Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 110. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_112.jpg

Reactions: FantWriter

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
#1 -- Absolute classic! Very powerful movie. At least half a dozen remakes in various countries. I think there's another remake pending!

Something tells me I should know #3, but it's just not clicking.

#4, #5 and #7 -- More classics!

#2, #6, and #8 -- Absolutely no idea. :( Wouldn't even know where to start looking.

Reactions: caffeinated

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
#1 -- Absolute classic! Very powerful movie. At least half a dozen remakes in various countries. I think there's another remake pending!

Based on this, I now am pretty sure on what #1 is. Not a for sure, but more than a maybe. Realized, what is at top of the picture which I think is very helpful clue. Hope I'm correct about that.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Based on this, I now am pretty sure on what #1 is. Not a for sure, but more than a maybe. Realized, what is at top of the picture which I think is very helpful clue. Hope I'm correct about that.

I hope you're not confusing it with the 1950s sci-fi classic: The Day the Earth Got Acne. I think there's only been two remakes of that one.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Got nothing. Recognize the actor in #2 and #5 but not the movies. Had a guess on #4 but now 99% sure I'm wrong as those 'props' do not come up in a search for the title. Lead actress does resemble her though so I can not post the title yet.

Previous quiz (109) was a bit easier, got three and would have got four if I had not scrolled down to the answers so fast. Doh! Is there a master list of movies in the old threads? Take a long time to work my way through another 108...

Last edited:

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I used to keep a list of the movies I'd used, but I went too long without updating it. At this point, bringing it up to date would require more time than I care to invest.

In the meantime, if you're interested, you can go to the main FSUSA page and type "movie quiz" in the search field to get access to all of the previous threads.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
I used to keep a list of the movies I'd used, but I went too long without updating it. At this point, bringing it up to date would require more time than I care to invest.

In the meantime, if you're interested, you can go to the main FSUSA page and type "movie quiz" in the search field to get access to all of the previous threads.

Will do! Took me well over a month to work my way through the two funny picture threads after I found them. First was quicker than the second due to all the 'red Xs'...

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Will do! Took me well over a month to work my way through the two funny picture threads after I found them. First was quicker than the second due to all the 'red Xs'...
I haven't visited that first funny pics thread in a very long time, but I'm pretty sure that most of my posts in there should still be available. Although, now that I think about it, I may have removed a bunch of the larger animated gif files to free up some server space.

Regarding this thread: I'll get the first set of hints posted this evening.

Reactions: FantWriter

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints!

#1: In this 1954 classic, a veteran warrior, who has fallen on hard times, answers a village's request for protection from bandits. He gathers six comrades to help him, and they teach the townspeople how to defend themselves. The film culminates in a giant battle when 40 bandits attack the village.

#2: Based on a Dennis Lehane novel, this film tells the story of two Boston area private detectives who investigate a little girl's kidnapping. The investigation uncovers a situation that ultimately turns into a crisis for them, both professionally and personally.

#3:
I don't even know how to post a hint for this one that won't just be a dead giveaway. Ugh... here goes: That's Adrian in the screenshot, a painfully shy, plain-Jane, neighborhood girl who works in a pet store. Her boyfriend is a struggling boxer who is presented with the opportunity of a lifetime.

#4: In the 41st century, a highly sexual, futuristic astronaut (the movie's title character, played by Jane Fonda), is assigned with finding and stopping the evil Durand-Durand. Along the way, she teams up with a blind angel named Pygar, and battles the Black Queen along with various sexual torture devices.

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_112_1-4.jpg

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky

I guess this means you're going to have to start picking older movie which you probably haven't used before, right? Right? Hint, hint, hint. ;)

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I've got all except 2 and 6.

Have seen 2 I think, but can't recall the title.

Have not seen 6, made a guess based on the actor and checked, but it was another VM role. Now I want to see it, so it's off to Netflix for me. :)

Just finished streaming #6. Worth seeing. About the same caliber or higher than A History of Violence. It's not that film, but that was a hint.

Last edited:

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Had a guess on #4 but now 99% sure I'm wrong as those 'props' do not come up in a search for the title.

Popped into my head yesterday at work! Can now reveal my first guess was Saturn 3. Probably the worst movie I ever paid to see at a theater. Still remember someone behind me as everyone was leaving loudly exclaiming "God what a crappy movie!" Though he used a stronger word... Never seen #4, just trailers and clips but it was very well known in its day.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Hints!

#1: In this 1954 classic, a veteran warrior, who has fallen on hard times, answers a village's request for protection from bandits. He gathers six comrades to help him, and they teach the townspeople how to defend themselves. The film culminates in a giant battle when 40 bandits attack the village.

Are you sure it is six comrades? The picture only shows 3. So, I think it's just 2 comrades.

Final answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread