Mouth to lung hit using temp control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I've recently been getting into temp control. And would like something to give me a better mouth to lung hit than I've been getting. I liked the hit/restriction I got off of the 1.5 ohm occ coil for my subtank mini. But I'd like to build the coil. I've made some really nice straight lung builds but haven't found anything that works as well as the original 1.5 ohm occ coil for mouth to lung. I've even tried a vertical coil (2.5mm 6 wraps) it works great for lung hits. (I'm pretty sure the 1.5 ohm occ coil is a 2mm coil but I can't find a screw that size to make my coil.) But using temp control it doesn't give me what I'm looking for. Has anyone built anything close to the 1.5 ohm occ coil? Or should I just give up on trying to use temp control for mouth to lung hits?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
For MTL, you seem to be concentrating on your coil ohm and mod. When you should be looking at the ATOMIZER itself. A big airy atomizer may NEVER be suitable for good MTL regardless the mod or coil or how tight you run the AFC. You might try an atty with less air volume, the AFC just reduces the FLOW.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Is there a specific MTL atty you'd recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The protanks and Nautilus are great for MTL, but not so easy to rebuild. NON Sub-ohm Clearomisers in general are good MTL atties.
In a rebuildable????? The Kayfuns are good MTL atties, especially the ones with AFC. There are many Kayfun like atties out there I have Kayfuns. That SAT22 Geni is a good MTL atty.
For what to look for.... Well if the review state the atty has BAD airflow.. Then it will likely be a good MTL atty. If the Atty is reviewed as a flavor atty, it will probably also be a good MTL atty. If the atty is reviewed as a POOR cloud maker, it is also probably a good MTL atty. If the atty is reveiwed as having a big spacious easy access deck, it probably more suited to LTL than MTL. If the atty is intended for SUBohm and high power, it will suit LTL more than MTL.

Reactions: Pete91

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have quite a few, but all rebuildables. Some may not be as good for tc though, or may be better for ti than ni200. RTAs tend to have small decks and ni200 coils are large.

Any of these should work well with ti, aside from the 2 I already mentioned:

EHPro Mini Buddha
Taifun GS2
HCigar HC Plus
Kayfun Lite. The k 4 may require replacing the spring with the Steam Tuners shim.
Phenomenon Lite
Eviva-t
Le Magister
Goblin Mini
Rose v2

I would probably avoid the Lemos, Taifun GT2 and eXpromizer. Some are having success with those and some aren't.

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I have quite a few, but all rebuildables. Some may not be as good for tc though, or may be better for ti than ni200. RTAs tend to have small decks and ni200 coils are large.

Any of these should work well with ti, aside from the 2 I already mentioned:

EHPro Mini Buddha
Taifun GS2
HCigar HC Plus
Kayfun Lite. The k 4 may require replacing the spring with the Steam Tuners shim.
Phenomenon Lite
Eviva-t
Le Magister
Goblin Mini
Rose v2

I would probably avoid the Lemos, Taifun GT2 and eXpromizer. Some are having success with those and some aren't.
I'll have to look into those. Yay more research haha

Pete91

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2015
I still haven't been able to make a decision. I've been looking at all the suggestions from roxynoodle and a lot of the YouTube videos I've looked at are not in English. Also, is there anything on the market that is even close the the rba section on the subtank. Most others seem awkward or much harder to build on?

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
SubTank-Mini-RBA-Deck.jpg

KAYFUN-FIVEPAWNS-3.jpg

Sub tank RBA and a Kayfun Light+. Pretty similar. Only difference is you have to wrap the wire around the screw on the KFL instead of just trapping it. Most single coil RBA's made until very recently are built on the same design. The KFL has a much tighter draw though as it was designed for MTL vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread