• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

MPP backed petition against Bill 45! Sign here ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatigu

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Toronto, On, Canada
I email bombed all of the MPPs in Ontario and finally got an email back from someone!
Here is the link to the petition: Stop Bill 45 from banning Vaporizers - Randy Hillier MPP
This is the text of the petition:
To the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:

Whereas, electronic cigarettes, more accurately known as vaporizers, are between 95 and 99% cleaner than smoking tobacco;

And Whereas electronic cigarettes are not a tobacco product, but rather a tobacco replacement therapy for those wishing to quit smoking, and a significant contributor to tobacco harm reduction in Ontario;

And Whereas there is no scientific or medical evidence indicating that vaping causes inhalable exposure to contaminants that warrants health concerns;

We, the undersigned, petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario as follows:

That the Government of Ontario abandon Schedule 3 of Bill 45 ‘Electronic Cigarettes Act, 2014’.

Body of the email I received

Freedom of Choice

Once again this Liberal Government is restricting your freedom to make healthy choices for yourself. Disguising it as the “Making Healthy Choices Act”, Schedule 3 of this Act will in fact drive people away from healthier choices and back to tobacco.

Many thousands of people have successfully quit smoking thanks to vaporizers, or “e-cigs” as they are sometimes called. Between 95 and 99% cleaner than cigarettes, there is no scientific or medical evidence that suggests vaporizers cause inhalable exposure to contaminants or warrant any health concerns - yet this government would like to regulate them as they do with tobacco and alcohol.

You Can Participate

Bill 45 is having Public Hearings in Toronto on Monday, April 20 and Wednesday, April 22, 2015.

To make an in-person presentation to the Bill, or provide a testimonial contact the Clerk of the Committee at 416-325-3515 or by email at sprzezdziecki@ola.org by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 15 April 2015.

If you cannot appear before the committee, you may still submit written comments via the Clerk’s office at 416-325-3515 or by email at sprzezdziecki@ola.org by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22, 2015.

Petition

I have also prepared a petition opposing this bill, which can be found here. There is also a downloadable/printable version of the petition available at that link. If the link doesn’t work for you, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser’s address bar:
Stop Bill 45 from banning Vaporizers - Randy Hillier MPP

Be Heard!

This is your opportunity to be heard- get your submission into the Committee while we still have an opportunity to influence the decision makers. Make sure you are heard.

Also, contact the Premier and the Ministry of Health and share your views with them, and encourage your friends and family to do the same:

Premier Kathleen Wynne
Ph: 416-325-1941
Email: premier@ontario.ca

Minister of Health Hoskins
Ph: 416-327-4300
Email: ehoskins.mpp@liberal.ola.org

Associate Minister of Health Damerla
Ph: 416-327-4300
Email: ddamerla.mpp@liberal.ola.org

Please let me know the Premier and the Ministers have heard from you by copying me at info@randyhillier.com

Sincerely,
Randy Hillier

Reactions: Heavyrocker

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Yes, thank-you for this.
Got a form letter back from my MP yesterday in response to an e-mail I'd sent regarding bill 45.
It didn't even mention ecigs in the letter only tobacco bs. I was p......d, they prolly didn't even read it.
And I told 'em so in so many words.
Fired off a couple more that were even more specific and graphic than the first, for him to "not read".
Was polite, but pulled no punches. Friggin' bstrds. Cheers.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
+1

Canadians, speak up!

screenshot_432.jpg

Vatigu

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Toronto, On, Canada
It's already passed committee we'll find out what they changed if anything Monday - the petition does require ontario residents - but it's irrelevant it was basically ignored Randy submitted it Tuesday. Randy Hillier did a stellar job of defending vaping at the hearings but unfortunately the liberals will do what they please.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
is not 180 smokes already operating out of TO and isn't this a ecig company founded by a cardiac surgeon who presented at a discussion by the dept of health. I actually purchased a few little bottles of 180 smokes juice here in Nova Scotia and NS is usually the last place in North America to get anything new. There are at least 5 B&M stores within a ten mile radius of me, so I am thinking Vaping is alive and well, I even saw a few ecigs and some juice sitting next to the pharmacy at one little store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread