Moving Up to a Box Mod - Battery Help

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Nihilamortem, Jan 4, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nihilamortem

Nihilamortem Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    My friend Panda (yes, that is his real name. We make fun of him constantly) bought me the Kanger Nebox Starter Kit for Christmas, looks sleek as hell, and I've just about finished setting it up.

He walked me through everything, building the RBA, Ohm's Law, etc, but there's one thing I can't quite figure out. Do I need to wrap the 18650? It came with wrap, but some sites online make it look like you need to wrap it, some sites say you don't, and I'm very confused.

Thanks,
    nihilamortem

2. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    No need wrap the battery unless the wrap that came on the battery is damaged

Eskie and Falco78 like this.
  3. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    No need to wrap if there aren't any tears in the existing wrap (a new battery should of course not have tears). What battery did you get?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Falco78 likes this.
  4. Falco78

Falco78 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    It is well covered with responses above. Unless it is damaged you'd be wasting your time

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

5. Nihilamortem

Nihilamortem Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    That's what I thought, thanks.

6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    18650s come with a plastic wrap, if the wrap becomes damaged then it needs replacing.
    This is because apart from the raised positive terminal on the top, the entire rest of the case is the negative terminal. The wrap electrically isolates this except for the small exposed section at the base.

7. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd still like to know what batteries you have. Just to make sure that they're good for vaping and the wattage you're at. And in that regard, what wattage do you vape at?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

8. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    the "wrap" the kangers come with are 4 single strips, not full battery wraps... you can use them to repair damage or hide the colours of the batteries through the vent holes... or make the batteries distinctive for age. i put the single wraps on married(paired new batteries) in the same locations on each set, so i can tell which pair belongs together.

Stosh likes this.