MTL Forum For Us Poor Lost Souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Let's face it, us lowly MTL people have been left behind in a giant 120W sub ohm vapor cloud. Using the search gets a bit tedious... it would be handy if there was a go-to forum or sub-forum that just focused on the needs of the MTL vaper.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday and almost started a thread. You beat me to it. The closest thing right now might be the tootle puffer thread. I started posting to that thread yesterday after ignoring it for 2 years.

The industry likes the cloud chasers because the buy a lot more of everything. MTL is for beginners and then you are supposed to be a cloud chaser. I went the opposite way. After a few months of DL I discovered I preferred MTL.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've poked through the tootle puffer and itty bitty threads... they are unwieldy, at best. I lack the patience to keep searching and scanning. Keeping posts limited to those two threads is pretty lame.
    Can we ever have a thread on ecf that doesn't turn into a social engagement, lol. No cats, dogs, weather...

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    In my nearly 4 years of vaping, have always MTL vaped, I admit I tried DL, but don't see the craze myself, I don't think the flavor is as good, use tons more juice and battery life.

Seen the tootle thread, but never posted in it, looks more like a social hang out, no offense meant :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I've poked through the tootle puffer and itty bitty threads... they are unwieldy, at best. I lack the patience to keep searching and scanning. Keeping posts limited to those two threads is pretty lame.

If you ever decide you'd like to start a thread on a particular subject, or a particular question about something MTL related, please feel free to come by the TPuffers thread and link your own. Yes, that thread moves quickly and is "about" way too many things, so you're right - your question might get lost.

In my nearly 4 years of vaping, have always MTL vaped, I admit I tried DL, but don't see the craze myself, I don't think the flavor is as good, use tons more juice and battery life.

Seen the tootle thread, but never posted in it, looks more like a social hang out, no offense meant :)

None taken, Nailz. :) It's certainly not for everyone's taste! (including my own sometimes) :D

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    None taken, Nailz. :) It's certainly not for everyone's taste! (including my own sometimes) :D

Had to come back to apologize, since visiting the thread, I take it back, it is a very useful thread, with a lot of really good helpful people, even if it does take some doing to keep up with it :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Had to come back to apologize, since visiting the thread, I take it back, it is a very useful thread, with a lot of really good helpful people, even if it does take some doing to keep up with it :)

RunAway.jpg

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Although the topper is the defining component for MTL vaping, the device is a factor in some cases. Looking for a long lasting mod for MTL, lower wattage vapers like me have to screen the high power mods that really aren't ideal for a lower wattage vaper. There really aren't many discussions of the lowest wattage these mods allow, and many can't buck below seven watts, which is too high for me. Lower quality buck circuits also make some devices burn liquid a bit at low wattage. For those that vape over seven watts these aren't concerns, but it definitely limits which newer and bigger devices are a fit for some of the MTL crowd.

For example, most any IPV device won't drop to my wattage range, while the RX200 does so and bucks smoothly as well. It is definitely a task to make sure a newer device will give me that smooth vape I like, but I don't know if there are many like me that would enjoy an area focused on how the new toys handle low wattage.

That said, I've noticed an uptick in threads discussing simpler, lower power vaping. Perhaps keeping battery life and liquid consumption in mind has become interesting to more of us as taxes and availability are threatened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread