MTL tank with ss coils and top fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

steakbean

Apr 17, 2017
Kentucky
Looking for MTL tank with premade ss 316l coils and top fill, for a friend thats getting into vaping.. Most tanks i see out there are sub ohm type tanks. Any option out there that can give you a nice mtl vape and can be used on a temp control device like evic mini?

I like the Aspire Nautilus 2 for
this purpose. It takes stainless steel coils that are readily available and easy to change. It is a top fill tank that does not leak. It has adjustable airflow and a traditional "narrow bore" drip tip. It seems like every sub-ohm tank out there has a wide bore tip. I personally do not want that much air in my vape. The Aspire Nautilus 2 is a sub-ohm tank that's nearly perfect for MTL vaping. The only flaw: it has a 2.5 ml tank that I wish was 5 or 6 ml to give a full 24 hours of vaping on a single fill.

Last edited:

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
Im loving the Nautilus 2. I've experimented with alot of tanks with friends and coworkers and the Nautilus 2 is that MTL king. IMO I can't see many MTL guys or guys who like a MTL and possible DL option here and there not like this tank. I was a pack a day smoker and pick up the vape like a real smoker. I haven't had to charge this thing in 4-5 days and still have battery left. These Aspire BVC coils are really efficient it seems. My mod says it's sitting at 1.9 ohms but the coils say 1.7. 12-14 watts is perfect for any type draw. AIO option with the Zelos Mod for $50-$60 is a great beginner all day type setup. I'm able to work a full 12 hr shift and not have to refill the 2ml tank. It's a small tank like alot of brands are going to for Europe reasons

steakbean

Apr 17, 2017
Kentucky
I a really glad I bought the Nautilus 2, and agree with you on the coils too. I do wish the tank was bigger and I am having a hard time finding a larger tank that seems like it might perform as well as this particular Aspire tank. I wish they would make this exact tank in a taller version that would hold 4-6 ml of juice. Wide open, I feel the Nautilus 2 would be great for sub-ohm DL hits. Some of the DL hits I've seen on YouTube would probably kill me after 30 years of smoking cigarettes and pipes. That type of vaping reminds me of my younger days when I used to smoke "medicinal" tobacco that's currently popular in Colorado. Some of those YouTube vapers look like they are having a really good time. :)

Reactions: David Wolf

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
I agree with you 100%. One thing I noticed is air flow wide open this can be a Direct Lung tank. I've started rotating between MTL and DL on the Nautilus 2 with the 1.7 ohm coils. I currently only have 12% nicotine and switching to the .7 sub ohm coils produces a very extreme TH with higher nicotine liquids. I do want to go to the .7 coils but I'm gonna have to get some 3-6% e juices for that. I consider this not just a MTL tank like it's advertised but a dual use if you will. Since I'm happy with the BVC coils I do want to try another tank with bigger capacity that uses the coils.

Reactions: David Wolf

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Looking for MTL tank with premade ss 316l coils and top fill, for a friend thats getting into vaping.. Most tanks i see out there are sub ohm type tanks. Any option out there that can give you a nice mtl vape and can be used on a temp control device like evic mini?

Check out the Vaporesso Drizzle. I have a couple other options too but not with SS.

As for talk about the Cubis and Cubis Pro, I'd avoid the Cubis, but can definitely recommend the Pro for MTL - avoid it beg time for DL though.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The Cubis and Cubis Pro are both top fill with MTL SS coils available. Some people have had issues with them though with spitting and flooding. Their design doesn't let them leak though as they don't have the bottom airflow holes.
Sounds like the icare IC 1.1 coil which also has a solid bottom. just spits the juice up as you draw air in around the top. No air flow through the coil are the worst coil designs ever.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
The Cubis and Cubis Pro are both top fill with MTL SS coils available. Some people have had issues with them though with spitting and flooding. Their design doesn't let them leak though as they don't have the bottom airflow holes.

Check out the Vaporesso Drizzle. I have a couple other options too but not with SS.

As for talk about the Cubis and Cubis Pro, I'd avoid the Cubis, but can definitely recommend the Pro for MTL - avoid it beg time for DL though.

Hmmm... I'm vaping a DIY Raspberry Custard 30/70 PG/VG in the Cubis w/.5ohm SS coil in TC @ 25w/450F DL, airflow wide open as I type. Working fine as always. Great flavor, plenty of vapor... :D My better half & I have 4 in rotation, 6 more in the stash along with a few hundred coils. I guess we're the luckiest people on earth. Looking back, oh well nevermind, that definitely ain't it. Before switching to DL a little over a year ago, we used the SS 1.0 ohm MTL in power mode @ 17W, airflow almost closed, if memory serves. Nice MTL vape, no issues over 3 or so months. We're still using the original tanks and have gone through numerous coils, never a dud. Tanks were purchased from multiple vendors & coils from FastTech. For a good bit less than a $20 bill, we're more than satisfied. Of course, YRMV... Cubis Tank @ a great price. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread