• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moving to Canada? (worried)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I don't think you'd have problems right now as long as you don't have too much juice, but I'm not sure the situation will be the same at the end of the year. The government is currently planning new vaping regulations. We don't know what they'll be or when they'll be enacted, but it's likely things will change before long.

well yeah you might be right. But hopefully any new law will only affect juice and not hardware. And i am not worried about juice (although I am going to leave around half a liter of 50mg VG bind :facepalm:). To be honest i am not willing to give up any of my high end mods even if i stop vaping all together lol.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
well yeah you might be right. But hopefully any new law will only affect juice and not hardware. And i am not worried about juice (although I am going to leave around half a liter of 50mg VG bind :facepalm:). To be honest i am not willing to give up any of my high end mods even if i stop vaping all together lol.

I hope things won't be too bad. The current government is more amenable to harm reduction than the previous one, but there's a lot of pressure from the tobacco lobby and the Heart and Lung Association anti-vapists so it's hard to tell.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but heaven only knows what we'll end up with. I certainly hope you'll be fine bringing them in.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Hi friends. I guess some people know me, and some don't, and i hope this is the place where i can ask my questions.

I have been amassing a huge collection of mods and atties throughout the years, and by end of this year I might move permanently from Greece to Canada. Now the question is, what can i bring in? Can i even bring in anything? I have around 10 high end mods and atties that must come with me. Other things can be sold. They are mainly bottom feeding wood (pdib) or metal (CC) mods. A number of bottom fed atomizers. If you have any information, links or advice on how to do this please let me know. They are really collectibles more than being electronic cigarettes in the classical sense, you know how it is.

Also a minor question regarding nicotine, can i at least bring in enough for a week then buy locally?

Thanks a lot guys, and sorry for if this kind of topics does not belong here.
Just hide your vape gear in your dog sled underneath your snowshoes. You will be fine. When you get to your igloo you will have to club some seals for heating oil so your vape juice don't freeze. :) :) CHEERS!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Why not just mail some of your mods to yourself when you leave? I have had GP Paps, Gus and Atmomixani all ship me mods from Europe (mostly Greece) and even opened/inspected packages came thru to me no problem. I would worry that a bunch of tube mods would look like explosives on an airport X Ray is all....

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
959fff6a2e3d02c632982e44d522446d.jpg

Sent via iPhone
There's a new test. To become a citizen you have to show you can drive a snowmobile very fast while drinking a beer.

Reactions: Rossum

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I have nothing further to add but just wanted to say....When you get here... Welcome to Canada!

Lol Thanks buddy.

Well I have read some more and since nicotine is handled by health canada, I think it is better not to bring at all me thinks.

The difference between someone traveling casually and someone landing the first time as an immigrant, is that there are forms to fill and i have to mention everything with me. So i think if they read anything having the word nicotine, they will probably say it should go to health canada "for inspection". Although i don't mind them taking the juice, why bother with that hassle. I have looked at some articles, and devices with no juice have no "drug" goods connotation at all, at least as far as i have read.

The question is can i stay 2 days without vaping? lol

Reactions: sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I would leave the nic and juice behind. I'd wrap all my gear up and separate the batteries from the gear and have all the batteries in cases. Leave behind anything that looks like it could be used for "that other stuff" like some of the epipes. Don't give customs any reason to flag you and search, they might anyway but yet they might not. I'm not sure about carry on for a plane but with all the terrorism going on they could consider metal tubes in your luggage a threat, depends on the guard. If you have receipts for the gear I would have it handy just incase you have to prove its yours and that you just didn't buy it recently to resell.
Vaping is such a grey area in Canada and now with regulations coming down things could change overnight, we just don't know. Its pretty well a roll of the dice at the border for your gear and hope you get a border guard that is understands vaping not one thats had a bad day or against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aal_

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Only thing you may potentially have problems with is the nicotine and 18650 batteries as we have very strict shipping laws when it comes to shipping lithium batteries here.

Mind if I ask where in Canada you are moving to?

Most probably Toronto. I have decided i will not get any nicotine. as for 18650's i will carry them in my hand luggage, i don't think there should be a problem.

Then again I don't think the move will happen anytime before end of this year, we might have lots of new laws by then.

I will start however selling most of my unused mods, lighten the burden a bit :D

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Here's a thought, When your ready to leave, try mailing the Nic juice to Canada & see if it makes thru Customs? It wouldn't be the first time some thing ,made it in to Canada that wasn't suppose to :)

There are literally hundreds of vape shops in Toronto now, So once your here it shouldn't be hard to find any thing you mite need :)

Reactions: Aal_

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Lol Thanks buddy.

Well I have read some more and since nicotine is handled by health canada, I think it is better not to bring at all me thinks.

The difference between someone traveling casually and someone landing the first time as an immigrant, is that there are forms to fill and i have to mention everything with me. So i think if they read anything having the word nicotine, they will probably say it should go to health canada "for inspection". Although i don't mind them taking the juice, why bother with that hassle. I have looked at some articles, and devices with no juice have no "drug" goods connotation at all, at least as far as i have read.

The question is can i stay 2 days without vaping? lol
Order some stuff to where you are staying before you arrive. More than a few good nic and gear vendors that can ship so your stuff is waiting for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread