Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
This week's quiz was inspired by a suggestion Jman8 made in a PM exchange we had recently. It's also the first themed quiz I've posted in at least a couple of years.

And the theme is: Costumes and disguises.

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

For what it's worth, I think this is one of the easiest quizzes I've posted in a long time. I guess we'll see if that turns out to be the case... :D

Good luck!

movie-quiz_109.jpg

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8

Not 100% sure on 7 cause if it's movie I'm thinking of, I've actually never seen it all the way thru.

5 - I could probably get with multiple choice or hint
1 - probably won't get with a hint, but guessing I've heard of it before

LOL, but the one I for sure suggested ain't even on the list. Though 2 of them are, which I like, very much.

I didn't suggest 3, and am surprised I'm the only one that knows it (so far)

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Upon reflection (and part of a night's sleep), I got 1 and 3! Haven't seen either one, but made a connection to native masks which reminded me of a commentary of 1 and remembered a review (very unfavorable) about 3.

First time I've ever gotten all of them! Wow! Never thought that would happen. :)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints, round 1:

#1: In post-Civil War Spain of 1944, the bookish, young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world where she meets a fairy who leads her to a maze in the woods. At the maze's center, they meet a faun who tells the girl that she is a princess from a kingdom in the underground. He also informs her that she needs to accomplish three gruesome, tough, and dangerous assignments.

#2: Mortimer and Randolph Duke are commodity brokers who enjoy a little wager now and then. For the latest bet, Randolph believes they can take a common criminal and make him a successful businessman in their company. The criminal, Billy Ray, is to be given the job and home of one of their top executives, Louis, who in turn is set up for crimes he didn't commit, to see if he resorts to crime once he's lost his rich environment and friends.

#3: The movie's title character is a troubled teenager who escapes death when a jet-engine crashes in his bedroom, because he follows a giant bunny leading him outside. The bunny, called Frank, tells him that the world will end in 28 days. As the final date comes closer and closer, the teen is drawn into an alarming series of events that may or may not be a product of growing insanity.

#4: When his secret bride is executed for assaulting an English soldier who tried to rape her, William Wallace begins a revolt and leads Scottish warriors against the cruel English tyrant who rules Scotland with an iron fist.

Hope these helped! :)

movie-quiz_109_1-4.jpg

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
#4: When his secret bride is executed for assaulting an English soldier who tried to rape her, William Wallace begins a revolt and leads Scottish warriors against the cruel English tyrant who rules Scotland with an iron fist.

So wait, it's not Die Hard?

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Super late to the party, but I actually got 'em all :ohmy:! (Playing on and off over the years, one of the only times that's ever happened.) Really glad that I didn't miss a quiz during my lengthy absence :sleep:.

I thought it was him! Man, Pauly Shore sure looked different back in the day.

Oh, he would decimate you--special delivery--with that beumb for that one, Jman :eek:!

revengepink.jpg

:p:facepalm:

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
First time I've ever gotten all of them! Wow! Never thought that would happen. :)
Nice! :thumb: (But don't get used to it. :D )

So wait, it's not Die Hard?
Heh, not quite. :laugh:

However, I have several friends who have made Die Hard a Christmas movie tradition, and I've done the same with my own family. Lately, I've read some posts on a couple of forums about other people who do this, and I'm curious if this is more common that I thought?

Super late to the party, but I actually got 'em all :ohmy:! (Playing on and off over the years, one of the only times that's ever happened.) Really glad that I didn't miss a quiz during my lengthy absence :sleep:.
Yeah, I'd noticed your absence, becky. I was hoping it wouldn't be quite as extended as the last one. :unsure:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
However, I have several friends who have made Die Hard a Christmas movie tradition, and I've done the same with my own family. Lately, I've read some posts on a couple of forums about other people who do this, and I'm curious if this is more common that I thought?

I haven't heard about that trend. Heard about the "Love Actually" CMas trend. I've not seen that, and when I've tried, it wasn't up my alley. Up for recommendations (from this thread for that film) though.

Me, I'm a "It's A Wonderful Life" annual viewer.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
We have a few Christmas season movies that we watch annually. Over the years, as our kids have grown, some have fallen by the wayside, only to be replaced with more age-appropriate movies. Anyway, here's what's on the list currently:

A Christmas Carol - The only version that's worth watching, IMO, from 1951 featuring Alastair Sim.
It's a Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation
Elf
Die Hard

This year, time permitting, we may add Brazil to the list.

Last edited:

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Deleted at OP's request

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015