MTL with a 200w mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
Hello friends, I apologize for not replying before to your kind answers, I had a little accident, but getting better now, truly sorry. Thank you Anna and Suprtrkr for both advises, indeed the nautilus X has very good comments everywhere, I ve been looking if this atty can used with rba and if it is out there some kind of adaptor glass to make it 4ml, so far, no. Suprtrkr, I saw some comments about the Serpent SMM saying it leaks quite a bit, but logically could be all about manipulation issues from people who doesnt use it correctly, other than that, it looks a very good product. I have moved my order's day limit to next saturday, so I have some more days to look into it. I ll be back with some links to ask you both for some guidance, if it isnt trouble for you guys. Have a great evening and thank you both...happy vaping!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hello friends, I apologize for not replying before to your kind answers, I had a little accident, but getting better now, truly sorry. Thank you Anna and Suprtrkr for both advises, indeed the Nautilus X has very good comments everywhere, I ve been looking if this atty can used with rba and if it is out there some kind of adaptor glass to make it 4ml, so far, no. Suprtrkr, I saw some comments about the Serpent SMM saying it leaks quite a bit, but logically could be all about manipulation issues from people who doesnt use it correctly, other than that, it looks a very good product. I have moved my order's day limit to next saturday, so I have some more days to look into it. I ll be back with some links to ask you both for some guidance, if it isnt trouble for you guys. Have a great evening and thank you both...happy vaping!
Np, any time. Be kind enough to quote one of my messages, or @ me in yours, so the system will notify me you have something to say. Or PM me, whatever. Otherwise I might miss your comment. FWIW, I suspect inefficient wicking in the Serpent SMM is causing the leaks. Neither of mine has never leaked a drop, not even on first fill with a new wick, which is unusual.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thank you Anna and Suprtrkr for both advises, indeed the Nautilus X has very good comments everywhere, I ve been looking if this atty can used with rba

I'm quite fond of it myself. I think the Quad-flex kit has an rba, although that isn't exactly the Nautilus X.

and if it is out there some kind of adaptor glass to make it 4ml, so far, no.

That there should be. I've heard it called an extension or an adapter. It comes with the 4 ml glass and a little metal chimney extender to screw into the coil. You can also use the Cleito 5ml bubble glass to get beyond 4 ml, but you still need the chimney piece from the 4 ml kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrundleFly

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Np, any time. Be kind enough to quote one of my messages, or @ me in yours, so the system will notify me you have something to say. Or PM me, whatever. Otherwise I might miss your comment. FWIW, I suspect inefficient wicking in the Serpent SMM is causing the leaks. Neither of mine has never leaked a drop, not even on first fill with a new wick, which is unusual.

The SMM is pretty leak resistant. However, I do get condensation by the airflow slots (definitely condensation, not a leak) so just a quick wipe down when I refill or remove it from a mod.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The extender tank is part of the Survival kit I believe... I may play with it today, to find out... I've heard in Europe, some Brick and Mortars will remove it, or online vendors won't ship it to Europe due to 2 ml regulations. I'm not sure where you are. The SMM gets good reviews from many folks, as well. I don't have it so I can't really comment....

Anna

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017

Hi, i'm writing here on behalf of Palpatine, I suposse I will be Obi-Wan then, lol.....my pal hasnt been in good shape lately, some injuries to heal yet, so he ask me to continue here, i'am too a begginer vaper, so I understand a bit what he's looking for. He had more time to search and learn some days ago, so he made a short list of mods, after he realised that an advanced device wouldnt be really necessary (unless the mod has other practical functions or catched on a good price drop), besides the painful wait preorders on some of the new arrivals.

We have found GearBest as another option to FT, I dont know much about them or if they are slower or faster in shipping, any advice for it would be good. Anyway, some deals are really convenient, even half priced items in comparision to FT. Dont know, let you advise me on this matter.

After putting away the G Priv or Procolor models, the first for its lock/unlock button next to the power trigger, easily being activated for its proximity to the working finger. A lot of people complaining about it, after burning their builds unexpectly. The second, for being a too colorful and very little discrete device. Here's the short list:

GeekVape Aegis - Simple and sober, durable and nice looking dude, firing 100w. Shows amps, ohms, watts and volts. VW and TC. Good reviews. Only con IMO is the single battery system, for two or all day vaping. But maybe using it at 70-80w, the option of a 26650 battery could hold power for this amount of time, before charging again, because I would forget the 18650 op (which is available too with a cap) for this purpose, even at those watts. The charger will be a trouble too, if the 26650 is to be used only, not so common battery format in these days. Fires really fast.

Ijoy Captain, Smoke Alien and Vaporesso Revenger - Nice mods firing to 220w aprox, two 18650 cells also, but reported wrong ohms reading problems and not by little differences, even after coil and contacts cleaning.

Aspire Speeder - High wattage too, nice looking, this one with VV (real advantage for adjusting taste for example?)

HCigar Towis - another touch device that goes up to 180w, but without the dreaded unlock button near firing button. More rounded design and IMO better looking than the Smok ones. Advantages would be the complete info in main screen, the two 18650 battery system to hold for a day or more at 80w usage, as many other mods with dual battery. Good reviews too, but not too many, its a relatively new device I guess and I dont know much about it. It seems firing pretty fast.
Update - This one seemed having it all right, until a reviewer (pbusardo I think) stated that the mod wont shut off unless taking out the cells and no over-
discharging protection..its a pitty, being a very good looking, power enough and still affordable product.

In Joyetech, there are many devices to choose from, but I've read that the 510 connection is awful, particularly in this brand on most models at least. I dont know if i'm right about this, but it is all over the net.

The new G Priv 2 is smaller and higher definition screen, it would be ideal and also cheaper than the predecessor, but the preorders will last to the end of October and from there, nothing is guaranteed concerning shipping lots. One good thing these Smok have, is the 1 to X watts scaling, not all mods start from 1, most common from 5 or 10w, not a big deal obviously, just commenting, pointing to little more experimental use and taste settings.

About tanks, if the mod to be purchased comes or not with its own tank as a kit, isnt important but it is a plus, as an independent rta will be ordered too. Like the
Serpent SMM suggested by you, very good tank indeed. What do u think about these;

Wotofo SERPENT SMM RTA
Wotofo SERPENT SMM RTA -$21.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
The first choice so far, only thing u can't experiment with double coils in a given moment. But has very good reviews on taste and easy to bulid on.

Digiflavor Siren GTA - MTL Atomizer 25mm
Original Digiflavor Siren GTA - MTL Atomizer 25mm Version -$23.77 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
This one is only the tank, no rba included here. Good taste and mtl designed.

IJOY LIMITLESS XL 4ml RTA Atomizer
Original IJOY LIMITLESS XL 4ml RTA Atomizer -$12.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
This one has the ability to change decks I think. Not mtl concibed but not going over 80 - 120w, with a 1.0 ohms SS316 coil, airflows pretty closed and a flat drip tip could do the trick a little. It comes with a lot of spare parts, some pre made coils, cotton and two decks, single and dual coils respectively. Nice looking too but a bit tall.

Geekvape Ammit RTA Dual Coil Version with 3ml -$23.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It seems pretty good too, not really for novices, but learning to build correctly is the way.

I got a question too, I started on the pre made coils time, back then RDTA wasnt a concept yet, but I see is simply a dripper atomizer plus a tank, to have both
worlds in one piece. So, could this type be used all day without refilling each 10 min? If so, that would be the way to go, to gain flavour specially. There is an rdta that has a top pump system (not a squonker) that makes the upper container liquid fall directly over the coils, but I understand it has to be done only when the lower tank is getting empty, dont know exactly, the specs aren't so clear, dont remember the model and cant find back that page. But if that's the case, pumping a couple of times, each 2 hours wont be so terrible.

About the toolkit Palpatine was looking for, I dont like it neither, better would be going for the coil master 521 mini tab

$19.99 Authentic Coil Master 521 Mini Tab Resistance Tester Coil Rebuilding Deck - 0.1-9.9 ohm / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Better reviews and more accurate ohms reading so far. Concerning a coil winder, there are a lot, but I think one that goes from 1.0 or 1.5 to 3.5mm can cover more choices. Advises here would be helpful too. What about this one:

$7.14 Coil Master V4 6-in-1 E-Cigarette Wire Coil Winder - 1.5 + 2 + 2.5 + 3 + 3.5 + 4mm poles at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Besides these two elements, some scissors, tweezers, wire and cotton. In wire and cotton, for approaching good flavour and some decent clouds, but not cloud
chasing really, I will wait for suggestions, here I know very little.

Update - While I was writing this to you all, we had some power downs due to severe storms over here, connection was lost for some days, so in order to gain time, we decided for two mods, the geekvape aegis and the laisimo wayern, the lattest have been already ordered once connection came back, because a big discount was already expiring on that one. With this two mods being almost half the price each at this time, one very sturdy and going to a reasonable 100w and the other, lacking of some functions but going up to 220w (not really, but some 180w actually, after some reviewers), I think we can cover more ground and solve that factor at least. If one goes better, the other rest...and viceversa, for the price of a single, more advanced mod that could be not the best choice in the end. Tell me what you think about these mods, was at least a last minute decent desicion? Good reviews on both things, I ve checked so far.

Serpent SMM ordered too, but if another rta able to do single and dual builds is suggested, would also be great, for further experimenting.

It only remains to ask you guys about a good capuccino, vainilla and /or menthol flavour juices, on the 6-12mg range, if you know of some, be at FT or GB stock.
Once, we tried some Hangsen and Hangda, but perfume scent was horrible. What about Liqua or another brand? Hopefully some big 50ml or more, when possible,
but if less capacity bottles are known for better flavour, then its ok too. I know very little about liquids too, unfortunately.

I thank for your time and patience to every one of you. Salutii.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi, i'm writing here on behalf of Palpatine, I suposse I will be Obi-Wan then, lol.....my pal hasnt been in good shape lately, some injuries to heal yet, so he ask me to continue here, i'am too a begginer vaper, so I understand a bit what he's looking for. He had more time to search and learn some days ago, so he made a short list of mods, after he realised that an advanced device wouldnt be really necessary (unless the mod has other practical functions or catched on a good price drop), besides the painful wait preorders on some of the new arrivals.

We have found GearBest as another option to FT, I dont know much about them or if they are slower or faster in shipping, any advice for it would be good. Anyway, some deals are really convenient, even half priced items in comparision to FT. Dont know, let you advise me on this matter.

After putting away the G Priv or Procolor models, the first for its lock/unlock button next to the power trigger, easily being activated for its proximity to the working finger. A lot of people complaining about it, after burning their builds unexpectly. The second, for being a too colorful and very little discrete device. Here's the short list:

GeekVape Aegis - Simple and sober, durable and nice looking dude, firing 100w. Shows amps, ohms, watts and volts. VW and TC. Good reviews. Only con IMO is the single battery system, for two or all day vaping. But maybe using it at 70-80w, the option of a 26650 battery could hold power for this amount of time, before charging again, because I would forget the 18650 op (which is available too with a cap) for this purpose, even at those watts. The charger will be a trouble too, if the 26650 is to be used only, not so common battery format in these days. Fires really fast.

Ijoy Captain, Smoke Alien and Vaporesso Revenger - Nice mods firing to 220w aprox, two 18650 cells also, but reported wrong ohms reading problems and not by little differences, even after coil and contacts cleaning.

Aspire Speeder - High wattage too, nice looking, this one with VV (real advantage for adjusting taste for example?)

HCigar Towis - another touch device that goes up to 180w, but without the dreaded unlock button near firing button. More rounded design and IMO better looking than the Smok ones. Advantages would be the complete info in main screen, the two 18650 battery system to hold for a day or more at 80w usage, as many other mods with dual battery. Good reviews too, but not too many, its a relatively new device I guess and I dont know much about it. It seems firing pretty fast.
Update - This one seemed having it all right, until a reviewer (pbusardo I think) stated that the mod wont shut off unless taking out the cells and no over-
discharging protection..its a pitty, being a very good looking, power enough and still affordable product.

In Joyetech, there are many devices to choose from, but I've read that the 510 connection is awful, particularly in this brand on most models at least. I dont know if i'm right about this, but it is all over the net.

The new G Priv 2 is smaller and higher definition screen, it would be ideal and also cheaper than the predecessor, but the preorders will last to the end of October and from there, nothing is guaranteed concerning shipping lots. One good thing these Smok have, is the 1 to X watts scaling, not all mods start from 1, most common from 5 or 10w, not a big deal obviously, just commenting, pointing to little more experimental use and taste settings.

About tanks, if the mod to be purchased comes or not with its own tank as a kit, isnt important but it is a plus, as an independent rta will be ordered too. Like the
Serpent SMM suggested by you, very good tank indeed. What do u think about these;

Wotofo SERPENT SMM RTA
The first choice so far, only thing u can't experiment with double coils in a given moment. But has very good reviews on taste and easy to bulid on.

Original Digiflavor Siren GTA - MTL Atomizer 25mm Version -$23.77 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Original IJOY LIMITLESS XL 4ml RTA Atomizer -$12.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
This one has the ability to change decks I think. Not mtl concibed but not going over 80 - 120w, with a 1.0 ohms SS316 coil, airflows pretty closed and a flat drip tip could do the trick a little. It comes with a lot of spare parts, some pre made coils, cotton and two decks, single and dual coils respectively. Nice looking too but a bit tall.

Geekvape Ammit RTA Dual Coil Version with 3ml -$23.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It seems pretty good too, not really for novices, but learning to build correctly is the way.

I got a question too, I started on the pre made coils time, back then RDTA wasnt a concept yet, but I see is simply a dripper atomizer plus a tank, to have both
worlds in one piece. So, could this type be used all day without refilling each 10 min? If so, that would be the way to go, to gain flavour specially. There is an rdta that has a top pump system (not a squonker) that makes the upper container liquid fall directly over the coils, but I understand it has to be done only when the lower tank is getting empty, dont know exactly, the specs aren't so clear, dont remember the model and cant find back that page. But if that's the case, pumping a couple of times, each 2 hours wont be so terrible.

About the toolkit Palpatine was looking for, I dont like it neither, better would be going for the coil master 521 mini tab

$19.99 Authentic Coil Master 521 Mini Tab Resistance Tester Coil Rebuilding Deck - 0.1-9.9 ohm / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Better reviews and more accurate ohms reading so far. Concerning a coil winder, there are a lot, but I think one that goes from 1.0 or 1.5 to 3.5mm can cover more choices. Advises here would be helpful too. What about this one:

$7.14 Coil Master V4 6-in-1 E-Cigarette Wire Coil Winder - 1.5 + 2 + 2.5 + 3 + 3.5 + 4mm poles at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Besides these two elements, some scissors, tweezers, wire and cotton. In wire and cotton, for approaching good flavour and some decent clouds, but not cloud

Update - While I was writing this to you all, we had some power downs due to severe storms over here, connection was lost for some days, so in order to gain time, we decided for two mods, the geekvape aegis and the laisimo wayern, the lattest have been already ordered once connection came back, because a big discount was already expiring on that one. With this two mods being almost half the price each at this time, one very sturdy and going to a reasonable 100w and the other, lacking of some functions but going up to 220w (not really, but some 180w actually, after some reviewers), I think we can cover more ground and solve that factor at least. If one goes better, the other rest...and viceversa, for the price of a single, more advanced mod that could be not the best choice in the end. Tell me what you think about these mods, was at least a last minute decent desicion? Good reviews on both things, I ve checked so far.

Serpent SMM ordered too, but if another rta able to do single and dual builds is suggested, would also be great, for further experimenting.

It only remains to ask you guys about a good capuccino, vainilla and /or menthol flavour juices, on the 6-12mg range, if you know of some, be at FT or GB stock.
Once, we tried some Hangsen and Hangda, but perfume scent was horrible. What about Liqua or another brand? Hopefully some big 50ml or more, when possible,
but if less capacity bottles are known for better flavour, then its ok too. I know very little about liquids too, unfortunately.

Well, sounds like you have the mod question answered. Good thing as I am not up on the latest wrinkles in regulated mods. I really lean more toward mechanicals. I don't want to comment on them because I know so little. Of all the tanks you mention, the only one I have personally is the Serpent SMM. It is a nice little beast; currently my go-to small capacity single coil machine. I have two or three of them. No experience with the rest, but I can say a lot of people really like the Ammit. I do like RDTAs, and a lot. It is, or can be, the best of both worlds if you don't want to go squonking. You'll fine Ijoy makes a Limitless RDTA as well, and I highly recommend it. It was the first RDTA I ever tried and I think I have 5 or 6 copies. A friend of mine, formerly at Ijoy, sent me a pair of them comp and asked me to do a review. I did, it's somewhere here on the board. And I liked it so much I bought all the rest of the copies I own. Very nice little RDTA indeed. There are other choices, of course, but I like that one. Cheap too.

I think the "pump" RDA you're talking about is called the Big Dripper. I mean, I know the Big Dripper is a pump RDA, and I think that's what you mean. It has a juice tank above the build deck and you push down on the drip tip to squirt some juice down on to the cottons. It's not every two hours, though, it's about as often as you would drip a regular RDA. No prob, though, and easy to do. Fairly sizeable tank, I think 4ml or so, so it will last a while. As luck would have it-- surprise!-- I have one. It's not a bad vape really, but I found it annoying to build because of the honkin' gigantic tank in the top cap. I bought mine for the same reason you are considering (this was before RDTAs were common and before I got smart enough to understand if you (sacrilegiously) wick an Old Skool Genny tank with cotton, it is an RDTA): I wanted a dripper I didn't have to re-drip every ten minutes. So, as I say, it's not a bad vape at all, and your experience may be different from mine, but it didn't do the trick for me. I solved the problem by buying my first REO and going a-squonking; then later getting a few Ijoy Limitless RDTAs.

I don't really have a good suggestion for you about a dual coil tank. My go-to dualie tank is the Augvape Boreas. It's a fabulous machine: flavor to make the eyes water, gigantic tank (8ml, I think), double super extra easy to build as the whole deck lifts right out without even emptying the machine and best of all, designed by my friend Roxy. (My avatar is a photo of Roxy's parrot, but I won't bore you with the details of how and why that happened.) Unfortunately, the tank is no longer in production. When I heard Augvape was pulling them, I bought a handful, but I don't know where to tell you to find one. I can't imagine anyone who has one ever being willing to part with it. I do, however, hear good things about the Ammit you mention and it can be build single or dual. Why not give one a try?

The 521 tab is my favorite ohmmeter, and the one I normally use. I know nothing about the tools that come with it in the kit as I assembled my own tool kit long before the 521 was born. I personally do not like the coiler you link, but don't let that dissuade you. I don't like any coilers of that design and probably because I learned how winding on a drill bit.

I have never ordered from gear best and can't say anything about them. I do like fasttech, if you don't mind growing old before the shipment arrives.

Finally, I know nothing about store bought juices; neither would I be interested in the types of flavors you mention. I DIY, and prefer simple fruit and spice flavors.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Wotofo SERPENT SMM RTA

I will finish adding some thoughts where suprtrkr left off here.

As to the mini tab etc, just get the full kit. By the time you spend 20 dollars on the mini tab, 7 on the coil winder, more on tweezers and everything else you will need, your better served getting the whole kit. You won't be disappointed as the kit has all you need to start.

$49.99 Authentic Coil Master DIY Kit V3 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (it's 44.24 in the cart after you apply the coupon code)

The only thing extra you will probably want is some 26 gauge kanthal, the kit comes with 24 gauge but you will probably want some 26 gauge to start. Also, get some extra Japanese organic cotton... the kit comes with some, but you will want more.

As far as juices, I have never (and truthfully would never) order juices from fasttech, but if a juice smells perfumey then it's most likely the flavorings are alcohol based. Those are just fine to vape, but you have to open the bottle for a couple/few days to let the alcohol evaporate off the juice. Just take that tip off, it is removable, and don't shake the bottle ... just let it open to air, depending upon how much flavoring is used, I've let juice sit open for three days to a week or more.

As far as gearbest, I've tried to do business with them, but my bank wouldn't do business with their bank as their bank is based in the U.K., and my bank has no reciprocity with their banks in the U.K... so, I didn't complete the purchase and have never tried doing business with them again. However, I've never heard anything bad about them or from them.. I wouldn't worry about buying from them as a result.

I think that covers your questions?

Last edited:

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
I will finish adding some thoughts where suprtrkr left off here.

As to the mini tab etc, just get the full kit. By the time you spend 20 dollars on the mini tab, 7 on the coil winder, more on tweezers and everything else you will need, your better served getting the whole kit. You won't be disappointed as the kit has all you need to start.

$49.99 Authentic Coil Master DIY Kit V3 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (it's 44.24 in the cart after you apply the coupon code)

The only thing extra you will probably want is some 26 gauge kanthal, the kit comes with 24 gauge but you will probably want some 26 gauge to start. Also, get some extra Japanese organic cotton... the kit comes with some, but you will want more.

As far as juices, I have never (and truthfully would never) order juices from fasttech, but if a juice smells perfumey then it's most likely the flavorings are alcohol based. Those are just fine to vape, but you have to open the bottle for a couple/few days to let the alcohol evaporate off the juice. Just take that tip off, it is removable, and don't shake the bottle ... just let it open to air, depending upon how much flavoring is used, I've let juice sit open for three days to a week or more.

As far as gearbest, I've tried to do business with them, but my bank wouldn't do business with their bank as their bank is based in the U.K., and my bank has no reciprocity with their banks in the U.K... so, I didn't complete the purchase and have never tried doing business with them again. However, I've never heard anything bad about them or from them.. I wouldn't worry about buying from them as a result.

