Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ready...
Set...
Quiz!

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. (Which will probably be pretty frequently, considering how much Nichole has been flooding the forum with new threads lately.)

Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_107.jpg

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
1 - I'm pretty sure
2 - I'd need google to have better idea
3 - Mostly clueless
4 - Know it
5 - Pretty sure I know it
6 - Mostly clueless
7 - Easy peasy
8 - Partially to mostly clueless

So, 1, 4 and 7 are the ones I'm sure of and pretty sure I could get 5 if it were multiple choice.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Feel like I should know #1 'cause of FantWriter's comment about the easy clue (but I'd say the same about #5 ;))...

I'm not positive about #5 because I watched several movies with the same actress in one day, and they all kind of ran together in my mind. I'm pretty sure which one it was, but I'd hate to put money on it.

#3 is going to drive me crazy. I know I've never seen it, but I should be able to name the actor on the left, and I just can't. It's like trying to get a ball from under the sofa -- I can touch it but can't quite get a grip on it.

Last edited:

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not positive about #5 because I watched several movies with the same actress in one day, and they all kind of ran together in my mind. I'm pretty sure which one it was, but I'd hate to put money on it.

#3 is going to drive me crazy. I know I've never seen it, but I should be able to name the actor on the left, and I just can't. It's like trying to get a ball from under the sofa -- I can touch it but can't quite get a grip on it.

I already sneaked in a clue about #5, but I'll add that the actor from #3 has a name that doubles as a narrow inlet of the sea. Good actor, but I haven't seen #3 either--only know it through pop culture osmosis.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I already sneaked in a clue about #5, but I'll add that the actor from #3 has a name that doubles as a narrow inlet of the sea.

#5 -- the pertinent word is in all the titles I'm thinking of.

#3 -- nice try, but I'm not falling for it. There's no way that's Harrison Fjord!

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints......

#1: In this classic 1948 thriller, two young men strangle their "inferior" classmate, hide his body in their apartment, and invite his friends and family to a dinner party as a means to challenge the "perfection" of their crime.

#2: Nick and Amy Dunne are a couple living in a small town in Missouri. Nick calls the authorities when his wife goes missing, but something is off about his behavior. Is he hiding something? Is he sad or distraught enough? While the police continue their investigation, Nick is battling a media frenzy and the people who believe his innocence is dwindling by the minute.

#3: An elite, secret British spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

#4: Bored suburban housewife Roberta passes the time following the progress of a free-spirited New York City drifter named Susan, who regularly contacts her boyfriend through the personal ads in the newspaper. She heads off to New York following one of the ads, accidentally gets hit on the head, and wakes up with amnesia. She is soon mistaken for Susan, and becomes unwittingly entangled in a web of trouble.

Hope these helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread