets sore. I have no clue what causes it and it just comes and goes. It's quite uncomfortable when it hits but then goes away as quickly as it came. I never had this problem when I was smoking. I think it's caused from too much vapor being continuously sucked into my mouth. By that I mean that there are times when I vape nearly constantly, especially if I've discovered a new flavor that I like and can't seem to get enough of. I know I never smoked as much as I vape. When it happens, I use hydrogen peroxide or salt water rinse. I don't even know if that helps it heal faster because it always goes away in 2-4 days regardless of what I do. It's weird.

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
I've never had a "sore(s)" but I have had a sore tongue and from time to time, the roof of my mouth (the part with ridges) gets sore. I have no clue what causes it and it just comes and goes. It's quite uncomfortable when it hits but then goes away as quickly as it came. I never had this problem when I was smoking. I think it's caused from too much vapor being continuously sucked into my mouth. By that I mean that there are times when I vape nearly constantly, especially if I've discovered a new flavor that I like and can't seem to get enough of. I know I never smoked as much as I vape. When it happens, I use hydrogen peroxide or salt water rinse. I don't even know if that helps it heal faster because it always goes away in 2-4 days regardless of what I do. It's weird.

Me too. no sores just irritated tongue and gums.

alltah

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
East Sussex UK
I have been vaping for nearly 2 years and since January i have had sores on and off but for the last month i have been vaping a menthol juice all the time and now i have sores that dont want to go away. they are always better in the morning when i have not been vaping for due to being asleep perhaps i need to go back to the juice i used last year ?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
PG juices gave me canker sores. Switched to VG juices and they went away, never to return. Did the experiment a few times to make sure, and it was reproducible with me. PG also made my tongue and gums sore and irritated my stomach and colon. VG does not do any of this, and I vape a lot. PG also dried my mouth out in a very chemical sort of way that drinking water only partially helped. VG does not do this to me. YMMV.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
PG juices gave me canker sores. Switched to VG juices and they went away, never to return. Did the experiment a few times to make sure, and it was reproducible with me. PG also made my tongue and gums sore and irritated my stomach and colon. VG does not do any of this, and I vape a lot. PG also dried my mouth out in a very chemical sort of way that drinking water only partially helped. VG does not do this to me. YMMV.

ALL of my vaping problems disappeared after switching to VG, dry mouth, sore gums, irritated throat and stomach are all fine now. I thought my problems were caused by high nic content, but no, it was the PG.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I am telling ya all that if you just oil pull once a day you will have a healthy mouth/tongue/throat and teeth. It's easy and it works amazingly well. Just put a teaspoon of olive oil in your mouth, swish, swish, swish for as long as you can (up to 20 minutes) and then spit and rinse.

Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy, An Ancient Ayurvedic Method for Great Health

I know I am repeating myself from a prior thread but oil pulling is so awesome I just have too.

Jurassica Parks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
I'm having the same problem. Since I've started vaping I've had this sore on my lower inner gumline. I'm going to try the oil thing and I'm going to try to only vape my "basic" tobacco liquid from cignot. It's VG.

I'll keep y'all posted. This sucks. I love vaping and I hope it's not causing this sore. I don't want to stop.

-K8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread