Mouth troubles and trying to decide what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I just thought i'd update this thread in case anyone else stumbles across it searching for answers to mouth ulcers/sores and vaping.

The issue isn't vaping or what blend of juice i am using so i am not PG intolerant. I am now confident in saying my mouth ulcers/canker sores are being caused by a vitamin deficiency issue which i'm in the process of working out an effective treatment.

Switching to a non SLS toothpaste has stopped all the problems inside my mouth completely which is brilliant. Biotene was the first one i tried but i'm getting some tooth sensitivity issues so i've switched to Sensodyne.

I still get sores on my lips though which i think will only stop when i sort my vitamin levels out.

But i am vaping all sorts of juices now without caring what the ratios are! :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Great news, hope that is the answer for you.

my mouth just has that feeling that a sore is imminent, a an irritated feeling which is hard to describe, but at the moment it hasn't progressed any further and hopefully it won't.

You may have a low grade but chronic bacterial or fungal infection of some sort going on in your mouth.

Or as someone mentioned, food or chemical sensitivities.

A simple blood test can reveal your vitamin deficiencies.

I do hope you will seek medical evaluation because these things need to be ruled out.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks.

I've been to see our local doctor who was helpful in organising a blood test but not particularly helpful with what to do next. UK GP's have no time or at least our local GP's don't and they end up coming across as incompetent so we are on own until we need something like blood analysis then we'll go and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread