Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 102. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_104.jpg

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
FWIW, I'm guessing you've seen 4, 5, and 8.

4 - I'm not so sure
5 - seems familiar
8 - you'd think I'd see it, but I know there's about 4 John Candy films that I've never seen

2 - seems like it'd be right up my alley and has familiarity, but I am blank on what it is

Reactions: caffeinated

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints, round one...

#1: Police investigating an exploded boat on a San Pedro pier discover 27 bodies and $91 million worth of drug money. The only survivors are a severely burned and very scared Hungarian and Verbal Kint, a crippled con-man. Reluctantly, Kint is pressured into explaining what happened on the boat. His story begins six weeks earlier, with five criminals being dragged into a lineup by New York police, and ends with the possible identification of a criminal mastermind.

#2: Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American," is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret soldier hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

#3: Three British social outcasts - two geeks and a cynic - encounter a bizarre situation at their local pub. The story follows them as they attempt to navigate and resolve a chronological conundrum that they have unwittingly stumbled into.

#4: The commercial vessel Nostromo receives a distress call from an unexplored planet. After searching for survivors, the crew heads home only to realize that a deadly bioform has joined them.

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_104_1-4.jpg

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    ... sounds like a joke in there somewhere ... :blink:

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

caffeinated

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    Hints part II:

#5: A sweeping story of the battle of good against evil is told through an anthology of short, animated films about a glowing green orb, (the Loc-Nar), that is the personification of ultimate evil in the universe. This 1981 film's tales are based loosely on stories from an American sci-fi/fantasy comic magazine that got its start in 1977.

#6: After hearing a popular DJ rail against yuppies, a madman carries out a massacre in a popular New York bar. Dejected and remorseful, the DJ strikes up a friendship with Parry, a former professor who became unhinged and then homeless after witnessing his wife's violent death in the bar shooting. The DJ seeks redemption by helping Parry in his quest to recover an item that he believes is the Holy Grail, and to win the heart of the woman he loves.

#7: A washed up actor tries to reclaim his fame on Broadway with a new play. As this is happening, he has to deal with a pretentious new co-star, and work to rekindle his relationship with his daughter. But most importantly, he has to escape the shadow of the superhero he used to play in films.

#8: Jack Chester, an overworked air traffic controller, takes his family on vacation to the beach. Things immediately start to go wrong for the Chesters, and steadily get worse. Jack ends up in a feud with a local yachtsman, and has to race him to regain his pride and his family's respect.

Answers coming Wednesday night...

movie-quiz_104_5-8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread