Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
It's been over a month since I posted a new Movie Quiz, and despite the rather pathetic view count for the last one, I figure it's about time a fresh, new Quiz got posted.

Lo and behold, here it is! :D

Enjoy!

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_103.jpg

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey, I know all but 4 and 7 :w00t:!

That's way better than my typical batting average for these quizzes. Some really good movies in this bunch :). Doubt that I'll be able to pick up the last two, but maybe clues will do the lightbulb thing for me.

Thanks, caff!

Last edited:

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Used google for number six, recognized the two actors.

Not your standard take on the Brothers Grimm... First time that I ever saw the female lead, and I was the same same age as the character she played, so we had to sneak into the theater to see it. Definitely a guilty pleasure, but it was a blast!

Not really a clue, just a little free-floating teenage nostalgia (which is pretty much a stock-in-trade:rolleyes::facepalm:).

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Time for some hints...

#1: In this 1999 Kevin Smith flick, two renegade angels were kicked out of heaven. Finding themselves banned to Wisconsin, they set out for New Jersey where they find a loophole that will allow them to re-enter heaven. The only problem is it will destroy humanity. An abortion clinic worker with a special heritage, a wisecracking 13th apostle, a stripper/muse, and a pair of mischievous prophets band together to stop them.

#2: Lou Bloom is an unscrupulous, driven young man desperate for work. He learns that there is a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, then sell the footage to local TV news outlets. Lou decides to muscle into the cut-throat, dangerous business, but his activities soon begin to blur the line between observer and participant in the stories.

#3: A Manhattan physician becomes obsessed with having a sexual encounter after his wife admits to having fantasies about a man she met, and chastising him for dishonesty in not admitting to his own fantasies. This sets him off into unfulfilled encounters with a dead patient's daughter and a ....... But, when he learns about a secret sexual group and decides to covertly attend one of their congregations, he quickly learns he is in over his head and finds he and his family are threatened.

#4: After waking up in a tiny cell, two men find themselves victim of a serial killer who plays games with his victims and gives them one last chance to survive. If they wish to live, they each have to play their own game as the killer has told them on an audio script. As the film goes on, connections between the victims and the true identity of the never-showed-up killer are revealed.

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_103_1-4.jpg

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
The "very different movie" you're referring to is The Princess Bride, right? (That's the Cary Elwes in the screenshot for movie no.4 above, AKA Westley/the Dread Pirate Roberts.)

Anyway, I just learned that The Princess Bride is having a two night run at a local theater near the end of August. Both of my kids, (ages 16 and 12), rank it among their top three or four all-time favorite movies, and we've all watched it a multitude of times. But, I haven't seen it in a theater since it was originally released, and I'm thinking it might be pretty cool to take the kiddos to see it on the big screen for their first time.

No point to this, really. I just thought I'd mention it. :D

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Haven't seen it, but I picked up 4 :). I read the reviews when it came out 'cause the dude in the screenshot was in a very different movie that I (and anyone else with a pulse!) have long loved;).

"As you wish" ... ?

(Ah, I see Caff beat me to it.)

beckyblue

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 29, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The "very different movie" you're referring to is The Princess Bride, right? (That's the Cary Elwes in the screenshot for movie no.4 above, AKA Westley/the Dread Pirate Roberts.)

Anyway, I just learned that The Princess Bride is having a two night run at a local theater near the end of August. Both of my kids, (ages 16 and 12), rank it among their top three or four all-time favorite movies, and we've all watched it a multitude of times. But, I haven't seen it in a theater since it was originally released, and I'm thinking it might be pretty cool to take the kiddos to see it on the big screen for their first time.

No point to this, really. I just thought I'd mention it. :D

"Pretty cool"?!? I've never see it on the big screen, and that'll be a seriously great movie night next month:w00t:!! My after-school program in elementary school only had a small handful of movies to play on days that were too rainy for tetherball and handball and stuff, so I've seen The Princess Bride more times than any other movie ever! Considering that, it's really a wonder that I still love it, but I certainly do:closedeyes:. Btw, I also love posts without points;). I'm envious, but mainly psyched for you and your kids:thumb:!

"As you wish" ... ?

(Ah, I see Caff beat me to it.)

The more Princess Bride posts, the merrier;)!

caffeinated

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    Hints, round 2!

#5: Frederick, played by Gene Wilder, is a young neurosurgeon who inherits the castle of his grandfather, a famous scientist who attempted to reanimate dead bodies. Upon his arrival at the castle, Frederick discovers and reads through his grandfather's book about his experiments, and he concludes that they might actually work. Assisted by Igor and Inga, he successfully reanimates a body which soon escapes and creates havoc.

#6: This 1996 flick, featuring Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland, is a twisted take on "Little Red Riding Hood." Witherspoon's character is a teenage juvenile delinquent on the run from a social worker, and traveling to her grandmother's house. Along the way, she is hounded by a charming, but sadistic, serial killer/pedophile.

#7: After discovering a mysterious orb in another part of the galaxy, Peter Quill from Earth is now the main target of a manhunt led by the genocidal villain Ronan the Accuser. Being hunted across space, Quill gets lumped together with a group of misfits who must learn to get along and work together in order to stop this fanatical warrior from taking control of the universe.

#8: After stumbling across a case of money among dead bodies where a drug deal has gone wrong, Llewelyn Moss finds himself on the run. His pursuer is Anton Chigurh, an unemotional killer with a unique murder weapon at his disposal. With bodies falling everywhere Anton goes, it's only a matter of time before he catches up with Llewelyn. While all this is going on, Sheriff Ed Tom Bell is overseeing the investigation and begins to see the country in a different light than he once did.

Answers coming in a couple of days.

movie-quiz_103_5-8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread