MTL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Understood, thank you all for your input :thumb:

I like the look and reviews of the Triton Mini. I'll see if I can make some time to read some reviews of the clones. If not i'll grab a Triton Mini quick sharp before the end of the week and TPD doom
If you are looking at the Aspire line, I have the Triton mini, N Mini and the new Nautilus 2. The N2 has the smoothest air flow and beats the others hands down. Very tight draw if you want or you can open it up for a restricted DL sort of. The Triton mini can be Mtl it leans more toward the restricted DL side a little more. IMO. The new .7ohm Nautilus coil seems to work well in it opened up. (But then it's not really very Mtl) The T mini seams to be midway between MTL tank and a Sub-ohm tank.
If you want to rebuild a Kayfun 5 with the reducer kit can give you a good MTL experience and has the ability to open it up without the reducers and get a lot of airflow...
There should be a new Kayfun coming out soon. You might want to wait on the KF5 to see which one suites your style before dropping $120.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
If you are looking at the Aspire line, I have the Triton mini, N Mini and the new Nautilus 2. The N2 has the smoothest air flow and beats the others hands down. Very tight draw if you want or you can open it up for a restricted DL sort of. The Triton mini can be Mtl it leans more toward the restricted DL side a little more. IMO. The new .7ohm Nautilus coil seems to work well in it opened up. (But then it's not really very Mtl) The T mini seams to be midway between MTL tank and a Sub-ohm tank.
If you want to rebuild a Kayfun 5 with the reducer kit can give you a good MTL experience and has the ability to open it up without the reducers and get a lot of airflow...
There should be a new Kayfun coming out soon. You might want to wait on the KF5 to see which one suites your style before dropping $120.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I personally hate airy draws, for me, the Kayfun Lite has never been equaled for a MTL draw that emulates a cigarette almost perfectly...and using 18mg strength juice the throathit is spot-on as well.

I have five KFL's running 2.5mm, 26ga Nichrome w/rayon spaced coils @ .75ohms, damn near perfect vape with extreme dense vapor and fantastic flavor. Been on the vape for almost 6 years after 2 packs a day for 40.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK

Interesting, thank you Cosmic :thumb: I've got plenty of DL capable devices and only one MTL device. I've been reading some very good reports on the N2 with only it's tank capacity a downside. They should be available post TPD here so I may hold off buying a backup MTL device and just get a N2 if my N1 gives up the ghost. I may get myself a Triton Mini for the hell of it if i come across one in the next couple of days though :)

Reactions: Eskie

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    :censored:

Ill as breasts eh??? Nah, I'll stick to the dogs :censored:.

I'm behind on the mtl game. I've got Heron, kayfun lites, phenomenon, kayfun mini v3 (new but good). Kfun 5 (new and poor) Some cheaper bits expromizer and something else mtl and new but I just can't think of the name.

Can't beat the golden oldies.

Now look what ya made me do!!!!

P1000884_zpsdsj9mkfd.jpg

Just had to load up a "Golden Oldie"

wonders how many remember using drip shields

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Got myself a Nautilus 2, couldn't find anything else suitable out on my travels.

My first go with it hasn't gone well so far. I've put the 1.8ohm coil in, filled it with some 50/50 3mg juice and put it on my Kanga Mini Mod and its just gurgling and spitting at me on anything between 12 and 14w on any airflow :(

EDIT: I think the juice is too thick for the 1.8 ohm coil

Last edited:
    Reactions: poirot

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Got myself a Nautilus 2, couldn't find anything else suitable out on my travels.

My first go with it hasn't gone well so far. I've put the 1.8ohm coil in, filled it with some 50/50 3mg juice and put it on my Kanga Mini Mod and its just gurgling and spitting at me on anything between 12 and 14w on any airflow :(

I use 50/50 juice in my Nautilus 2 and it doesn't gurgle. It's fine. Maybe you got a bad coil? Is everything tight?

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I think i've cracked it. If the outer metal casing isn't tight enough it gurgles, spits and dumps juice if you blow to clear it. The casing has to be really really tight down. I'm getting a smooth draw now. Just not enough of a throat hit on this juice, i've got some 6mg 50/50 juice to try next.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016

50/50 is actually the perfect juice for the all the Nautilus coils. Best flavor and wicking. 3mg nic wont give you that Throat hit though. I personally use 12mg Mtl and sub ohm a 6mg. (Don't really sub ohm and any more but when I did) if that helps as a reference. Juices with menthol help give a kick without raising your nic as well.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    That's good to hear, thanks Cosmic.

My tongue and the inside of my mouth in general doesn't like a lot of nicotine. I'm fine on 3mg sub ohm and better on 2mg. I'm trying 6mg 50/10 now in the Nautilus and it feels like too much nic so i'll finish this tank and try the 3mg again. I do like a throat hit but i like a healthy mouth more ;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Thanks Eskie, i'll chuck any juice i've got in it then :cool:

Nah, don't chuck anything. Just play around until you find your own happy place. If 3 isn't enough and 6 too much, assuming they're the same flavored juice, just mix them 1:1 for a 4.5 mg juice and if that fits. There's no right or wrong with this stuff (other than doing something like drinking the whole bottle or juggling batteries along with quarters) it's whatever satisfies you.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2016
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Nah, don't chuck anything. Just play around until you find your own happy place. If 3 isn't enough and 6 too much, assuming they're the same flavored juice, just mix them 1:1 for a 4.5 mg juice and if that fits. There's no right or wrong with this stuff (other than doing something like drinking the whole bottle or juggling batteries along with quarters) it's whatever satisfies you.

What i meant is most of my juice stock is 3mg in a VG/PG ratio that will work in the Nautilus, so i'll chuck any of them in and try them.

I do have some juices that are now too strong. For instance i have 30ml of 18mg juice i'd like to dilute down to 3mg. I was thinking of just adding a load of PG to it but i'm not sure how much

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread