Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
2 extra comments.
tanks over 2ml are no longer on sale from November so you need to have a "that's enough for me" collection by then.
I suggest at least one replaceable battery mod ALWAYS as mods do fail/break from time to time. I accept any mod can break but dealing with a battery issue is easier to deal with if you have a supply of 18650s.
Oh, if you are really enterprising you can stock up on coil heads from China at half price or less. I have 6 months of Cubis coils and a year of Eleaf GS coils too. That's on top of my rebuildable tanks.
When tanks are banned, we expect coils to still be available to a certain extent.

Reactions: DPLongo22

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
2 extra comments.
Tanks over 2ml are no longer on sale from November so you need to have a "that's enough for me" collection by then.
I suggest at least one replaceable battery mod ALWAYS as mods do fail/break from time to time. I accept any mod can break but dealing with a battery issue is easier to deal with if you have a supply of 18650s.
Oh, if you are really enterprising you can stock up on coil heads from China at half price or less. I have 6 months of Cubis coils and a year of Eleaf GS coils too. That's on top of my rebuildable tanks.
When tanks are banned, we expect coils to still be available to a certain extent.
Meh.. we'll just rename vape tanks to personal vaporizers, under the guise of vaporizing vicks for personal use, rather than putting your head under a towel over a pot of boiled water and vicks vapor rub. LOL I wonder how the FDA feels about that? People have been doing it for more than 45 years for sure, and that is just from my own personal memory. I wouldn't recommend vicks as a vape juice.. but any excuse to keep our tanks and mods will do.
Not to mention.. that 2ml tank idea is the stupidest thing I have heard of, you can always refill them, and they deliver a set amount of vapor regardless of how big the tank is. You wont get any more nicotine from a 5ml tank than you will from filling a 2ml tank 2 1/2 times. You know.. if people like these were the ones who invented things, we would all be running around naked.. to stupid to make a club to hunt with. And a maple leave only covers so much..

Riordan

Aug 5, 2016
England
Point taken, GBalkham. Just being lazy looking for an internal battery.

2ml tank limit? :blink: I mean, I prefer a smaller tank. Easily. But...what am I missing? Coils available to a 'certain' extent? Coils go out with bigger tanks, what's the point? All tanks need coils, regardless of size...

Man, being a newbie is confusing. Ha. Need to get my **** about more of the threads, guess there's prolly' several explaining this whole thing...

For now, cheers for the head's up. I better get back to work though or I won't be buying owt' anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DPLongo22

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Point taken, GBalkham. Just being lazy looking for an internal battery.

2ml tank limit? :blink: I mean, I prefer a smaller tank. Easily. But...what am I missing? Coils available to a 'certain' extent? Coils go out with bigger tanks, what's the point? All tanks need coils, regardless of size...

Man, being a newbie is confusing. Ha. Need to get my **** about more of the threads, guess there's prolly' several explaining this whole thing...

For now, cheers for the head's up. I better get back to work though or I won't be buying owt' anytime soon. :rolleyes:
everybody starts as a noobie.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I'll never buy another istick, until I know they fixed that 510 connector issue. Much love for my new ijoy now.. so far, not 1 drop of juice has gotten into the 510 pin.
Hmm I wasn't aware of that. Well if you really want tried and true/Bulletproof; then buy a Provari, no matter the version it's Good to Go! I have my original from I would guess five years ago now and I still use it in my daily rotation. Matter of fact I have some EC Blends "Sweet Tea" in it as I type. I with you on the iStick then. Has to be safe and a good connection.
Vape Forward that took over the Mod Production for Vaper Shark makes some good Mods at a reasonable price. I've had a Stout now for about a year and it's been trouble free and carries a 2650 Battery. Now that is one all Day Vape there; especially for me since I vape at 12 Watts with it and my GG Tilly v2+ mounted on @.75ohm SS Coil

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Man, being a newbie is confusing. Ha. Need to get my **** about more of the threads, guess there's prolly' several explaining this whole thing
No worries relax keep asking and reading and before long you'll know enough to be dangerous:) And most certainly the knowledge to stay off the Cigs;):w00t::vapor:
And don't forget to listen to your entire body & spirit. Combine them and you'll have no problem reaching a much healthier life:thumb:

Reactions: Riordan

BitterBeerBear

Aug 11, 2016
DFW, TX
Hi there! I'm new to the forum and new (kinda) to vaping as well (no cigs for 4 weeks now, woohoo!!) I like a good mouth to lung vape myself. I luckily had someone who recently quit vaping/smoking give me their old equipment. That equipment included an Innokin CoolFire IV mod and a Nautilus Mini tank. Just wanted to come here to repeat the fact that the Nautilus Mini is a great tank for mouth to lung vaping. Great taste, easy to work with, never leaks, replacement pieces are readily available everywhere, etc. etc. I also had a sub ohm tank given to me in the equipment.... sub ohm vaping is not for me.

I've tried to kick the cigarette habit for years now. When electronic cigarettes first came out, I bought a cigalike kind of e-cig. I liked the idea of it, but quickly went back to analog cigarettes. Then a few years later I bought an Ego style e-cig. It was much more satisfying... and kept me away from cigarettes longer than the cigalike ever did, but again... I went back to the analogs. Then I was blessed by being given the CoolFire and Nautilus Mini combo. For the first time in over 20 years I can finally say that I'm DONE with cigarettes for good. Blah, blah, blah... wasn't trying to hijack your thread, sorry :D I just kinda felt like I'm in a very similar situation and the Nautilus Mini sounds like it would be your kinda tank ;)

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Hi there! I'm new to the forum and new (kinda) to vaping as well (no cigs for 4 weeks now, woohoo!!) I like a good mouth to lung vape myself. I luckily had someone who recently quit vaping/smoking give me their old equipment. That equipment included an Innokin CoolFire IV mod and a Nautilus Mini tank. Just wanted to come here to repeat the fact that the Nautilus Mini is a great tank for mouth to lung vaping. Great taste, easy to work with, never leaks, replacement pieces are readily available everywhere, etc. etc. I also had a sub ohm tank given to me in the equipment.... sub ohm vaping is not for me.

I've tried to kick the cigarette habit for years now. When electronic cigarettes first came out, I bought a cigalike kind of e-cig. I liked the idea of it, but quickly went back to analog cigarettes. Then a few years later I bought an Ego style e-cig. It was much more satisfying... and kept me away from cigarettes longer than the cigalike ever did, but again... I went back to the analogs. Then I was blessed by being given the CoolFire and Nautilus Mini combo. For the first time in over 20 years I can finally say that I'm DONE with cigarettes for good. Blah, blah, blah... wasn't trying to hijack your thread, sorry :D I just kinda felt like I'm in a very similar situation and the Nautilus Mini sounds like it would be your kinda tank ;)

Not a hijack at all.. you are right spot on!
I've had 3 ciggies in 5 months, and 0 ciggies in 4 1/2 months. (ran out of atomizers / juice at 1am). Now I am to the point, where I would go without for a couple days rather than stick a cigarette in my mouth. *GAG* Just the thought..worse than a dry hit! At least the cotton doesn't linger for hours. LOL Reminds me of tonight. I built a 6 coil build, got a massive hit of vapor and choked on it. My wife, evil thing, perked right up, eyes sparkling and grinning.. said "Dry hit???" like.. she was HOPING! I mean, her laughing when I do get a dry hit is one thing.. but to look at me expectantly.. hoping I got one.. that's a bit mean. LOL. She totally is 100% for my vaping and not smoking, I even get $70 a month from our budget for ejuice. (the rest of my goodies come from my allowance-we both get one)
Yes, vaping can run into some money, if you want the newer toys. I have 1 more tank I want to get, well a clone.. be damned if i will pay $170 for an RDA or RTA for that matter. But, I rarely drink, and stopped smoking, don't do drugs and I'm to lazy to get a girlfriend on the side. (not to mention what the wife would do to me.. LOL) So as well as quitting the cigs, it is a hobby. Which of course, helps take my mind off cigs. Oh sometimes i still get the urge.. but it passes with a vape puff or 2. I'll be glad when my brain stops telling me.. you want this... like when you get a craving? LOL God.. That is one craving I do not want to satisfy. Even after 2 weeks vaping, that first drag was horrible beyond imagination!

My advice, just stick to it and don't go back.
Now, if only they could come up with a food replacement therepy.. like 0 calorie cookies, chips, fries, etc.. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Cheers guys.

Totally sold on the Aspire Nautilus mini. Mini option swung it. Thanks Subwayaznm.

Was kinda' trying to avoid the nautilus, tbh...all that glass.

Anyhow, apparently your can get a caged tank for the nautilus mini. That sounds potentially perfect...to screw / unscrew too.
The full size caged tank holds 3ml.. It's a nice size and doesn't.need to be filled every 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Personally not in the MTL range myself so not going to suggest tanks. On the mod though, Coolfire IV 18650 version might be worth consideration. They are well made, simple to use, 75W covers a reasonable power range for both use cases, you can try out temperature control if it takes your fancy, replaceable battery and not particularly large and in the UK you can pick one up for about £35/£40.

Reactions: Eskie

Riordan

Aug 5, 2016
England
BitterBeerBear - Cheers, and welcome. No hijack. Much appreciate the advice. Similar boat, y'know? Congrats on the 4 weeks. :thumb:

GBalkham - still thinking separate battery would prolly' make more sense, but then hearing a lotta' good stuff about the coolfire iv plus...think I'm leaning, y'know?

Also, agreed...I smoked a cig' at a mate's last week and she got all pissy at me 'cause I asked her if her bacci' was knock-off. Tasted nasty.

As for quitting smoking...Never quit before. Tbh, for a lotta' years smokes seemed the least of my problems, and were. Kicked the more 'problematic' habits, hit the gym and now watching a someone in the final stages of terminal lung cancer...

Saw mate's get offed by what I was doing before a fair few times (11 in 5 years, in fact), but with all that, you expect it; you're more shocked when it don't happen and get out alive, but smoking...despite knowing how bad it is, never expected at 28 to watch someone be dying from cigs'. Esp' as she otherwise led a really wholesome life. Unlike me. Makes you count your stars, I guess...and wanna' show it. Respect life and all that...

Plus, curious to try vaping. And apparently long as I've nic' and sommet to plug my gob with, I'm relatively happy. Biggest shock of all; not having that sorta' 'dummy' to comfort myself with, d'know...expected to get a bit histrionic about it all. But ain't. And ain't about to if I did have one. I'm pretty laid back and philosophical about it. Figure it's unhealthy to get too hard on one's self.

DPLongo22 - prefer smaller tanks, is all. Get bored too easy to commit to vaping a 4ml+ tank of the same flavour...esp' after I filled mine with damn 'Jam on Toast' and following that 'Pina Colada'. Exorcised the coil in vodka to try get that demon taste off it, but ended up just binning the juice and replacing the coil. Less waste with a smaller tank. And refilling ain't a problem. Bigger tank would otherwise make far more sense, aye.

And ta, Bunnykiller and mindriot. Will check out those attys and yea, coolfire iv is looking good...the 18650? Not the 'plus' version then...heard that's an in-built battery?

Ta, again, guys. :toast:

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
BitterBeerBear - Cheers, and welcome. No hijack. Much appreciate the advice. Similar boat, y'know? Congrats on the 4 weeks. :thumb:

GBalkham - still thinking separate battery would prolly' make more sense, but then hearing a lotta' good stuff about the coolfire iv plus...think I'm leaning, y'know?

Also, agreed...I smoked a cig' at a mate's last week and she got all pissy at me 'cause I asked her if her bacci' was knock-off. Tasted nasty.

As for quitting smoking...Never quit before. Tbh, for a lotta' years smokes seemed the least of my problems, and were. Kicked the more 'problematic' habits, hit the gym and now watching a someone in the final stages of terminal lung cancer...

Saw mate's get offed by what I was doing before a fair few times (11 in 5 years, in fact), but with all that, you expect it; you're more shocked when it don't happen and get out alive, but smoking...despite knowing how bad it is, never expected at 28 to watch someone be dying from cigs'. Esp' as she otherwise led a really wholesome life. Unlike me. Makes you count your stars, I guess...and wanna' show it. Respect life and all that...

Plus, curious to try vaping. And apparently long as I've nic' and sommet to plug my gob with, I'm relatively happy. Biggest shock of all; not having that sorta' 'dummy' to comfort myself with, d'know...expected to get a bit histrionic about it all. But ain't. And ain't about to if I did have one. I'm pretty laid back and philosophical about it. Figure it's unhealthy to get too hard on one's self.

DPLongo22 - prefer smaller tanks, is all. Get bored too easy to commit to vaping a 4ml+ tank of the same flavour...esp' after I filled mine with damn 'Jam on Toast' and following that 'Pina Colada'. Exorcised the coil in vodka to try get that demon taste off it, but ended up just binning the juice and replacing the coil. Less waste with a smaller tank. And refilling ain't a problem. Bigger tank would otherwise make far more sense, aye.

And ta, Bunnykiller and mindriot. Will check out those attys and yea, coolfire iv is looking good...the 18650? Not the 'plus' version then...heard that's an in-built battery?

Ta, again, guys. :toast:

I think what it is, is people recommending good products that they personally have used. It is more to give you an idea of what is available than say.. you should get this one..

So now you have an idea what is out there and can probably make some more informed decisions. Like..
1) how much can I spend on a mod,tank, and batteries. Write this down.
2) Will you need more than 1 full charge per day.
3) Do you want to stay at one vaping level or try different tanks and drip atomizers.

Personally, I would recommend a box with not less than 40 watts power and removable battery you can swap out as necessary. Then just buy your tank to match that.. most will. For sub ohm, for now, not less than 0.50 which is available as a prebuilt coil. If you dont care about sub ohm, just ignore this bit.

What it comes down to is what you like, and how much you want to spend. Your final decision will be made over the counter at your local shop. You tell the guy what you want, he will show you different sets to match what you tell him.

It really doesn't matter which one you get, as long as you are happy with it in the end.

And yeah, that coolfire 18650 looks pretty decent. BUT ask about any issues with the 510 connector.
Edit again..
I was a bit nervous when I saw the 510 connector on the coolfire, but apparently it is spring loaded, and I didn't find any problems related to it on Google.

TX-70 Temp Control Mod Premium Kit

Is a nice looking kit as well.
Only reason I know about this, is bc i won one and saw it on the confirmation page.

Last edited:

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
yea, coolfire iv is looking good...the 18650? Not the 'plus' version then...heard that's an in-built battery?
Yeah they are nearly the same thing. I personally like the finishing slightly better on the 18650 version but they are near identical beyond the internal lipo vs replaceable 18650. There are pros/cons to each battery style which I think may have been covered to some extent already. I think either one would be a good choice for what you are asking for.

Edit: as @GBalkham said, it is a suggestion for consideration that would be a good all round choice at the sort of price point suggested, but not the only choice or as such to tell you what you should want :)

Last edited:

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
And yeah, that coolfire 18650 looks pretty decent. BUT ask about any issues with the 510 connector.
Edit again..
I was a bit nervous when I saw the 510 connector on the coolfire, but apparently it is spring loaded, and I didn't find any problems related to it on Google.
Connector is solid on the Coolfire IV it isn't quite a FDV but miles better than joy tech and eleaf ones that i have seen, both me and my GF have different ones from the range and they are really solid for their price point. Most Innokin stuff is for that matter.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Connector is solid on the Coolfire IV it isn't quite a FDV but miles better than joy tech and eleaf ones that i have seen, both me and my GF have different ones from the range and they are really solid for their price point. Most Innokin stuff is for that matter.
Awesome.. I was l hoping someone would have one personally to verify that 510 connector. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread