MTL tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Hi all,

I have been out of the loop for a bit so not up with the latest and greatest. Anyway, I am helping a friend out who has just packed up the cigs and started vaping.

He purchased an Aspire Platinum kit which I believe has the Atlantis tank - I think this set up is pretty well sub ohm??

Anyway, he has bought a variable wattage mod and is looking for tank suggestions. He wants a MTL tank that ideally can use prebuilt coils but also has the potential to use a RBA deck?

Any recommendations please??

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
In my humble opinion those Sub Tanks which come with RBA decks that are spoken of are not really MTL Tanks due to the open draw even with air control just about closed plus most of them come with a wide mouth Drip Tip which also doesn't lend itself to MTL Vaping. And I've tried most of them for myself. I like MTL. and those aren't.
Unfortunately most good MTL Tanks don't come with RBA Decks. But you can find good ones that out there that are RTA's. Kayfun's(pick one) or Tilemahos(pick one). True Top Fill MTL's with Pre made Coils there really aren't as yet. The best I've found are still the Aspire Nautilus Tanks or Kabuki.
The Tanks you asked about in your question are like Cross Fit Training; you will get in shape but if you want to be ready for a particular Sport you will have to change your training methods. ;):vapor:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I also use the Subtank and Toptank for MTL with the higher resistance coils, and the RBA is very easy to build. Great tanks.

Thanks Bonskibon :)

In my humble opinion those Sub Tanks which come with RBA decks that are spoken of are not really MTL Tanks due to the open draw even with air control just about closed plus most of them come with a wide mouth Drip Tip which also doesn't lend itself to MTL Vaping. And I've tried most of them for myself. I like MTL. and those aren't.
Unfortunately most good MTL Tanks don't come with RBA Decks. But you can find good ones that out there that are RTA's. Kayfun's(pick one) or Tilemahos(pick one). True Top Fill MTL's with Pre made Coils there really aren't as yet. The best I've found are still the Aspire Nautilus Tanks or Kabuki.
The Tanks you asked about in your question are like Cross Fit Training; you will get in shape but if you want to be ready for a particular Sport you will have to change your training methods. ;):vapor:

Thanks subwayaznm,

I do get what you are saying :)

Am just easing him in. He had a vape on my Kayfun V4 and loved it, but nearly choked when he found out the price LOL, same with the Kabuki ;-)

I don't think he is ready to start building just yet so I guess this tank will be a sort of way station. Having the ability to build on will be a start. I will do a few builds for him to get him started, but the main thing right now is to keep it pretty simple so he can stay off the smokes :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I think that depends on how you like to MTL. I like a bit more air than say the Nautilus mini delivers. I don't care for the wide bore drip tip and just change it out.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
There are some pretty decent clones out there for great prices. At least for the Kayfun, not sure about the Kabuki.

Yeah, I did mention that, but for now he will be primarily using the screw in plug and play coils :)

So, the Kanger type might suit his immediate needs best. I didn't know whether there were other similar attys that may produce a "better" vape? "Better" of course being entirely subjective :)

This $40 odd would be around the right price I would imagine

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Yea, that's the thing, totally subjective. I can only comment on what I like and have and most of my tanks are considered "sub-ohm" tanks, but I don't sub-ohm on them.

For sure, but recommendations are what I asked for and you have done just that - so much appreciated I have already sent him a couple of links for the Kanger :thumb:

Reactions: Bonskibon

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I would suggest the Anyvape Segatanks. It has been a while since I used one (because I needed more air for DL :) ). But, the Segatank is kind of of step between the Cerotank V2 (a GREAT MTL tank, but uses the small Aspire/Kanger BDC/BVC coils. I don't know if they are easily Rebuildable) and the Anyvape Furytank 2, which has massive airflow for DL hits.

Both Segatank and Furytank use both Anyvape or Atlantis coils and come with a RBA deck.

Reactions: Yonjuro

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I would suggest the Anyvape Segatanks. It has been a while since I used one (because I needed more air for DL :) ). But, the Segatank is kind of of step between the Cerotank V2 (a GREAT MTL tank, but uses the small Aspire/Kanger BDC/BVC coils. I don't know if they are easily Rebuildable) and the Anyvape Furytank 2, which has massive airflow for DL hits.

Both Segatank and Furytank use both Anyvape or Atlantis coils and come with a RBA deck.

Many thanks pizza2me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread