Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 96. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_98.jpg

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
#6, for example, I've seen a couple of times but that was quite a while back. However, I did some thinking and realized what everybody was sitting on. :)

I guess I could probably figure out most older movies because I'd recognize the actors and could narrow it down from there (not always easy, a lot of actors back in the day were in 200+ movies).

I tried to figure out # 6, but Googling "hippies" and "brightly painted WWII ship mines" didn't lead me anywhere. Sigh!
:)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
#1: A poignant theme that comes up a couple of times in this 2004 Pixar movie is the idea that when everyone's special (or "super"), no one is.

#2: Perhaps naming some of the more the familiar cast members will help you identify this 1968 film. In the screenshot, Jack Nicholson is on the left and Peter Fonda is on the right. Riding next to them is Dennis Hopper. After arriving in New Orleans, (without Nicholson's character), they get together with a couple of prostitutes played by Karen Black and Toni Basil.

#3: First off, the title of this oddball sci-fi/horror/comedy from 2013 is a lie. Most viewers, myself included, would probably only recognize two of the featured actors: Paul Giamatti and Clancy Brown. I'm having a particularly hard time coming up with worthwhile clues for this one... It involves the two main characters, (and several others), ingesting a drug called "Soy Sauce" that alters time, space, and dimensions, but also renders the user no longer fully human.

#4: You'll spot numerous familiar faces in this 1984 Barry Levinson film, and most of them are probably younger than you'd expect. Left to right in the screenshot, we have: Kevin Bacon, Mickey Rourke, Daniel Stern, and Tim Daly. Other main-character actors not pictured: Steve Guttenberg, Ellen Barkin, and Paul Riser.

Hope these help!

movie-quiz_98_1-4.jpg

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    The messianic figure in #6 is kind of oblivious to his audience and the man playing him, although he has an extensive acting career, is actually best known for his work in another medium.

As to #3, I don't know what to say about it either except that I was somewhat familiar with the book and it's pretty out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread