Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistical

Jun 14, 2013
CA
I just ordered Orange Creamsicle and Moo juice; both 70vg/30 distilled h20 with 3 flavor shots and 12mg of nicotine. I've never ordered any juice with distilled h20 as a replacement for PG... is there a noticeable difference? The only reason why I chose this particular ratio was because I like 70/30 vg/pg ratio. If anyone has an insight on this 70/30 h20 ratio from MtBaker, please enlighten me! Thank you in advance.

Also, I will review the flavors when I get them :) I've seen mixed reviews of Moo juice and not too many reviews on Orange Creamsicle... I'm hoping one of those flavors is my new ADV!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Butterscotch +1 80/20 18mg - #1 vape, delicious, can't imagine anything better

that being said

Butter Toffee w/same specs - tasty but not quite as strong, very good and no regret

Butter Pecan w/same specs - strange, love it sometimes, not so much others.
I just reloaded my evod after finishing a tank so it's good enough to continue.
Will require further research of the pleasantly smiling good clouds of flavor kind :)

TommyS

Jun 12, 2013
Largo, Florida
I want to revise my review on a few points. Specifically, the Chocolate Tobacco 50pg/50vg with 3 flavor shots. When I vaped it straight out of the mail without steeping, I could not taste a lick of Chocolate. It was a nice smooth american style tobacco. I have now let it steep for 2 weeks. After I first filled my Kanger Pro Tank, straight up I could immediatly taste a creamy smooth chocolate. Sweet flavor with a sweet chocolate aftertaste as well. Tobacco flavor has lightened up a lot; more like a Tobacco aftertaste. Not a top note flavor.

Here is the problem, and what has got me angry. I fill the Protank, vape about half the tank and the airflow gets more and more restricted until it is just ridiculous. I have more than one Protank so I switched Protanks.. half the tank later.. same deal. The Vapor produced drops off very fast. I got curious and tore the whole Protank down.. atomizer and all. I took the top wick off and dissembled the wicks and wires. I then took the wicks (still coated in Chocolate Tobacco) and looked at it under a microscope. I then looked at the protank atomizer air holes under a microscope. The E-Juice had solidified to globules and clogged up the entire tank. The Protank base heats up when you vape, and what I found is that this e-juice separates much like a suspension (not a solution). Waxy Globules float in the E-Juice after heating and eventually build up and clog up the entire works of your atomizer. Hot water washes it away but I have found this to be un-Vapeable. Beware the Waxy, Blobby mess known as Chocolate Tobacco. It is a Atomizer Clogger!

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran
Haven't been in here for a bit, and I have a few new flavors to review:

Lemon Drop 18mg 80/20 +2:
I ordered this for him; he loves the sour flavors as much as the strong ones. Surprisingly, it's not that sour. It's a clean, pure, just barely sweet lemon. I've vaped more of this than he has at this point; it's just lovely.

Cinnamon Roll 18mg 65/35 +1:
This was the first juice I ordered with more VG in it, so I went with a flavor shot. It's very heavy on the cinnamon, but all the "bakery" parts of the flavor (the buttery dough and sweet icing) are definitely there. When I feel like more "icing" flavor, I add a few drops of butter cream. I've since reordered with no extra flavor, and it's still an outstanding vape. This is one of the few juices I can use for several hours before feeling the need to swap out flavors.

Spearmint 18mg 65/35: No flavor shots for this one, and it's still a very potent flavor. Spearmint with a hint of gum-like taste (like the Double Mint Gum). A nice mint taste, and it definitely cannot be confused with a "menthol" flavor.

Tropic Thunder 18mg 80/20: Asked for this as a sample, and ended up being glad I didn't pay for it. It's a fruit blend, and it gets dark SUPER FAST in a clearo. Additionally, there's a flavor in it that I cannot identify, but really don't care for. Certainly not a reorder, but it's a light, fruity vape. I wish I could tell you what fruits, but I wasn't able to figure it out in the 3ml or so I vaped before retiring it to the "maybe if I had nothing else" box.

I thought I had a few more, but I realize that most of what I've been ordering is custom blends (Peppermint Bark - Candy Cane & White Chocolate; Cherry Cordial - Maraschino Cherry, Dark Chocolate & Sweet Cream; Tropicool - Pink Lemonade, Key Lime, Pineapple, Canteloupe and Menthol; Berry Gooey - Strawberry, Raspberry and Marshmallow), as well as reorders of flavors we've enjoyed.

I still have Juicy Fruit, and Razzleberry I haven't tried yet - I find myself gravitating away from fruity stuff lately, and we might have a bit of "flavor overload" in this house.

Mistical

Jun 14, 2013
CA
Moo Juice 70vg/30dH2O; 12mg nicotine; +3 flavor shots:

I recently received this flavor in the mail and I left the cap off for one full day before putting it in my Kangertech Protank. Initially, I would like to say that the flavor is spot-on and great! If you like strawberry milk, you can't go wrong with this flavor. Even without steeping, this flavor tastes phenomenal. I am curious to see how much better it will taste with even just one week of steeping. Nonetheless, it is a great flavor that does not seem to need steeping - albeit, it may be due to the fact that I ordered a distilled h20 mix.

I will review the Orange Dream Bar (Orange Creamsicle) flavor after I devour this Moo Juice from my tank!

Cheers!

Mistical

Jun 14, 2013
CA
Orange Dream Bar 70vg/30dH2O; 12mg nicotine; +3 flavor shots:

I recently received this flavor and left the cap off for one full day. To make it short, this juice tastes like .... - it tastes like orange peel with the white inside lining; kind of a bitter, citrus flavor. Further, there is barely a hint of a cream flavor, and it is upon exhale; almost non-existent. I am assuming this juice needs a lot of steeping for the cream flavor to kick in. As it is right now, it is predominantly orange peel flavor, and I don't know many people who enjoy eating orange peels lol.

Greetings,

Started Vaping : July 1st, 2013
Stopped Smoking : Not Applicable

Extreme Ice 50/50 : It's definitely menthol. Cough Syrup mixed with Vick's Vapor Rub. I Like it....because it's my Menthol Drops that I can add to "future" flavors.

Menthol 50/50 : It's like their Extreme Ice but not as strong. I like this one too.

555 Menthol 50/50 : It has a VERY strong odor. Smell and taste remind me of caramel covered popcorn (caramel on the slightly burnt side). I don't taste tobacco. I don't like this one. Although, I'm letting it steep right now.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
More more more! Can't stop trying flavors.

Salt Water Taffy: I was surprised about this one. In Spinfuel the vaping magazine, five professional reviewers all gave it five stars and said it tasted exactly like salt water taffy. After steeping a week, mine tasted like that strong artificial maple flavoring. Yech. Light liquid, clean vaping.

Cinnamon Red Hots: another surprise disappointment. Strong on throat and lungs. Made me cough and cough and cough, though not much flavor to it. Unvapeable by itself. I'm using it as a throat hit booster, 3-4 drops per ml. in my 12 mg. liquids that haven't much throat hit. In that tiny amount it doesn't change the flavor appreciably, but provides some throat hit. Use sparingly though, or you'll hurt yourself again. Very light pale yellow liquid.

Berry Treat: I've decided not to inflict my review of a flavor on the MBV site any more if the flavor was sent as a free sample, but here I'll mention it. Medium pinkish liquid, no gunking. Some will like the delicate mixed berry flavor. To me it tasted like berry candy or gum. Not bad, but I gave mine away, and won't order it.

Cinnamon Roll: Delicious, tastes just like a warm cinnamon roll. Has a slight buttery note too. Some will think it's missing the icing on top. You could add a dash of sweetener maybe. I like mine the way it is. It's a darker liquid than some MBV, but fine and thin, doesn't darken and thicken in my clearo, doesn't gunk up my coil. Definite reorder.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Here is the problem, and what has got me angry. I fill the Protank, vape about half the tank and the airflow gets more and more restricted until it is just ridiculous. I have more than one Protank so I switched Protanks.. half the tank later.. same deal. The Vapor produced drops off very fast. I got curious and tore the whole Protank down.. atomizer and all. I took the top wick off and dissembled the wicks and wires. I then took the wicks (still coated in Chocolate Tobacco) and looked at it under a microscope. I then looked at the protank atomizer air holes under a microscope. The E-Juice had solidified to globules and clogged up the entire tank. The Protank base heats up when you vape, and what I found is that this e-juice separates much like a suspension (not a solution). Waxy Globules float in the E-Juice after heating and eventually build up and clog up the entire works of your atomizer. Hot water washes it away but I have found this to be un-Vapeable. Beware the Waxy, Blobby mess known as Chocolate Tobacco. It is a Atomizer Clogger!

Thank you. I think this is the best kind of info you can include in a review. No matter how wonderful the flavor, I don't want it if it gets syrupy in my clearo and gunks my coil. The equipment is too expensive to ruin it in a couple of hours with a bad liquid, and that should go into an eliquid manufacturer's considerations. If a liquid is fine, light and clean vaping, I'll use it up even if it tastes like mouse.

Just got my first Mt. Baker Vapor order in the mail! I'm relatively new to vaping, so this is my first foray into a lot of flavours. Because of shipping time to Canada, these are all 12 days past their made-on date, and I did the cap off overnight.

Interestingly, though they left a hand-written note on the receipt saying "sorry, freebies only on domestic orders" (I had asked to try Coconut) they nonetheless tossed in a 10 mL freebie of Prickly Pear, which I notice is on sale so perhaps they're moving it out? I don't know what happened there exactly, but I'm glad they did. Here's my thoughts so far:

BUTTERSCOTCH +1 50/50 12 mg: Yep, that's butterscotch. Very thick, full, sweet butterscotch taste with a slightly chemical aftertaste that I suspect will go away after more steeping. Too rich to be an ADV for me, but I see myself enjoying it on occasion.

HAWK SAUCE +2 50/50 12 mg: Very disappointed in this one. For me, there's no flavour at all on the inhale, and on the exhale I just taste a bit of sour gummy candy. I'm also getting a sense that I don't like berry flavours (this is my first), and I realize steeping a couple more weeks will likely help, but I was surprised that even with the double flavour shots it's so bland to me.

EXTREME ICE 60/40 12 mg: Fabulous and full-flavoured wintergreen. Too strong on its own to be a regular vape for me personally, I think, but I mixed a bit with some cheap chocolate mint I had and it kicked that flavour into outer space. Look forward to keeping some on hand to pump up other flavours and maybe rescue some weak vapes.

ZINGER +1 50/50 12 mg: The biggest disappointment in the bunch, so far. Tastes like tangy, stale water. Very little flavour and what is there, isn't particularly good. I will let it steep more and try again.

PRICKLY PEAR 80/20 12 mg: A nice surprise. Though I detect a slightly plasticy note, it is a nice juicy pear flavour. I didn't realize prickly pear was its own fruit until I looked it up, so I'm not sure exactly what the real thing tastes like, but this was an enjoyable light fruity vape for me that I vaped all last night.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Okay, another new MBV love for me, and a re-visit.

Graham Cracker. First, it's a clean vaping eliquid, doesn't get thick and dark, doesn't make gunk on your coil. It tastes just like graham crackers, and makes the air smell wonderful. I just love it. It's the nearest thing to an all day vape I've ever found. I could call it graham crack. I didn't expect to be so smitten, since I don't buy or eat graham crackers except once in a great while.

Revisiting MBV Root Beer Float. I initially said I liked the flavor. Even though it doesn't taste like a root beer float, it tastes like root beer barrel candies, and I was enjoying it. Now I must say, I won't buy it again. It isn't as bad as some eliquids in this regard, but it gets darker and darker in your clearo, gunks your coil, and finally you're sucking your face into your gullet to get a draw.

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
Revisiting MBV Root Beer Float. I initially said I liked the flavor. Even though it doesn't taste like a root beer float, it tastes like root beer barrel candies, and I was enjoying it. Now I must say, I won't buy it again. It isn't as bad as some eliquids in this regard, but it gets darker and darker in your clearo, gunks your coil, and finally you're sucking your face into your gullet to get a draw.
Try the regular Root Beer (maybe ask for it as a free sample) even though it's on the cracker list I've had some in a Kanger T3 for over 2 months (with 1 cleaning just because I clean them at least once a month if they need it or not) with no problems. 80ml vaped with 20ml to go it's almost time to order some more

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
New(ish) to vaping and got my first little order of e-liquids from MBV a few weeks ago. I let them steep for a week with caps off and here's my impression:

Wintergreen
80PG/20VG | +1 flavor shot | 12mg nic

Very happily surprised with this one. A lot of the reviews on the MBV site say it's like vaping a wintergreen Lifesavor. I absolutely agree. Ordering it, I didn't think I would really love this one as much as I do. It's been my all-day vape for 3 days.

Peanutbutter Cup
65PG/35VG | +2 flavor shots | 12mg nic

This one has to steep for awhile. Without steeping, it just tasted like weakly-flavored popcorn butter with a hint of peanutbutter. Steeping just a week made it remarkably enjoyable and fully peanutbuttery. There is some chocolate note to the flavor, but it's subtle and you don't really taste it on it's own, more like you taste how to affects the peanutbutter flavor. I really liked this one, too.

I have 3 more flavors to try from this order (Saturn, Cantaloupe, and Boom Choco Latte.) I'll edit this post when I try 'em. ;)

Now I'm convinced a big fan of MBV after trying 13 of their flavors...All stocked up now, and I finally was able to order a 30ml bottle of Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions

My Grades (1-5, 5 the best), and based on what I like. Something like Thug Juice tastes like it should but just isn't for me. Each has its only PG/VG + Flavor Shots....
Cinammon Roll (65/35, 2) - 5
Ecto Cooler (80/20, 1) - 4
Mt Dew (65/35, 2) - 3
Pineapple Peach (80/20, 1) - 4
Double Apple (80/20, 1) - 5
Hawk Sauce (65/35, 2) - 4
Thug Juice (80/20, 1) - 3
Peach Rings (100VG, 1, got in trade)- 3
Razzleberry 80/20, 1)- 4
Get Razzled (100VG, 1, got in trade) - 4
Fruit Hoops (100VG, 1, got in trade) - 4
Berry Creamy (100VG, 1, got in trade) - 3