I think that covers your questions?

Thank you Opinionated, yes it covers almost all, about the kit you re right, it is because I saw a cheaper version of it and the ohms tester doesnt have a button to fire the coils and the wrong readings were discussed a lot. Surely a clone kit. I just thought a better tester was more logical to get first, than the other disposables, like the cotton and wiring that could be found over here, as a last resort. But logically we are trying to get the whole bunch of necessary items to move on with it. So, good suggestion, thank you. You explained wiring and cotton, thats much more clear too. What do you think about the mods we picked? (Laisimo Wyvern and GeekVape Aegis). I know they aren't DNA or Yihi chip based, but we will like to know your opinion, are they at least good enough in basic functions? Forgot to ask too...I bet FT juices aren't good at all, have you a suggestion where else could I get better liquids that can be free shiping imported over here, Chile, South America? I ve been looking on internet and is plenty of US sites that exports items anywhere but shipping costs are really expensive. Dont know if im missing some info here or if I went to the wrong sites. Most of the time, the other problem is how known and fair is the company behind the site. Well, if you have some ideas, please let us know, thank you again!!

Last edited:

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
I used Gearbest several times in the past always with PayPal with no problems. Shipping is about the same as FT.

Sent from the future

Concerning Gearbest, the mod we already purchased, was ordered using a credit card with no paypal option 'cause none of us have an account with it and we had something like 10 minutes to fill the order, before the offer ended. The order was done without trouble and accepted. Later, I discovered there is a paypal option without registration, but most people don't recommend it. I imagine using only the credit card wont be a problem, but ppl say is safer with Paypal. Tell me if you know something about it. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: redeuce

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I know nothing about any of the things you are discussing. I’m a tootle puffer. However, I do a lot of research. To this, I’d like to compliment you on the amount of research you are doing before you buy. If more people would use the full resources available, and the full resources of this board before jumping in, many mistakes would be avoided and less money wasted. Great job and kudos to members assisting this person.

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
I know nothing about any of the things you are discussing. I’m a tootle puffer. However, I do a lot of research. To this, I’d like to compliment you on the amount of research you are doing before you buy. If more people would use the full resources available, and the full resources of this board before jumping in, many mistakes would be avoided and less money wasted. Great job and kudos to members assisting this person.

Thank you redeuce, I didn't expect any compliments from anybody, I really appreciate your kind words...and you got that right, its a vertical task given the enormous quantities of products, sub products and tools out there to continue evolve each day. It is Palpatine who has being working hard to learn and find the right stuff keeping inside a budget somehow, but mainly because when you are out North America or Europe, shipping times are very often, a real pain, let alone other post-delay issues, so it becomes unpractical unless you get it right on the first shot and having the will to learn from wonderful people, like the friends here assisting right now... they deserve all credits. Finally, we are glad if we can contribute, at least a bit, to others in similar situation by making questions to the wise members in this matter. Now, we have to make the last orders and wait until a month or more to receive the pack, in the mid time, I ll post some more questions that will come up while Palpatine recovers. He send his regards and thanks again to all of you, for such a great help.

Last edited:
Reactions: redeuce

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Concerning Gearbest, the mod we already purchased, was ordered using a credit card with no paypal option 'cause none of us have an account with it and we had something like 10 minutes to fill the order, before the offer ended. The order was done without trouble and accepted. Later, I discovered there is a paypal option without registration, but most people don't recommend it. I imagine using only the credit card wont be a problem, but ppl say is safer with Paypal. Tell me if you know something about it. Thank you for your help.

It wouldn't hurt to monitor your CC account for the next month.

Sent from the future

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you Opinionated, yes it covers almost all, about the kit you re right, it is because I saw a cheaper version of it and the ohms tester doesnt have a button to fire the coils and the wrong readings were discussed a lot. Surely a clone kit. I just thought a better tester was more logical to get first, than the other disposables, like the cotton and wiring that could be found over here, as a last resort. But logically we are trying to get the whole bunch of necessary items to move on with it. So, good suggestion, thank you. You explained wiring and cotton, thats much more clear too. What do you think about the mods we picked? (Laisimo Wyvern and GeekVape Aegis). I know they aren't DNA or Yihi chip based, but we will like to know your opinion, are they at least good enough in basic functions? Forgot to ask too...I bet FT juices aren't good at all, have you a suggestion where else could I get better liquids that can be free shiping imported over here, Chile, South America? I ve been looking on internet and is plenty of US sites that exports items anywhere but shipping costs are really expensive. Dont know if im missing some info here or if I went to the wrong sites. Most of the time, the other problem is how known and fair is the company behind the site. Well, if you have some ideas, please let us know, thank you again!!

The coil master kit I linked you to is authentic, and comes with the mini tab ohm reader that you were wanting...

The coil master kits that you say you think are not authentic because they are cheaper, are actually authentic.. they are just earlier versions - before the mini tab was invented. I happen to have an early version of the kit and am very happy with it, I find no need to upgrade to the mini tab, but that is my personal choice and opinion. You buy what you feel most comfortable with, but I'll say either is fine.

I don't know of any U.S. based company that offers free international shipping. Fasttech is the only company in any country I know of that routinely offers such a thing, I'm sure they are able to due to China's currency manipulation, they can do a lot for just a tiny amount of money, and I'm sure it's in the currency exchange manipulation.

As for your mods, The Geekvape Aegis I would buy, I've heard enough great things about it I think it's a great choice. Definitely get the larger battery for it.

As for the Wyvern, honestly I haven't heard much on it other than its not true to wattage (you'll be vaping some 10 watts or more lower than your screen will display). Never was very popular here, not entirely sure anyone on this entire forum even owns one, could be wrong though but if anyone does they don't talk about it. So, with that said, if I got one cheap enough I might not have a problem trying it just to see.

It's probably going to end up being a passably decent mod that's nothing to write home about, but not bad either. If you got it cheap then it's all good, even if you don't like it because if you do like it, then it was a huge savings for you. Sometimes it's worth the risk especially when no one's talking bad about it, wattage not withstanding.

As far as having boards that aren't DNA boards.. to be honest the DNA boards are good, but the technology is out there and I'm finding lovely luck with boards that aren't DNA or YiHi so it's not always necessary to stick with those two brands... others can be just fine too. I never have a problem trying out (and purchasing) mods with boards which aren't DNA or YiHi.

I bought my son a wismec mod that was on clearance for 20.00, wismecs own board and an older model mod, and he absolutely loves it and has no problems whatsoever with it, no matter what mode he's in.. so yeah, a mod doesn't have to have a specific board to work just fine, from my experience.

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you Opinionated, that's right...the mod is, in fact, very basic, I believe we let ourselves be driven like a bunch of sheeps after that discount... in the end, the price wasn't the most wonderful thing, as I saw, right after, FT getting an even lower price on a better mod. You know, the game of commerce and their mathematical strategies that keeps people wandering for quite some time in the shopping grounds, trying to save some bucks.

Anyway, a reviewer called Jay, gives a 7/10 to this Wyvern mod, remarking its comfortable shape, fire button and batt cover. Nothing about actual vaping and plain capabilities. Others mention the lack of power too, as you said. It seems so so, we will know in some weeks. Concerning the tank, (more important factor than mod type, IMO) I made a mistake at the moment of ordering, Palpatine had the Serpent SMM selected already, after Suprtrkr advice, but the Ammit dual came into consideration too, despite being more a DL tank...Thing is, I've ordered the Ammit by mistake, without learning around about it before. The good thing is it has good reviews everywhere, but some complain about leaking a lot at the base, near the air intakes or directly from the 510 threat. Some say, using more cotton to fill the spaces would fix it a bit, some others have none of these problems with it. But it seems good quality machinery at least. Welcome any comments on this...About the kit, we decided to pick, as first choice so far, the Coil Master 521 Mini Tab, the Coil Master Coiling Kit V4 (both items having a MAP discount at FT) and these Bailiwei tweezers, over the full Coilamster kit case, 'cause we have some other tools over here, that would do the scissors and pliers job (unless these are very specific, but ppl says not really for the cutting job only), that subtotal is $28 including a drip tip, the full kit with MAP too, goes to $45, so not a bad saving...concerning wire and cotton, I prefer known branded supplies, after all, thats what is going to our lungs, even in a molecular level. This one : 10pcs Wick N Vape Cotton Bacon V2 Organic, good reviews at least, any opinions are welcomed. The wire...I think 30ft of ss316 for 0.3Ω and 0.8Ω, (khantal or clapton could be too, but the mod supports only ni ti and ss in tc it seems) but FT hasn't a big stock of wire I noticed, in brands or quality, I dont know much really. Since the first order was made from GB, given the price and taking into account the vast number of customers complains about them, we are making the second order for the remaining items from FT. I know there's a reply explaining in detail about wires but I cant find it, any advise on some brand or recommended type for 2 rods, 0.3Ω and 0.8Ω from FT would help to end the shopping. I believe gauge should be about 26-28 if I recall correctly. Last comment; it seems the Ammit dual will overhang on the Wyvern mod, if this is strictly aesthetical, doesn't matter but if contact is compromised, it will be bad. As for juices, the idea is create our own too, ordering some now, is meanwhile we learn to. Thanks a lot once again for your support.

Last edited:

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
The coil master kit I linked you to is authentic, and comes with the mini tab ohm reader that you were wanting...

The coil master kits that you say you think are not authentic because they are cheaper, are actually authentic.. they are just earlier versions - before the mini tab was invented. I happen to have an early version of the kit and am very happy with it, I find no need to upgrade to the mini tab, but that is my personal choice and opinion. You buy what you feel most comfortable with, but I'll say either is fine.

I don't know of any U.S. based company that offers free international shipping. Fasttech is the only company in any country I know of that routinely offers such a thing, I'm sure they are able to due to China's currency manipulation, they can do a lot for just a tiny amount of money, and I'm sure it's in the currency exchange manipulation.

As for your mods, The Geekvape Aegis I would buy, I've heard enough great things about it I think it's a great choice. Definitely get the larger battery for it.

As for the Wyvern, honestly I haven't heard much on it other than its not true to wattage (you'll be vaping some 10 watts or more lower than your screen will display). Never was very popular here, not entirely sure anyone on this entire forum even owns one, could be wrong though but if anyone does they don't talk about it. So, with that said, if I got one cheap enough I might not have a problem trying it just to see.

It's probably going to end up being a passably decent mod that's nothing to write home about, but not bad either. If you got it cheap then it's all good, even if you don't like it because if you do like it, then it was a huge savings for you. Sometimes it's worth the risk especially when no one's talking bad about it, wattage not withstanding.

As far as having boards that aren't DNA boards.. to be honest the DNA boards are good, but the technology is out there and I'm finding lovely luck with boards that aren't DNA or YiHi so it's not always necessary to stick with those two brands... others can be just fine too. I never have a problem trying out (and purchasing) mods with boards which aren't DNA or YiHi.

I bought my son a wismec mod that was on clearance for 20.00, wismecs own board and an older model mod, and he absolutely loves it and has no problems whatsoever with it, no matter what mode he's in.. so yeah, a mod doesn't have to have a specific board to work just fine, from my experience.

It seems I ve replied you as a new post by mistake too.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It seems I ve replied you as a new post by mistake too.

It's okay.

So you've ordered everything now?

The thing about wicking is that is the most difficult aspect to learn, and each tank has its little quirks. If you don't wick properly any tank will leak. But with proper wicking pretty much none will.. so don't take the whole leaky tank comments as gold. Some tanks are just more finicky in how you need to wick it, and some people have no patience to learn a new tank.

Once you get your tank then have patience while learning wicking. It took me SEVERAL tries on a very high dollar rta to finally get the wicking right. The first few times I lost ALL the juice in my tank.. hahaha.

If you need help we will be happy to help you.. and you never know, you might get it on the first go!

Just watch a couple build videos on your particular tank first.

BrundleFly

Aug 30, 2017
It's okay.

So you've ordered everything now?

The thing about wicking is that is the most difficult aspect to learn, and each tank has its little quirks. If you don't wick properly any tank will leak. But with proper wicking pretty much none will.. so don't take the whole leaky tank comments as gold. Some tanks are just more finicky in how you need to wick it, and some people have no patience to learn a new tank.

Once you get your tank then have patience while learning wicking. It took me SEVERAL tries on a very high dollar rta to finally get the wicking right. The first few times I lost ALL the juice in my tank.. hahaha.

If you need help we will be happy to help you.. and you never know, you might get it on the first go!

Just watch a couple build videos on your particular tank first.

Hello Opinionated, yes, I bet the first coilings are a pain, deserving some dedicated time to get used to. Yes, the gear is splitted btween GB and FT, one mod, charger, cotton and tank are already packed but still in GB despite I made the order a week ago. The rest from FT is on the shopping chart, already selected. Im still trying to determine the best wire type for both resistance levels I ve mentioned, we think ss316, 26-28 gauge would be better for taste, but plain, rounded, tiger style? Any suggestion? Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread