Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inmytaxi

Feb 10, 2013
United States
My adv is green apple from MBV. I have tried two of the 236mg bottles and both are bad. I have let the first bottle steep for 6 weeks now. There has to be a difference in the mixing process. The 30ml bottles are great. Mbv gave me a store credit and I ordered 10 of the 30ml green apple bottles. Usually I can vape right out of the box but not these. Its so frustrating to have all these bottles and none I can enjoy vaping. Any ideas???

I found the same thing ... the big bottles don't seem to taste the same. Anyone else?

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey All: I made a pretty substantial order from Mt Baker this is my second from them it has been a while since the last. I made this order after reading what others liked and how they had it adjusted to their taste buds. I had Extra Flavor Shots to Every 30ml Bottle except the Gwar Flavors.

I found that many of the Flavors are Very Perfume in Taste and Smell some being quite offensive. It's so bad I contacted Mt Baker. Their Rep Terry says I need to let it steep up to four weeks or more and maybe Longer with the Larger Bottles and Flavor Shots. So, it looks like it will have to sit a while before I can partake of it.

I would like to know if others have found this with some of their Mt Baker Flavors? If so, did the Steeping Process Cure their Problems? I can be patient I have plenty of other juices to keep me busy. I just don't want to find out that there is something with my batch that steeping wont help with!??

Any input from Y'all would be most appreciated!

Thanks
Skullman {:{}

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base

~ Hey All: I made a pretty substantial order from Mt Baker this is my second from them it has been a while since the last. I made this order after reading what others liked and how they had it adjusted to their taste buds. I had Extra Flavor Shots to Every 30ml Bottle except the Gwar Flavors.

I found that many of the Flavors are Very Perfume in Taste and Smell some being quite offensive. It's so bad I contacted Mt Baker. Their Rep Terry says I need to let it steep up to four weeks or more and maybe Longer with the Larger Bottles and Flavor Shots. So, it looks like it will have to sit a while before I can partake of it.

I would like to know if others have found this with some of their Mt Baker Flavors? If so, did the Steeping Process Cure their Problems? I can be patient I have plenty of other juices to keep me busy. I just don't want to find out that there is something with my batch that steeping wont help with!??

Any input from Y'all would be most appreciated!

Thanks
Skullman {:{}
I've found Mt Baker to be very inconsistent. I don't want to sound negative, but steeping never made much difference with this particular company. I've ordered many of their flavors over the past few years, and there were a few I liked. Most of them were downright awful, which is a shame because they have great prices. I like their Cinnamon Roll, Moo Juice, Blue Moo, and Butterscotch candy. But their eliquid doesn't keep well, it starts tasting musty to me. I did notice their prices on hardware went way way down, and they ship fast.
I hope this helped.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
I should add that I order all my eliquid in a 50/50 blend, with 3 or 4 flavor shots added. I've gone down to 6mg nicotine, but that's SubOhm vaping, which really intensifies the hit.

Good point. I was surprised to say the least when I first made the switch to my sub-tank. The 18mg nic was way too much. I feel like 6mg on a typical tube stick is the equivalent of 6mg on a sub-ohm setup.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
While I've yet to sample anything from MBV, the ability to cheaply add multiple flavor shots intrigues me. I feel it's a great idea, and that alone makes me want to give the vendor a chance.
Try to stick with their bestselling flavors, and definitely read the reviews on each flavor. The flavors I mentioned are pretty good, and they're all bestsellers. You really need the extra flavor shots, and they aren't expensive. I just couldn't hang with Mt Baker after I'd been vaping awhile...but that's me. If it gets someone off cigarettes, that's the main thing. I know Skully just ordered from my favorite place, and I know he'll notice the difference in quality...

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Good point. I was surprised to say the least when I first made the switch to my sub-tank. The 18mg nic was way too much. I feel like 6mg on a typical tube stick is the equivalent of 6mg on a sub-ohm setup.
18mg on SubOhm would go to my head, lol. I started off on 30 - 24mg to kick my two pack a day habit. I'm glad I was finally able to go down to 6mg nicotine, because eliquid tastes better with less, too.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Extreme Soda - Decent mountain dew type flavor. 3.5/5
Vanishing Oatmeal Treat - Really tasty oatmeal cookie juice. But gets really funky tasting after it's been around awhile. 4.5/5
Mango Tea - Tastes like mango tea, which is good, but turns out vaping isn't a good delivery method for that flavor, so it's kinda really super ....ing gross. 1/5

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
~ Hey StarreLabelle: Well Girl, I'm finding that out right now! I'm hoping steeping will help but I'm worried with some of these flavors. Very perfume smell and taste!?? I ordered some of their Premuim eLiquid the Gwar Fluids. Take for instance Bloodbath suppose to be Fruity but even this eJuice which is suppose to be Good Right out of the Bottle no Steeping has the same perfume notes to it!?? I've been playing around with wattage Like Clark over at NicOTicket said to try with their eLiquid and I did find less perfume at higher watts 17 to 20 watts but then lost some of the flavor? LR and Sub Ohm.

I'm not a big fan of pastry, cookie cake kinda flavors so I have no experience. I did go with higher VG something has been working for me over time and experience. I also have dropped Nic down to 12, 16 for Tobacco & Menthol and down to 6 on Fruits & Flavors. Yes, better Flavor Lower Nic!

I purchased about a dozen flavors from them about a year ago at standard 50/50 mix no added shots and they seemed OK not as Flavorful as I like but I did not experience Perfume Taste!? So this time around I thought I would Up the anty and I'm wondering if these added Flavor Shots have something to do with it?

I did pick Quite a Few of Their Popular Flavors that had Good Reviews but Yet they are All Over Powering Perfume in Smell and Taste!?? The Hawk Juice, Faux Hawk, Thawed Sauce, Thug Juice and Solar Flare all Very Much Perfume??? Same for the Qwar Fluids! But then Tanked up Raspberry Lemonade and Razzle Dazzle and they Seem Fine!?? So What is Going on Here? I averaged about 3 Flavor Shots per Bottle and ordered all 30ml Bottles, 20 Bottles Worth! The Rest of the Flavors are Standard Fruits, Rootbeer, Cotton Candy and Absinthe. I got them for mixing.

I Really Hope I Did Not End Up with a Bunch of eJuice That Will Sit in The Back of a Drawer! Not something I would have thought from reading all the reviews?

Anyone else having a Like Experience with their Recent Order?

Skully {:{}

I've found Mt Baker to be very inconsistent. I don't want to sound negative, but steeping never made much difference with this particular company. I've ordered many of their flavors over the past few years, and there were a few I liked. Most of them were downright awful, which is a shame because they have great prices. I like their Cinnamon Roll, Moo Juice, Blue Moo, and Butterscotch candy. But their eliquid doesn't keep well, it starts tasting musty to me. I did notice their prices on hardware went way way down, and they ship fast.
I hope this helped.

I should add that I order all my eliquid in a 50/50 blend, with 3 or 4 flavor shots added. I've gone down to 6mg nicotine, but that's SubOhm vaping, which really intensifies the hit.

While I've yet to sample anything from MBV, the ability to cheaply add multiple flavor shots intrigues me. I feel it's a great idea, and that alone makes me want to give the vendor a chance.

Try to stick with their bestselling flavors, and definitely read the reviews on each flavor. The flavors I mentioned are pretty good, and they're all bestsellers. You really need the extra flavor shots, and they aren't expensive. I just couldn't hang with Mt Baker after I'd been vaping awhile...but that's me. If it gets someone off cigarettes, that's the main thing. I know Skully just ordered from my favorite place, and I know he'll notice the difference in quality...

18mg on SubOhm would go to my head, lol. I started off on 30 - 24mg to kick my two pack a day habit. I'm glad I was finally able to go down to 6mg nicotine, because eliquid tastes better with less, too.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
~ Hey StarreLabelle: Well Girl, I'm finding that out right now! I'm hoping steeping will help but I'm worried with some of these flavors. Very perfume smell and taste!?? I ordered some of their Premuim eLiquid the Gwar Fluids. Take for instance Bloodbath suppose to be Fruity but even this eJuice which is suppose to be Good Right out of the Bottle no Steeping has the same perfume notes to it!?? I've been playing around with wattage Like Clark over at NicOTicket said to try with their eLiquid and I did find less perfume at higher watts 17 to 20 watts but then lost some of the flavor? LR and Sub Ohm.

I'm not a big fan of pastry, cookie cake kinda flavors so I have no experience. I did go with higher VG something has been working for me over time and experience. I also have dropped Nic down to 12, 16 for Tobacco & Menthol and down to 6 on Fruits & Flavors. Yes, better Flavor Lower Nic!

I purchased about a dozen flavors from them about a year ago at standard 50/50 mix no added shots and they seemed OK not as Flavorful as I like but I did not experience Perfume Taste!? So this time around I thought I would Up the anty and I'm wondering if these added Flavor Shots have something to do with it?

I did pick Quite a Few of Their Popular Flavors that had Good Reviews but Yet they are All Over Powering Perfume in Smell and Taste!?? The Hawk Juice, Faux Hawk, Thawed Sauce, Thug Juice and Solar Flare all Very Much Perfume??? Same for the Qwar Fluids! But then Tanked up Raspberry Lemonade and Razzle Dazzle and they Seem Fine!?? So What is Going on Here? I averaged about 3 Flavor Shots per Bottle and ordered all 30ml Bottles, 20 Bottles Worth! The Rest of the Flavors are Standard Fruits, Rootbeer, Cotton Candy and Absinthe. I got them for mixing.

I Really Hope I Did Not End Up with a Bunch of eJuice That Will Sit in The Back of a Drawer! Not something I would have thought from reading all the reviews?

Hi Skully, I think the extra flavor shots are what cause the perfumy taste. I get mine without them and they taste fine to me but no, the flavor is not super overpowering, it's more subtle.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey Puff2K: I'm thinking it too but I haven't heard from anyone experiencing the same and it seems many many Folks go with the extra flavor shots! The extra Flavor shots don't make the flavor over powering just more pronounced so I don't know what to think? And I'm pretty much in line with others with how many shots i went with with the particular flavors. I did contact Mt Baker they said i need to let em steep. I will follow their directions but if it doesn't clear up there has to be something wrong! I have Never experienced this with the May Flavors i have tried with dozens and Dozens of eLiquid vendors!

Edit: Have You Puff2K tried any of the flavors I have listed in my previous email? Did you need to steep or were they good right out of the bottle?

Hi Skully, I think the extra flavor shots are what cause the perfumy taste. I get mine without them and they taste fine to me but no, the flavor is not super overpowering, it's more subtle.

Last edited:

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA

~ Hey Puff2K: I'm thinking it too but I haven't heard from anyone experiencing the same and it seems many many Folks go with the extra flavor shots! The extra Flavor shots don't make the flavor over powering just more pronounced so I don't know what to think? And I'm pretty much in line with others with how many shots i went with with the particular flavors. I did contact Mt Baker they said i need to let em steep. I will follow their directions but if it doesn't clear up there has to be something wrong! I have Never experienced this with the May Flavors i have tried with dozens and Dozens of eLiquid vendors!

Edit: Have You Puff2K tried any of the flavors I have listed in my previous email? Did you need to steep or were they good right out of the bottle?

Yes, Hawk Sauce and Thug Juice. They tasted fine to me straight out of the mailer. My suggestion should be to leave the caps off for a couple hours and see if the perfumy taste is improved. To me these two flavors taste like the old penny candy I used to buy with little wax bottles with sugar syrup in them. I love it. :)

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ That's a Good Idea! I Removed All Caps and Dripper Tips. I'm going to just let em sit air out for some hours and see what happens. I opened Gwar Jizmoglobin tonight did not smell any perfume loaded a tank and seems fine, Blueberry Tones with Custard Purdy Decent!

{:{}

Yes, Hawk Sauce and Thug Juice. They tasted fine to me straight out of the mailer. My suggestion should be to leave the caps off for a couple hours and see if the perfumy taste is improved. To me these two flavors taste like the old penny candy I used to buy with little wax bottles with sugar syrup in them. I love it. :)

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
I've found Mt Baker to be very inconsistent. I don't want to sound negative, but steeping never made much difference with this particular company. I've ordered many of their flavors over the past few years, and there were a few I liked. Most of them were downright awful, which is a shame because they have great prices.

same conclusion i came to with mt baker. A lot of their juices come unvapeable and take weeks and weeks to be bearable, at which point I find the actual flavor of the juice tastes like discount juice. I've seen all these tips for crazy things to do to make their juices palatable, and when you take a step back that's ridiculous. Something is wrong here. So much hype over Thug Juice. My experience with Thug Juice was I thought I just hadn't given it its proper chance to steep, and then i gave it 3x that amount. It changed a little bit, but really it just tasted like cheap artificial grape flavor and a bad menthol. Blood orange.. after 4 weeks it had that peppery feel you get from cheap nicotine. The reviews of every flavor on the site is just "i love this" "adv" etc etc there's really nothing at all to go on. Even if you found one you thought was decent - for me it was the Banana Cream Pie only after an again way longer than normal steep - I am not confident at all I'd get the same thing if I ordered it again.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014

I've had the same experience with Mt Baker, and I ordered from them for quite awhile because my husband liked their Blue Moo and Moo Juice. Mt Baker used to give everyone a free 15ml sample with every order, and let the customer pick what they wanted. They only give a 5ml sample now. I have a sack of My Baker ejuice that will probably never be vaped since it's over a year old now.
See, they fresh mix the ejuice and get the orders out very quickly. The thing is there are so many people working there that may do a sloppy job of mixing. I don't know how else to explain the inconsistency of their joose.
Some people have more refined palates than others; I do, and it sounds like you do, too, since that perfumy taste bothers you. I wanted to love them because of the prices!! I honestly wonder at the quality of their flavorings, because not all PG, VG and nicotine are created equal. I didn't know that when I first began vaping.
There's a flavor they sell called Vanilla Butternut Squash, and it's so good when it's fresh, but after a couple of weeks it tastes spoiled. Twice this happened, so that pretty much was when I gave up.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA

~ That's a Good Idea! I Removed All Caps and Dripper Tips. I'm going to just let em sit air out for some hours and see what happens. I opened Gwar Jizmoglobin tonight did not smell any perfume loaded a tank and seems fine, Blueberry Tones with Custard Purdy Decent!

{:{}

I'm glad you're having some success with at least one of your flavors so far! :)

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
same conclusion i came to with mt baker. A lot of their juices come unvapeable and take weeks and weeks to be bearable, at which point I find the actual flavor of the juice tastes like discount juice. I've seen all these tips for crazy things to do to make their juices palatable, and when you take a step back that's ridiculous. Something is wrong here. So much hype over Thug Juice. My experience with Thug Juice was I thought I just hadn't given it its proper chance to steep, and then i gave it 3x that amount. It changed a little bit, but really it just tasted like cheap artificial grape flavor and a bad menthol. Blood orange.. after 4 weeks it had that peppery feel you get from cheap nicotine. The reviews of every flavor on the site is just "i love this" "adv" etc etc there's really nothing at all to go on. Even if you found one you thought was decent - for me it was the Banana Cream Pie only after an again way longer than normal steep - I am not confident at all I'd get the same thing if I ordered it again.
Exactly! I love Banana Creme Pie, and heard everyone rave about this flavor. I ordered a giant bottle, and it tasted like vomit! It was unvapable so I kept letting it steep, and still was terrible.
Now I know that it just wasn't mixed right, there's no other explanation. Out of about 50+ flavors from Baker, only a handful ever hit for me, and they don't keep well.
I think an A+ juice vendor should sell a line that's consistently good. I'm very happy with my current vendor, and if anyone wants to know who they are, I'll happily recommend them.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Exactly! I love Banana Creme Pie, and heard everyone rave about this flavor. I ordered a giant bottle, and it tasted like vomit! It was unvapable so I kept letting it steep, and still was terrible.
Now I know that it just wasn't mixed right, there's no other explanation. Out of about 50+ flavors from Baker, only a handful ever hit for me, and they don't keep well.
I think an A+ juice vendor should sell a line that's consistently good. I'm very happy with my current vendor, and if anyone wants to know who they are, I'll happily recommend them.

Who is the vendor you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread