Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Re-posting quiz image for easy page three reference...

movie-quiz_98.jpg

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hey! It's hints-n-clues time!

#5: Quentin Tarantino was one of the executive producers, as well as a creative assistant for this 1993, drug-addled, bank heist movie. Eric Stoltz, (on the left in the screenshot), plays Zed, an American safe cracker. He travels to Paris to help an old friend and his cohorts pull off a Bastille Day robbery. Julie Delpy, on the right, plays the movie's title character.

#6: That's the Bally Table King standing atop a hill of silver balls at his Holiday Camp, where followers are getting excitement at his feet."How do you think he does it?" you might ask. I don't know. :D

#7: In this 1988 dystopian future film, a company called Omni Consumer Products (OCP) is taking over all facets of running the city of Detroit, including launching what they call "The Future of Law Enforcement." Their plan is to rebuild Old Detroit, and christen it Delta City. Peter Weller's character - whose mechanical legs are prominent in the screenshot - aims to expose OCP's corruption and criminal activity, and bring the guilty parties to justice.

#8: To me, Martin Scorsese films with Leonardo DiCaprio have been consistently great. (OK, so maybe Shutter Island wasn't exactly great, but it was rather good.) In fact, this is so often the case that I no longer even care what the story is about - I'm going to see the movie anyway, regardless. (Much like Scorsese's films with Robert De Niro used to be.) Anyway, this 2013 movie is the latest of those collaborations, and DiCaprio, on the ground in the screenshot, shows off his considerable acting chops here to great effect.

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_98_5-8.jpg

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Answer time!

#1: The Incredibles
A poignant theme that comes up a couple of times in this 2004 Pixar movie is the idea that when everyone's special (or "super"), no one is.

the-incredibles_3_sm.jpg

#2: Easy Rider
Perhaps naming some of the more the familiar cast members will help you identify this 1968 film. In the screenshot, Jack Nicholson is on the left and Peter Fonda is on the right. Riding next to them is Dennis Hopper. After arriving in New Orleans, (without Nicholson's character), they get together with a couple of prostitutes played by Karen Black and Toni Basil.

easy-rider_4_sm.jpg

#3: John Dies at the End
First off, the title of this oddball sci-fi/horror/comedy from 2013 is a lie. Most viewers, myself included, would probably only recognize two of the featured actors: Paul Giamatti and Clancy Brown. I'm having a particularly hard time coming up with worthwhile clues for this one... It involves the two main characters, (and several others), ingesting a drug called "Soy Sauce" that alters time, space, and dimensions, but also renders the user no longer fully human.

john-dies-at-the-end_2_sm.jpg

#4: Diner
You'll spot numerous familiar faces in this 1984 Barry Levinson film, and most of them are probably younger than you'd expect. Left to right in the screenshot, we have: Kevin Bacon, Mickey Rourke, Daniel Stern, and Tim Daly. Other main-character actors not pictured: Steve Guttenberg, Ellen Barkin, and Paul Reiser.

diner_4_sm.jpg

#5: Killing Zoe
Quentin Tarantino was one of the executive producers, as well as a creative assistant for this 1993, drug-addled, bank heist movie. Eric Stoltz, (on the left in the screenshot), plays Zed, an American safe cracker. He travels to Paris to help an old friend and his cohorts pull off a Bastille Day robbery. Julie Delpy, on the right, plays the movie's title character.

killing-zoe_1_sm.jpg

#6: Tommy
That's the Bally Table King standing atop a hill of silver balls at his Holiday Camp, where followers are getting excitement at his feet."How do you think he does it?" you might ask. I don't know.

tommy_5_sm.jpg

#7: Robocop
In this 1988 dystopian future film, a company called Omni Consumer Products (OCP) is taking over all facets of running the city of Detroit, including launching what they call "The Future of Law Enforcement." Their plan is to rebuild Old Detroit, and christen it Delta City. Peter Weller's character - whose mechanical legs are prominent in the screenshot - aims to expose OCP's corruption and criminal activity, and bring the guilty parties to justice.

robocop_4_sm.jpg

#8: The Wolf of Wall Street
To me, Martin Scorsese films with Leonardo DiCaprio have been consistently great. (OK, so maybe Shutter Island wasn't exactly great, but it was rather good.) In fact, this is so often the case that I no longer even care what the story is about - I'm going to see the movie anyway, regardless. (Much like Scorsese's films with Robert De Niro used to be.) Anyway, this 2013 movie is the latest of those collaborations, and DiCaprio, on the ground in the screenshot, shows off his considerable acting chops here to great effect.

the-wolf-of-wall-street_3_sm.jpg

As always, thanks for playing, guys! :)

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I knew 2 and 5.

I figured out 1 from the clue.

I've seen 4, 6, and 7, but I remember so little about them that I'd never recognize any screenshots (well, maybe a picture of 7's title character, but nothing else).

Thanks for the quiz!

Keep 'em coming!

Added Note: For those who haven't seen # 5 -- Killing Zoe (1993), I've heard it described as being an edgy version of Reservoir Dogs. (1992). :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread