Status
Not open for further replies.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I had all but the Remo Williams... Thanks for the fun. I dont know why I never noticed this thread before, I love movies.

I agree my friend. I love movies that I REMEMBER & like, such as .....LOST.....DOMINION (cancelled).....Star trek: Deep Space Nine....Star Trek The Next Generation, Voyager, The Enterprise (cancelled)....The Completely Twilightzone series (1959-1964)....Oz...

I know, I know. They are not movies per say. But if you watch them a series back to back without commercial interruptions, it sure feels like one.

As far as real movies go, while somewhat dated and not exactly oscar winning material, I still consider it apart of my collection.

SLC Punk

Stu Ungar: High Roller was another fav of mine.

RhP

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Used to love Lost until the ABC Afterschool special of a finale. Now I love to hate on Lost.

My favorite films of all time are (in order)

1. JFK
1. Schindler's List
3. Brazil
4. The Player
5. Apocalypse Now
6. Reservoir Dogs

If any of these appear on Movie Quiz and I don't get them, please send me to the place at the very end of Lost, so I can step outside and talk with Ben about why we're outside, while Sayid and others are laughing it up inside and Michael is nowhere to be found.

Reactions: FantWriter

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
The only one I can for sure remember seeing is #4.

That reminds me of the old announcement: "If you see only one movie this year . . . you should get out more."

I'd hate to have to list my favorite movies -- there's about a 20-way tie for first.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I'd hate to have to list my favorite movies -- there's about a 20-way tie for first.

That's actually why I have a list. Got tired of saying, "that's my favorite movie" and realizing that I say that about 20 films. The list helps me realize what I truly like in a movie, and why. There are many times I question my top 2 choices, given how much I adore say #3 or other films. But every time I watch them, I feel (strongly) that I have made the right choice. Hadn't seen Schindler's List in almost 10 years and rewatched it recently and was consistently like, "yep, this deserves to be at the tip top of my list. It is that great."

I also like that my top 2 films are with regards to 2 pivotal (albeit dark) moments in 20th century history.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
My favorite films of all time are (in order)
1. JFK
1. Schindler's List
3. Brazil

4. The Player
5. Apocalypse Now
6. Reservoir Dogs
Titles in red have appeared in previous movie quizzes. Some of them more than once.

I can't really say that I have a specific favorite movie. But, like you guys, I have a pool of maybe 20 or so that are fully qualified to sort of rotate into that "favorite" position at any given time. Right now, for no discernible reason, I'd probably say it's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Used to love Lost until the ABC Afterschool special of a finale. Now I love to hate on Lost.
<edited for brevity>
If any of these appear on Movie Quiz and I don't get them, please send me to the place at the very end of Lost, so I can step outside and talk with Ben about why we're outside, while Sayid and others are laughing it up inside and Michael is nowhere to be found.

What I don't get is how can the hatch implode yet the three folks trapped inside (desmond, eko, locke) somehow awake skattered around the island. heh

Michael is still trapped on the island, atoning for the murders he comitted. I presume, his boy is gonna help him reach that church one day. I think that's why Walt wasn't at the church either 'cuz he probably took over after Hurley 'n Ben died.
:D

RhP

Reactions: FantWriter

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
What I don't get is how can the hatch implode yet the three folks trapped inside (desmond, eko, locke) somehow awake skattered around the island. heh

If Jacob loves you, you can't die. Well sort of can't die.

Michael is still trapped on the island, atoning for the murders he comitted. I presume, his boy is gonna help him reach that church one day. I think that's why Walt wasn't at the church either 'cuz he probably took over after Hurley 'n Ben died.
:D

RhP

Sayid killed way many more people than Michael. Pretty sure Jack killed people on the island. And he defeated the almightly MIB with his bare hands. Well after Jacob had already killed the MIB when instructed (by the previous smoke monster) not to do that.

Reactions: RedhatPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread